5 replies to this topic

#1 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

Posted Image

Microsoft plans to fix 22 vulnerabilities as part of its upcoming Patch Tuesday.

The Advanced Notification for the July Patch Tuesday is due to fix some critical vulnerabilities in Windows 7 and Vista. Microsoft is issuing four bulletins on Tuesday to fix 22 flaws across Windows and Office. Three of the bulletins are rated Important whilst one is rated critical, affecting Windows 7 and Vista. Microsoft didn't detail the flaws but its fourth bulletin will address a flaw in Visio 2003 SP3 rated Important. Two of the important bulletins affect Windows XP SP3 whilst all three non-office bulletins affect Windows 7.

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for July 2011

#2 K.L.Devine

K.L.Devine

Active WinMatrixian

• 898 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

#3 YeoMX

YeoMX

(formerly Yanike) L.ove O.ver V.iolence E.asy

• 255 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

Nice. Windows 7 SP1 was a very nice release. I've been in Linux world for a bit and missed it. After testing the same applications I used on Linux that work on Windows, I found that they actually start faster and some have a slight better stability. Security has also gotten better. IE doesn't download viruses across some bad sites. Still, Windows needs more protection across shared networks.

Something I'm not understanding while using IE9 is that it will error out on some pages for no reason and pop an alert saying Internet Explorer failed to connect with the site.

Edited by YeoMX, 09 July 2011 - 02:53 AM.

#4 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

Nice. Windows 7 SP1 was a very nice release. I've been in Linux world for a bit and missed it. After testing the same applications I used on Linux that work on Windows, I found that they actually start faster and some have a slight better stability. Security has also gotten better. IE doesn't download viruses across some bad sites. Still, Windows needs more protection across shared networks.

Something I'm not understanding while using IE9 is that it will error out on some pages for no reason and pop an alert saying Internet Explorer failed to connect with the site.

My issue with IE9 is the way it handles secure and non-secure content.

Totally fucks up the page.

#5 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

I love the speed of fixing vulnerabilities but it looks disgusting.

Too many flaws to recover in every single month.

#6 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,401 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

Today is Tuesday and I'm still waiting for the updates..

Posted Image

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!