• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Seventh Surfer

Seventh Surfer

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,897 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:51 AM

Posted Image

Static 2.0 visual styles for Windows 7 is inspired by the Windows Phone 7 Metro GUI and the awesome Rainmeter skin Omnium made by fediaFedia.

The theme pack includes:
  • Three different visual styles
  • Three different explorerframes (64x and 32x)
  • Mataching start orbs

:download: Download Static 2.0 | Info.

The author of this visual style is Snipes2. I'm not taking any credits.
You need to use Uxtheme Patcher before installing this visual style.

#2 Vaer0

Vaer0

-\//\\=/8O -

• 464 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

Nice

#3 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

I like Static Glass sub-style. Thanks for sharing.

#4 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

Let the Trolling begin...

Ok, I Like minimal skins, i really do, but this is so minimal it's just shapes, no details.
It's baised on the Metro UI? Really? Metro looks nothing like that.
The Preview Monitor in the pic at the top is a Mac computer, yet he's showing off a Windows Skin? (and dont give me any BootCamp BS...)

Fail. All of it.

So here is the lesson:
Minimal is supposed to me art with a Minimal amount of Detail. This skin has NO DETAIL. Hence the Fail.
Dont say "Baised on Metro UI". Only think close to the Merto UI is Omnimo. Your going to need to write a new program to Emulate Metro. Hence the FAIL.
A Mac Machine for the preview pic? Your a f**king retard! You could have just as easily turned all the white in to black and changed the base to not look like a Mac. I suspect that the "Artist" found a Mac preview pic on dA somewhere and decided to use it, instead of making a real PC monitor of there own. FAIL.

Well, seeing as how I jabe explained my thoughts on it, then it's not really Trolling is it?

#5 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ok, I Like minimal skins, i really do, but this is so minimal it's just shapes, no details.
The Preview Monitor in the pic at the top is a Mac computer, yet he's showing off a Windows Skin? (and dont give me any BootCamp BS...)

Fail. All of it.

So here is the lesson:
Minimal is supposed to me art with a Minimal amount of Detail. This skin has NO DETAIL. Hence the Fail.
Dont say "Baised on Metro UI". Only think close to the Merto UI is Omnimo. Your going to need to write a new program to Emulate Metro. Hence the FAIL.
A Mac Machine for the preview pic? Your a f**king retard! You could have just as easily turned all the white in to black and changed the base to not look like a Mac. I suspect that the "Artist" found a Mac preview pic on dA somewhere and decided to use it, instead of making a real PC monitor of there own. FAIL.

Well, seeing as how I jabe explained my thoughts on it, then it's not really Trolling is it?

it's....inspired by Metro, not based on Metro.

anyway, for the skin itself, I find the green shellstyle in explorer to be a little out of place, could we change that?

Edited by FalseAgent, 30 April 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#6 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

POPULAR

Your a f**king retard!

How are you a moderator here when you post such blatant insults? Maybe you aren't trolling, but you are being a major douche putting down a person for something that someone put effort into. If you don't like the skin, fine. But do it in a constructive manner and not completely bash the dude for it. I'm not a big fan of the skin, but it's just not my taste.

I hope you lose your mod status and just flat out suspended for putting someone down like that and flaming.

It is no reason why this site consists of 4-5 constant posters. The childish fanboy attitude of this site detracts from the potential a site like this had. This is a far different site from 5 years ago when I could count on 5 new themes a week with wallpapers galore and the whole 9 yards.

#7 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

Fail. All of it.

So here is the lesson:

I have to admit I agree with this - this skin really does not look good - there is a difference between minimal and shapes.

Static Metro actually looks decent btw but the random gradients on the other 2 are really out of place - personally I don't think the close/max/min buttons should just be a gradient.

Edited by hab, 30 April 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#8 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

I love what I see without the windows up, then I open windows and the green and the colored buttons ruin it for me :/

Edit:
Actually, I think i loved it with no windows because it's the images from clearscreen sharp, my favorite VS -.-

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 30 April 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#9 ayoshi

ayoshi

Active WinMatrixian

• 722 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

anyway, for the skin itself, I find the green shellstyle in explorer to be a little out of place, could we change that?

This. I don't like it too plus the minimize, maximize and close button, the colors are too bright IMO. I hope the author of the skin will update it :whistle:

Edited by ayoshi, 01 May 2011 - 02:07 AM.

#10 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

Your a f**king retard!

How are you a moderator here when you post such blatant insults? Maybe you aren't trolling, but you are being a major douche putting down a person for something that someone put effort into. If you don't like the skin, fine. But do it in a constructive manner and not completely bash the dude for it. I'm not a big fan of the skin, but it's just not my taste.

I hope you lose your mod status and just flat out suspended for putting someone down like that and flaming.

It is no reason why this site consists of 4-5 constant posters. The childish fanboy attitude of this site detracts from the potential a site like this had. This is a far different site from 5 years ago when I could count on 5 new themes a week with wallpapers galore and the whole 9 yards.

Completely agree on your remarks, this site where i used to watch on the new posting on many kind of information every day without fail, even i was very much spirited to post some news and information. But nowadays this site is been used to fight with non-sense words and people try to prove on some thing which of more irrelevant. No inspiration or praising someone's hard work. The manner the language used feels that everyone is a Scholar and Intellectual. Sorry to say that i dont feel like coming to this site. I know what kind of replies now i get, least bothered.

#11 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

Love the look, problem is though, the icons for the programs I have pinned to my task bar are not going to be anywhere on the net, like Imageshack uploader, Roxio, CPUz, GPUz, AI64, Tweetdeck etc

SO I would only get half the effect

Edited by Phenom II, 02 May 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#12 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Ok, i can agree with some parts of what Villain said. Sure it looks a little bit weird when someone is using a Mac monitor for a Windows VS. But you are able to give up the Mac OS and install Windows on your Mac machine too, right? Also.. maybe someone like the Mac monitor better then a regular PC monitor? But still using a regular PC.

The.. insulting and swearing stuff could have been less aggressive.. not spoken at all.

The theme in my opinion:
It looks nice, but what i dont like is the gradient close button, blue maximize and minimize in the upper right corner. In fact im not a huge fan of Metro at all. Sorry.

But i like the rest of the visual style.

Remember guys, the earliest versions of something isnt that great at the beginning, some may succeed often or less often. Let the guy improve his stuff :)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!