MacWorld '05 = New Products for Apple

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AppleXY

AppleXY

Apple - The only way to describe quality

• 763 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:55 AM

Yo! I'm here to tell you that Apple Has released new products, the Apple Special Event called "MacWorld" which was held in San Fransico in the United States *duh* :P . I couldn't stay up for the Expo (coz it started @ 4.00AM!!!!!!!! :lol: ) but I got all the hype.

The new products/news are Mac Mini ; iPod Shuffle ; iWorks; iLife '05 !

I will explain these in detail!

Posted Image The Mac Mini; the very very small desktop computer, measuring 6.5" x 6.5" x 2" and weighing 2.9 pounds. Now you don't have to break your back, while moving your computer. Its a powerful one too. Giving the features, for normal good computing life. In 2 versions. 1.25GHz and 1.42GHz. go with enthernet, so you plug in DSL/Cable Connection , HeadPhone Jack, 2 USB 2.0 Ports, 1 FireWire 400 Port, Upto 1 GB of RAM. The Software that it comes are: Mac OS X version 10.3 “Panther,” includes Classic environment, Mail, iChat AV, Safari, Sherlock, Address Book, QuickTime, iSync, iCal , iLife ‘05 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD and GarageBand), AppleWorks, Quicken 2005 for Mac, Nanosaur 2, Marble Blast Gold and Apple Hardware Test. And the other Features Standard.

Posted Image The iPod Shuffle no bigger than a Gum Packet. (Actually Smaller). So Small that you might chuck it out; if you leave it your pockets with your other stuff! :lol: comes with 512mbs or 1GB of Hard Disk Space. It can be a USB Flash Key :P :lol: Extract from site: Random is the New Order

Welcome to a life less orderly. As official soundtrack to the random revolution, the iPod Shuffle Songs setting takes you on a unique journey through your music collection — you never know what’s around the next tune. Meet your new ride. More roadster than Rolls, iPod shuffle rejects routine by serving up your favorite songs in a different order every time. Just plug iPod shuffle into your computer’s USB port, let iTunes Autofill it with up to 240 songs(1) and get a new experience with every connection. The trail you run every day looks different with an iPod shuffle. Daily gridlock feels less mundane when you don’t know what song will play next. iPod shuffle adds musical spontaneity to your life. Lose control. Love it.

And it only costs from $99 USD

iWorks, and iLife '05 are self explaintory, (but iWorks might not be! :P)

here are all the links where I got all my info:

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
http://www.apple.com/macmini/
http://www.appletalk.com.au

and the log of MacWorld '05 right here

http://www.appletalk...feed/index.html

#2 WinTrunix

WinTrunix

WinTrunix

• 764 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:45 AM

These look cool

#3 Flightlessfalcon_no_limits

Flightlessfalcon_no_limits

Flightlessfalcon/ChemicalBurn

• 210 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:49 AM

i could probably get the iPod shuffle :D

#4 Integrated System

Integrated System

What?

• 1,820 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for the info AppleXY

#5 Blankwire

Blankwire

Whale?

• 257 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

I already posted a thread on this. B)

#6 Faneramx

Faneramx

Active WinMatrixian

• 844 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

i wanted to buy this but they are selling the mac mini without mouse and keyboard!

#7 Blankwire

Blankwire

Whale?

• 257 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:25 PM

You can use a regular keyboard and mouse as long as they use USB you know.

Apple is charging $100 for a m/k set!

#8 aleandro

aleandro

wanabe artist

• 621 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:35 PM

apple is the next ms. their product will be aimed at the masses from now on just watch and see.

#9 Blankwire

Blankwire

Whale?

• 257 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:02 PM

apple is the next ms. their product will be aimed at the masses from now on just watch and see.

No. They just want to sell entey porducts for cheap (Mac mini, iPod shuffle).

People buy them.
Apple makes money.

People want to upgrade.
Apple makes more money.

The Mac mini and iPod shuffle are actually bad deals for the most part (well actually, just the Mac mini, unless you think the no screen on the shuffle is a bad thing). But most people will be them (including myself) to get into the Mac scene. This is partially due to the success of the iPod when you think about it.

But I can't see Apple getting the monopoly in the computer industry just yet. I can see that Steve is starting to think smart. ;)

#10 aleandro

aleandro

wanabe artist

• 621 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:23 AM

People buy them.
Apple makes money.

People want to upgrade.
Apple makes more money.

The Mac mini and iPod shuffle are actually bad deals for the most part (well actually, just the Mac mini, unless you think the no screen on the shuffle is a bad thing). But most people will be them (including myself) to get into the Mac scene. This is partially due to the success of the iPod when you think about it.

But I can't see Apple getting the monopoly in the computer industry just yet. I can see that Steve is starting to think smart. ;)

building on the succes of one product to market another one. Steping away from the macs are the top of the top way of thinking. Seriously no line in with garage band..only 2 usb ports..ati radeon 9200. I am not saying that it is not good as a product just that apple is now going the way of ms and other corporation.

#11 Blankwire

Blankwire

Whale?

• 257 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:49 AM

People buy them.
Apple makes money.

People want to upgrade.
Apple makes more money.

building on the succes of one product to market another one. Steping away from the macs are the top of the top way of thinking. Seriously no line in with garage band..only 2 usb ports..ati radeon 9200. I am not saying that it is not good as a product just that apple is now going the way of ms and other corporation.

And technically, it's one USB port, because of the mouse. And that's only if you use the Apple keyboard. :angry:

Also, I think the no line-in is a bad idea too. :unsure:

Edited by Blankwire, 13 January 2005 - 02:50 AM.

#12 AppleXY

AppleXY

Apple - The only way to describe quality

• 763 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:28 AM

Do you have a mac Blankwire? I do :P :D !

@Alendro; most macs don't need a upgrade that soon (unlike with x86 baah, to fast :P ) One my relatives is using a PowerMac G3 and he says it runs stable and fine! :D

I also don't like the Mac Mini now, I like how its cheap, and more people can afford it; but the specs suck. Bad.

#13 austinhavican

austinhavican

WinMatrixian

• 60 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:59 AM

i think this computer will be bought by people who want a plug and play computer. for example i'm going to buy one for my girlfriend because it's small, cheap, easy to use, and has only what she needs. for her it is perfect. for someone like me who is big into upgrading, etc it isn't.
i think mac is appealing to my girlfriend's type of target market, and doing it brilliantly. i mean shit look how cute it is.
AUSTIN

#14 Bourne

Bourne

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:13 PM

Looks pretty cool. I might get it, but what about the cost of the moniter etc. :blink:

#15 HingVista

HingVista

Super WinMatrixian

• News Poster
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:49 PM

Cool

#16 Aqua Structure

Aqua Structure

long-time listener, first-time caller

• 1,595 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:58 PM

Looks pretty cool. I might get it, but what about the cost of the moniter etc. :blink:

Buy a cheap Samsung CRT, and Logitech keyboard/mouse. Price problem solved.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!