• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

Dell is not selling Netbooks, 10-inch laptops that saw mild success for a couple of years. The company is now concentrating on laptops that deliver real performance--a major failing of the Netbook.

"We sold through the Dell Mini some time ago. We're committed to the highly portable space and have focused on delivering thin + powerful solutions, for which we've seen strong success, particularly in our XPS line," said Matthew Hutchison, director of Dell Global Consumer PR.

Hutchison said Dell's mobile consumer focus is on products like its recently introduced XPS 14z and the XPS 15z.

Posted Image
Dell Mini 10 Netbook is dead now!

Source

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

POPULAR

Good. Netbooks were old, shitty hardware that became trendy just due to it's small size. Only a few of the netbook processors ever went dual core, and they were still 1.x ghz. not even 2.x ghz. All in all, old tech a decade old reconned to smaller size, made trendy. For the price of a DECENT dual core netbook you could get a good laptop for the same price.

#3 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

My android phone is probably just as powerful, if not more than most netbooks ever were. I feel like Tablets also helped to kill these worthless things off too.

#4 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

The only thing that was ever good about netbooks was they came in nice colours that laptops don't seem to get =[

#5 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Netbooks were good for size and looks... that's it. A nice 13.3 inch laptop will always be a better choice over a netbook.

My next laptop will definitely be a 13.3. After using a 15.6 inch, it will be hard trying to use a 10 or 11.6 inch for business and college trying to show graphic designs, software, websites, or other things to a group of people.

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

netbooks should die, they were horrible. Even battery life on netbooks weren't exactly spectacular.

#7 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

Good. Netbooks were old, shitty hardware that became trendy just due to it's small size. Only a few of the netbook processors ever went dual core, and they were still 1.x ghz. not even 2.x ghz. All in all, old tech a decade old reconned to smaller size, made trendy. For the price of a DECENT dual core netbook you could get a good laptop for the same price.

What bearing does the processor speed have on anything? Most new ultrabooks are going to feature sub 2 GHz processors.

Clock speed means jack sh*t when it comes to performance.

#8 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

Ultrabook and tablets are the new trends! :D

#9 Dan Brian

Dan Brian

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

Netbooks ruled the market when launched but tablets are even more portable and packs fairly good harware too...

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!