Photo
- - - - -

Android vs. webOS vs. iOS vs. WP7 vs. BlackBerry OS

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: The Best Phone and Tablet OS (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Phone and Tablet OS?

1. Google Android (25 votes [52.08%])

Percentage of vote: 52.08%

2. HP webOS (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad) (9 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

4. Windows Phone 7.5 (14 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

5. BlackBerry OS (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#21 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

I've used it, it's still ugly.

At least the UI is clear. Ever since the introduction of WP7, i've found both Android UI and iOS UI to be too cluttered for my tastes.

Windows Phone 7 doesn't have UI. It consists of white text labels on a black background. No, thanks! Android is the best, especially Sony Ericsson's UX.

A User Interface doesn't have to be a bunch of fisher price icons over a background.

Exactly. Why do people think that a user interface needs to have tons of wavy cool designs? I think the best UI is a UI with minimal design.

BTW, I really can't hold this in, but I absolutely hate Sony Ericsson's UI. Sure, it's really flashy and shiny but it isn't functional at all.

#22 whitlock1986

whitlock1986

New WinMatrixian

• 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

having used pretty much all of these, the one I have now is the best I've used, needs tweeking but WP7 is the best OS I've used yet!

#23 Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

WinMatrixian

• 116 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

It all depends how you want to use your phone and what you care about in a phone. Personally I like flexibility and the ability to pair with almost everything and customisation. I know windows phone 7 and iOS are closed environments and are nice and smooth, but it doesn't bother me if there's a bit of juttering. Personally i like the full control as well as the plug and play and customization of the android. I can do so much more with it then the restrictive iphone (especially when i don't need to spend thousands to get all the accessories to make it work). Windows Phone 7 is great for people who aren't technically capable and want a smartphone without complications. Its lightweight and easy to navigate around. For me I will always choose android because of:
Flash Support, File Access, Customisation, non-restrictive bluetooth, better networking support, more options on every page, more settings, the custom roms are SICK. and all the awesome things about android seem to keep getting included in the latest iOS patches and updates lol

edit: HTC Sense poos on everything when it comes to beautiful full features interface. Blackberry is dead (dying for business hardcores). WebOS is a bit meh, not enough power in it for me, to bland and has an outdated look

Edited by Ace of Spades, 18 July 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#24 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

About design of the mobile UI, this guy is a real master: http://www.rigodesig...category=mobile

#25 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

<br />Posted Image<br /><a href='http://lifehacker.co...for-power-users' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>Source Lifehacker.com</a><br /><br />I prefer tiles instead of icons like all the other phones so WP7&lt;3<br />

<br /><br /><br />

That chart needs updating. It's from last year.

#26 DJ Gx

DJ Gx

WinMatrixian

• 262 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

I really like ios and i was gonna buy an iphone too but when i saw this new rom from china developers i changed my mind!

It's like ios and android had a baby MIUI. :)
Really awesome os and it does have all the good fuctions of android plus a professional design like ios with uniqe themes etc.
I could write a lot more about this but just watch the video and some other videos on youtube to see what i'm talking about.

#27 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

I really like ios and i was gonna buy an iphone too but when i saw this new rom from china developers i changed my mind!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IERoNrLJ2kY

Really awesome os and it does have all the good fuctions of android plus a professional design like ios with uniqe themes etc.
I could write a lot more about this but just watch the video and some other videos on youtube to see what i'm talking about.

MIUI is so much win, I absolutely love it I just wish they had it out for my phone. I'm still stuck with just a plain 'ol CM7 mod. Only reason lower mid-range android phones suck is they never get any of the awesome roms :cry:

#28 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

holy shit...that looks amazing...looks a little aero inspired as well :woot:

#29 Amin Sam

Amin Sam

New WinMatrixian

• 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

Posted Image
Source Lifehacker.com

I prefer tiles instead of icons like all the other phones so WP7<3

It needs to be redefined as we see tethering in recent iOS updates

#30 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

I never understood why people like MIUI so much

#31 Laguna

Laguna

Active WinMatrixian

• 830 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

iOS for the sake of technology. :) For the simplicity, for the apps, etc.

#32 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

WP7 is good except for the homescreen and restricted app design scheme.

Android is good but because it's sworn to being 100% open, integration with hardware optimization is poort. If Ice Cream Sandwich can fix this it'll rise up.

WebOS was wrong place at wrong time.

iOS is toooooooo restrictive and repetitive

Blackberry, just isn't a smartphone

#33 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Android 3.0 is still the best.

#34 littleman91

littleman91

WinMatrixian

• 138 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

Yep, this is what I'm using on my nexus one...it's just plain awesome.

#35 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

I wanna test WP7.5 so badly!

#36 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

Using Android 2.3 right now. Looking forward to see "Mango".

#37 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

Is it just me, or has iOS stagnated? If there is one thing I can't stand, it's a grid of icons. Ugh. And Android is more focused on being an iOS wannabe. It never really brought anything new to the table.

I prefer the sexiness of Windows Phone. Beautiful UI that gives the user the information they need without the need for an "app for that". Live tiles FTW! The Facebook integration (And Twitter now too, with Mango) is pretty hard to beat.

#38 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

iOS for the UI and polished apps.
Android for the open OS and tethering! :D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!