Photo
- - - - -

Download files straight to Cloud (Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Docs etc.)

chrome dropbox skydrive google

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

bnCZXcA.png

You can download files straight to your Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Docs / Drive and most of the cloud storage services with the help of this "Cloud Save" extension for Google Chrome browser.

Supports Google Docs, Drive, Box.net, Dropbox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Windows Live SkyDrive, SugarSync, Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, Min.us, Twitpic and more.

Cloud Save for Chrome

#2 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

This is useful. =) Not for me tho - yet. :)

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

So... Your saving something to the "Cloud", AKA Internet harddrives, just to have to download it again at some point in time?

Waste of Time is a Waste of Time. I mean, even if you "save a web page" to the cloud, you have to DOWNLOAD IT to READ IT... So in the end, your just wasting space on the cloud servers.

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

So... Your saving something to the "Cloud", AKA Internet harddrives, just to have to download it again at some point in time?

Waste of Time is a Waste of Time. I mean, even if you "save a web page" to the cloud, you have to DOWNLOAD IT to READ IT... So in the end, your just wasting space on the cloud servers.

exactly. This is kinda stupid - if the file is already in the cloud, all we need is to save the link...not download it to another cloud.

#5 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:44 AM

Has anybody try it yet?

#6 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

The purpose of this extension is to push the files to all of your devices.

Suppose you have multiple computers, a tablets and a phone connected to your Dropbox account. This extension will push the file to all of your devices. You don't have to download the file manually.

#7 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

Use "Read It Later" extension or bookmark the link and enable the sync feature in your browser if you use multiple PCs. ;)

#8 Guest_aldreezy_*

Guest_aldreezy_*

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

i use this since we have 97mb/s net at school and i fill a hd in minutes.

#9 Abador

Abador

Abador

• 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Suppose I am downloading 13 mb file.

Will it download and upload straight into my skydrive ? Or it creates temporary folder on the machine.

#10 Maximum Payne

Maximum Payne

Active WinMatrixian

• 351 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Maximum Payne, 25 November 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#11 molotovich

molotovich

New WinMatrixian

• 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

exactly. This is kinda stupid - if the file is already in the cloud, all we need is to save the link...not download it to another cloud.

No if you cant download the file at the time and when you get home the file is gone...

Seriously, instead of bashing please, get your 2 braincells to work (I know it must hurt, but please, try)

Another use I see for this, is to download a file at home without having to log through teamviewer or a remote desktop in order to access the url where the file is in order to download

And in the end you delete the file from the cloud (usually transfers between internet servers are faster than from the server to your PC, with the added benefit of having all the time in the work to get the file once it hits your cloud service)

And the file is gone... see? (the link to the extension is dead)

Edit: https://chrome.googl...jioenmkgimjbbkd here it is...

Edited by molotovich, 25 November 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrome, dropbox, skydrive, google