21 replies to this topic

#1 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

POPULAR

So lately there has been a lot of Drama and trolling. let me do my 2 cents.

First of all, if you dont like whats being said, dont post. Dont know if you have heard this old adage, if not, give it a try.

"If you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all."

get it?

WM used to be a great place, but as how Trolling has become accepted on the Internet, if not Expected, it has made this place a Drama Capitol, and thats unacceptable. Now, Have I trolled before, and there by guilty also?

YES.

Will some topics continue to upset me? Yes, most likely.

Will I post a trolling comment, or Flame Bait, or whatnot from now own?

No.

Fighting solves nothing. Get pissed off over something? Go make a damned sandwich. Dont Post. Be the better Man/Woman/Person.
This is the only warning. Trolling will now be answered with me doing time biased bans. Topics will be hidden, if not flat out Deleted.

Jatin made me a mod because i have a fairly good (not perfect) amount of Common Sense. I seem to be one of the few mods active as of late, so in that logic, it falls to me. If i am wrong I ask that Jatin PM me.

#2 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Thank You :)

#3 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Good post.

#4 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Please define "trolling." I see that word commonly misused on this forum to the point that the meaning has devolved to "posting anything that someone might disagree with."

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Please define "trolling." I see that word commonly misused on this forum to the point that the meaning has devolved to "posting anything that someone might disagree with."

Outside of making your point ONCE, anything else is Arguing, and hence, Trolling. Also, actively posting negative things, insults, etc... is trolling. Posting "who cares", "FU", etc, and so on Meme pics is also trolling.

In basics, arguing over and over is just ruining the thread, robbing the thread of any enjoyment at all, and just making the internet a worse place altogether.

If some one posts something, and you want to make what you feel is a VALID counter-point, cool, please do so. Going in to a lengthy, but moderated discussion, AKA no name calling, verbal abuse, etc... is acceptable also. Just remember to keep a cool head.

In short, i will assume that every one that posts her is over the age of 13, so please, act mature or as close to it as your PHYSICAL age can allow, or, if your mentally "better off", then feel free to act that age.

Ok?

#6 club90

club90

Active WinMatrixian

• 340 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

Outside of making your point ONCE, anything else is Arguing, and hence, Trolling. Also, actively posting negative things, insults, etc... is trolling. Posting "who cares", "FU", etc, and so on Meme pics is also trolling.

In basics, arguing over and over is just ruining the thread, robbing the thread of any enjoyment at all, and just making the internet a worse place altogether.

If some one posts something, and you want to make what you feel is a VALID counter-point, cool, please do so. Going in to a lengthy, but moderated discussion, AKA no name calling, verbal abuse, etc... is acceptable also. Just remember to keep a cool head.

In short, i will assume that every one that posts her is over the age of 13, so please, act mature or as close to it as your PHYSICAL age can allow, or, if your mentally "better off", then feel free to act that age.

Ok?

what about our friend tataarujin? all he does is troll...

#7 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

Ok?

what about our friend tataarujin? all he does is troll...

Then i will keep an eye out. first time is a warning, second time is a ban.

#8 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

I've been saying this shit forever. People act cool for a day and then they go back to whatever the hell they were doing.

#9 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

Heh, about me: I know when to stop. Just give me a job and I'll start it, i'm staggering.

#10 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

I've been saying this shit forever. People act cool for a day and then they go back to whatever the hell they were doing.

yup.

#11 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

ITT:

all mad

#12 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

ITT:

all mad

Yup. All of us are mad.

#13 celeron

celeron

WinMatrixian

• 109 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

I like your post villain, and yes we need to show some respect to other to make winmatrix unqiue out of others.

#14 thorden

thorden

Active WinMatrixian

• 291 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

POPULAR

It's been a long time since I've joined WinMatrix.
I follow almost all topics without replying much when I think it's unnecessary.

It is/was a great forum where it was possible to discuss things as an adult.

Giving your view/opinion about posts is a good thing.
This helps devs/designers to improve their work.
So please do reply.

But please don't post any disencouraging extreme replies.
Just be calm and think about the person you're replying to as it is you.

If you're having a bad day, don't reply to any posts. Go hit a tree or something and get your head cooled.

We are like a "family"(figuratively :) ) here on WM. If you don't like it here just go. There is nobody stoppping you from leaving.

Just keep the forum peacefull ;).

Grtz.
Posted Image

#15 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

It's been a long time since I've joined WinMatrix.
I follow almost all topics without replying much when I think it's unnecessary.

It is/was a great forum where it was possible to discuss things as an adult.

Giving your view/opinion about posts is a good thing.
This helps devs/designers to improve their work.
So please do reply.

But please don't post any disencouraging extreme replies.
Just be calm and think about the person you're replying to as it is you.

If you're having a bad day, don't reply to any posts. Go hit a tree or something and get your head cooled.

We are like a "family"(figuratively :) ) here on WM. If you don't like it here just go. There is nobody stoppping you from leaving.

Just keep the forum peacefull ;).

Grtz.
Posted Image

This. ^^ Full of Awesome and Win.

#16 tinkerer_svk

tinkerer_svk

is my zipper open? oh, shit...

• 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image

#17 celeron

celeron

WinMatrixian

• 109 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Posted Image

this animation is hilarious :D

#18 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:10 AM

Animation is funny... but i do find it offensive.
You see, i raise baby foster kitten. and yes, when they are small, the fall over.. all the time.

but it's just a joke, so yeah. But that kitten is cute!

#19 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Oh, jeez... <_<
Block the topic already. -_-

#20 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Animation is funny... but i do find it offensive.
You see, i raise baby foster kitten. and yes, when they are small, the fall over.. all the time.

but it's just a joke, so yeah. But that kitten is cute!

Internet + lolcats = you do the math. :lol:

Answer in spoiler, just in case you're wondering:
Spoiler

Edited by FalseAgent, 25 November 2011 - 07:23 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!