Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mobile Section Needed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

so, why do you guys call it iOS instead of...Mac OSX Mobile?
Posted Image

Beacuse, Microsoft self call it Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. While i havent seen Apple call it Mac OS X Mobile, or Mac OS X Phone.

Also, in Apple's defense they call the OS for all their mobiles iOS. Now matter if the OS does different things for each different device (iPod, iPhone, or iPad).

#22 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

Suggestion:

Forum: Windows Phone
Sub Forum: Other Mobile OS

Really? Name the main forum after the least popular Mobile out there? Has no one told you that Android and iOs are the only two real platforms?

Ok, lets put this to rest. This is an Blatant argument because the name of the mobile OS is Windows, also, the name of the site is WinMatrix.
WM has expanded past Windows, if your upset over it, then tough. As how WM has grown to encompass OSX and Linux, and hopefully the Mobile OSes, you need to let it go that Win in WinMatrix = Windows. Instead WinMatrix now means "Winning Matrix", as in, Win! Matrix, or whatever.

This is an old argument. Next person to bring it up, if i can ban then, i will do so, because it's all the same old drama.

Now, we need a mobile section, one for the big three, however, how about...

Windows Mobile OSes (for ALL Mobile Windows OSes, Phone, CE, etc...)
iOS, because, really, Apply only had one mobile OS
Linux Mobile OSes (This is for Android, Meego, etc...)
Also...
Other Mobile OSes (Blackberry and whatever, you know, the dead-but-they-dont-know-it-yet ones)

If it is a skin, use [Skin], An App, use [App], and so on and so on.

#23 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

Ok, lets put this to rest. This is an Blatant argument because the name of the mobile OS is Windows, also, the name of the site is WinMatrix.
WM has expanded past Windows, if your upset over it, then tough. As how WM has grown to encompass OSX and Linux, and hopefully the Mobile OSes, you need to let it go that Win in WinMatrix = Windows. Instead WinMatrix now means "Winning Matrix", as in, Win! Matrix, or whatever.

Posted Image

#24 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

THIS. OH GOD YES. PLEASE YES.

#25 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

Perrrrfeccct!!!!

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!