Object Bar Replacement?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

I am way late in the mac modding game for pcs but I loved Objectbar but I can't buy it (would even pay for the access to someone's key if they have one working but no clue how that would work lol)

Is there anything out there like it that I can get?

#2 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

So many: Rocketdock, XWD (there's 2 versions of this, ones in beta (2. something and 1 is 5.6 I believe)

These 2 are the ones I used over Objectdock in the past. In my opinion, Rocketdock is better functionality wise, as in performance, ram usage, much better looking zoom, and both Rocketdock and XWD have features that the other doesn't have. XWD has better looking themes and some cool features like reflection of icons and windows, but you should definitely try out both depending on your wants. Also, I know Rocketdock has many addons (like stacks), but I'm not too sure about XWD.

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

I agree with hab, RocketDock is a far better ObjectDock replacement, and, it's free.

#4 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

No, you guys are COMPLETELY missing the point..I want something like objectBAR. It replaces the taskbar with finderbar and runs natively. Not the dock >< I already have the dock.

#5 cerebalangel

cerebalangel

New WinMatrixian

• 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

try finderbar, i think its the most close look to mac bar.

#6 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:50 AM

try finderbar, i think its the most close look to mac bar.

The only finderbar I can find that works is for XP. I'm on 7 64bit

#7 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

Sorry about that, I read Object(something) and assumed it was Objectdock. If you really want Objectbar, there are other means of getting it if you know what I mean... obviously I can't post it but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

#8 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

I have tried a few...'alternatives' for getting it. None worked :(

#9 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

So I guess there's nothing?

#10 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

Try StackApp, it's free and very feasible.

#11 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Try StackApp, it's free and very feasible.

I googled it and that was very overwhelming lol most of the links I could find we're for iPhone. Would you mind linking me to what you are referring to with it?

I did find a finderbar port for windows 7 but it's really glitchy so if. This works better would love to try it.

#12 Island Dog

Island Dog

Active WinMatrixian

• 675 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, I haven't seen anything similar that works real well.

#13 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Island Dog forgot to mention. Stardock has something way nicer then ObjectBar coming soon. It's called Tiles and it's available in public beta. There is a free version Here

#14 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

That is closer to the active window function on my droid tablet. Still no where NEAR what I'm looking for.

At this point I think I'm just going to retire the thread since everyone is so far off of the simple finder bar. ><

Edited by Ra'sha Harris, 18 November 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#15 JcRabbit

JcRabbit

WinMatrixian

• 112 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

At this point I think I'm just going to retire the thread since everyone is so far off of the simple finder bar.

If what you want is user-definable menus which you can activate via hotspots, then give the NextSTART component of Winstep Xtreme a try.

Posted Image

Edited by JcRabbit, 28 November 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#16 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

Dammit... All wrong, ALL WRONG, ALL WRONG!!! If you don't know a software that really emulates behaviour of the OS X's Finder Bar, then SHUT UP and don't advertise your lovely crapware! :angry: Is it so hard?! <_<

#17 JcRabbit

JcRabbit

WinMatrixian

• 112 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Dammit... All wrong, ALL WRONG, ALL WRONG!!! If you don't know a software that really emulates behaviour of the OS X's Finder Bar, then SHUT UP and don't advertise your lovely crapware! :angry: Is it so hard?! <_<

What exactly is your problem? Have you ever tried the NextSTART component in Winstep Xtreme to make such a claim? When people mentioned docks - which definitely have nothing to do with menus - you kept your mouth shut. So why the anger now? Having a bad day, is that it?

As far as I know, NextSTART is, at this point, the closest thing there is to the now defunct ObjectBar. In fact, ObjectBar was initially based on it (NextSTART has been in constant development since 1999).

Let the OP decide for himself.

#18 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

What exactly is your problem? Have you ever tried the NextSTART component in Winstep Xtreme to make such a claim? When people mentioned docks - which definitely have nothing to do with menus - you kept your mouth shut. So why the anger now? Having a bad day, is that it?

As far as I know, NextSTART is, at this point, the closest thing there is to the now defunct ObjectBar. In fact, ObjectBar was initially based on it (NextSTART has been in constant development since 1999).

Let the OP decide for himself.

I have used this program however I have to agree with Ta. That is nothing like objectbar or finderbar. It's a fancy right-click menu. I'm going to guess you've never used a Mac.

#19 JcRabbit

JcRabbit

WinMatrixian

• 112 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

I have used this program however I have to agree with Ta. That is nothing like objectbar or finderbar. It's a fancy right-click menu. I'm going to guess you've never used a Mac.

Nope, you're right, I never did, other than in passing.

What exactly are you looking for, i.e.; what were the features in ObjectBar that you were really interested in?

#20 Ra'sha Harris

Ra'sha Harris

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Nope, you're right, I never did, other than in passing.

What exactly are you looking for, i.e.; what were the features in ObjectBar that you were really interested in?

ObjectBar/Finderbar becomes your menu bar for your system or for whatever program you are running. It takes the place of your file menu, edit menus etc

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!