Windows Explorer crashes rendomly in vista ultimate sp2 x64

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nealloy

nealloy

Active WinMatrixian

• 492 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

I got my explorer crashing randomly. suppose i am browsing mozilla firefox or ie, then minimize it and right click on the empty space of the desktop, it starts crashing...mozilla and ie was just an example. it happens whenever it wants. twice or thrice a day. i couldn't find what is causing the problem. i checked for ani virus, spyware, malware, by kaspersky and also malwarebyt's anti malware. but couldn't find anything. and also search on google but didnt find any solution. my machine is core i7 with 8gb ram. pls help me..

#2 Maximum Payne

Maximum Payne

Active WinMatrixian

• 351 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Try to find suspicious file in task menager - process.I know its shoot in the dark but I really don't know really weard bug.
Try googling and if you really don't find anything,reinstall win.

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

the cause of it could be an errant background process.

#4 nealloy

nealloy

Active WinMatrixian

• 492 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

the cause of it could be an errant background process.

what did you mean by errant background process? i also think it could be something for background process, but couldn't find out what causing it.

#5 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

If you can, when focusing on Task manager processlist, use ALT + PRNT SCRN (Print Screen) to capture a screenshot of the window to your clipboard, paste it into Paint and save it and upload it to here so can we see if we find something suspicous. IF the list is too long, either stretch the task manager vertically or you can post more then one pictures :)

#6 nealloy

nealloy

Active WinMatrixian

• 492 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

If you can, when focusing on Task manager processlist, use ALT + PRNT SCRN (Print Screen) to capture a screenshot of the window to your clipboard, paste it into Paint and save it and upload it to here so can we see if we find something suspicous. IF the list is too long, either stretch the task manager vertically or you can post more then one pictures :)

Is this what you asked for? when i am starting windows for after long time..like 1day or 2days, definitely windows crashes, then manually i had to select my dreamscene again for the desktop background.

Attached Files

#7 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Just to add on, if you're going to re-install, I strongly recommend that you install Windows 7. It is much more stable, less buggy/crashes, and has so many new features etc. that you probably know about.

#8 nealloy

nealloy

Active WinMatrixian

• 492 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

Just to add on, if you're going to re-install, I strongly recommend that you install Windows 7. It is much more stable, less buggy/crashes, and has so many new features etc. that you probably know about.

by the way, i do have windows 7 ultimate 64bit as well. dual booting, but i prefer to run vista most of the time as i like dreamscene...sort of aquarium in my desktop.

#9 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

by the way, i do have windows 7 ultimate 64bit as well. dual booting, but i prefer to run vista most of the time as i like dreamscene...sort of aquarium in my desktop.

First of all, I can't believe you're gonna choose Vista over 7 because of a video background which would make your computer slower, and you probably can't even see it half the time because some application is using most of your screen.

Second of all, please switch to Windows 7 because they do have dreamscene for Windows 7, a simple google search would have told you so: HEEEEERE

#10 netbox

netbox

Customizer

• 380 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

Is this what you asked for? when i am starting windows for after long time..like 1day or 2days, definitely windows crashes, then manually i had to select my dreamscene again for the desktop background.

Try to close/end some of your processes, like;
Uniblue DriverScanner Monitor
HpqToaster Module
IAStorIcon
WebToolBar component

as for others suggestions; You can have dreamscene in windows 7..

#11 nealloy

nealloy

Active WinMatrixian

• 492 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

Uniblue DriverScanner was installed with kmplayer just yesterday. i have already uninstalled it. and rest of them are the association with certain program. they are in the machinf since i installed my OS. so i don't think they are causing this problem.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!