Microsoft introduced Tablet PC in 2002 :-D

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:54 AM

Do you know Bill Gates introduced the tablet PC in 2002?

Posted Image

#2 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

• 370 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

Well, I DID knew it, but that's not a guaranty that everybody knew it.

#3 Sheikh Rehab

Sheikh Rehab

New WinMatrixian

• 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

I never Knew, Windows Xp was going to Be used as Touch Screen Tablet.
Well That time Internet Was not So much Widely used All over the world, Basically on Dial up I was not interested to check out Those stuffs apart from Chatting on Msn Messenger.

#4 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

Apple launched iPad at the right time, with great marketing!

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Example: (not using areal product, using Shit, literally FECES as an example)

Bill releases a new item, called "ShitXP", world hates it.
Steve releases "iShit", world goes f**king nuts.

Lesson? The world sucks Steve's dick and is his bitch.

and NO, I am not saying that XP or Apple or anything else is shit, it's just an example.

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

Apple launched iPad at the right time, with great marketing!

exactly. Apple had the right mix of everything, something which Microsoft struggled with. That's all.

the idea of tablet computers isn't a new one, it was idealized and realized by Microsoft quite some time back.

#7 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

This is sad.

#8 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Difference is Apple made a "Tablet PC" and Microsoft made a miniature PC with touch controls. Big difference and people know the difference. That's why the entire PC industry followed Apple. It's not who gets there first that matters. It's who gets there and does it right. The people are not idiots. The people just don't jump on stupid ideas. I for one saw the tablets, but always wanted something along the lines of what Apple made.

The same with other mobiles. Windows mobile was great, but Microsoft still didn't come correct with it. They made everything small and you needed a freaking stylus to do certain things. Apple came later after Microsoft, Palm, and the others with a device that people actually wanted.

This is what makes Apple great. They invent and revolutionize inventions.

Edited by yanike, 27 April 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#9 splitfire

splitfire

WinMatrixian

• 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

Difference is Apple made a "Tablet PC" and Microsoft made a miniature PC with touch controls. Big difference and people know the difference. That's why the entire PC industry followed Apple. It's not who gets there first that matters. It's who gets there and does it right. The people are not idiots. The people just don't jump on stupid ideas. I for one saw the tablets, but always wanted something along the lines of what Apple made.

The same with other mobiles. Windows mobile was great, but Microsoft still didn't come correct with it. They made everything small and you needed a freaking stylus to do certain things. Apple came later after Microsoft, Palm, and the others with a device that people actually wanted.

mmmm sound like a apple fanboy.
the diference its the marketing not the idea.

#10 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

mmmm sound like a jealous Microsoft noob boy.

No. It's both marketing and product.

Microsoft's product was nothing special. That's why it didn't sell. Apple released the iPhone and iPod Touch, which both were game changers, and followed with the iPad.

I love how you come with fanboy crap when I use Ubuntu Linux on a PC.

This whole thread is a jealous thread about Microsoft coming first. Fine. They came first with a shitty product that no one wanted.

Guess what... Apple came late and finished first. Pure fact. Nothing you can post can prove other wise. Apple invented the modern tablet. Get over it.

I like Apple products as well, but guess what I use Ubuntu Linux on a PC and now an Android phone.

Am I a Linux fanboy? No. I just like Linux and what it offers.

Edited by yanike, 28 April 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#11 splitfire

splitfire

WinMatrixian

• 154 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

mmmm sound like a jealous Microsoft noob boy.

No. It's both marketing and product.

Microsoft's product was nothing special. That's why it didn't sell. Apple released the iPhone and iPod Touch, which both were game changers, and followed with the iPad.

I love how you come with fanboy crap when I use Ubuntu Linux on a PC.

This whole thread is a jealous thread about Microsoft coming first. Fine. They came first with a shitty product that no one wanted.

Guess what... Apple came late and finished first. Pure fact. Nothing you can post can prove other wise. Apple invented the modern tablet. Get over it.

I like Apple products as well, but guess what I use Ubuntu Linux on a PC and now an Android phone.

Am I a Linux fanboy? No. I just like Linux and what it offers.

mmmmm wrong.
and wrong
aaannnndddd wrong, just like apple and microsoft people. im a debian user.
is that i just like PAY THE RIGHT PRICE FOR WHAT I GET. and that right, apple invented one thing... the fancy crapware, same computer, diferent look, 150% overpriced.

btw “Ubuntu is an ancient african word, meaning 'I can't configure Debian.'”

ps: why i would be jealous, im not the one who is wasting the money ;)

#12 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

While I don't always agree with Yanike, I've got to say, he's definitely right. Apple has the money for marketing, and they created the first truly tablet-friendly OS. You can't deny that. Windows sucks in its current form on touch screens, which was Microsoft's problem with releasing XP tablets. They sucked, so no one bought them. End of story.

#13 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

First one who can give me a USABLE mini-PC with full functionality, gets my money. iOS sucks balls, and Android does as well. I want a tablet that will hold me for a long while, and that will allow me actual tablet functionality.

#14 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

First one who can give me a USABLE mini-PC with full functionality, gets my money. iOS sucks balls, and Android does as well. I want a tablet that will hold me for a long while, and that will allow me actual tablet functionality.

Really? I think both Honeycomb and iOS do a great job of providing a suitable tablet. Dunno what you're looking for (or what your definition of 'actual tablet functionality' is), but I doubt that you'll see full desktop capabilities on tablets that work well anytime soon.

Edited by Elijah?, 28 April 2011 - 03:11 AM.

#15 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:13 AM

Really? I think both Honeycomb and iOS do a great job of providing a suitable tablet. Dunno what you're looking for (or what your definition of 'actual tablet functionality' is), but I doubt that you'll see full desktop capabilities on tablets that work well anytime soon.

Some people don't understand the meaning of a tablet right now. Tablets are EXCELLENT for what they are made for now. Android and iOS both have great features and apps that can get the job done. My jury is still out on Blackberry and WebOS tablets, because I haven't used them. My android phone alone does what I need on the go. I left my computer at home to go on a trip with only my Android phone and I was fine.

If you want a PC on the go, guess what!.. today is your lucky day... The industry has this device for sell called a laptop. It runs fully functional Desktop OSes.

If you are looking for something along the lines of a tablet that can transform like Optimus Prime into a laptop or desktop computer, stand in line. The entire future is waiting on that device.

Edited by yanike, 28 April 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#16 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Some people don't understand the meaning of a tablet right now. Tablets are EXCELLENT for what they are made for now. Android and iOS both have great features and apps that can get the job done. My jury is still out on Blackberry and WebOS tablets, because I haven't used them. My android phone alone does what I need on the go. I left my computer at home to go on a trip with only my Android phone and I was fine.

If you want a PC on the go, guess what!.. today is your lucky day... The industry has this device for sell called a laptop. It runs fully functional Desktop OSes.

If you are looking for something along the lines of a tablet that can transform like Optimus Prime into a laptop or desktop computer, stand in line. The entire future is waiting on that device.

I have one of these if it counts.

Posted Image

#17 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

I have one of these if it counts.

Posted Image

Those kindof devices are the closes that people can get to a tablet/laptop.

Edited by yanike, 28 April 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#18 Guest_ABD_*

Guest_ABD_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

bullshit. neither win tablet PCs or Ipads are good. Samsung Galaxy FTW

#19 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Again, I agree completely with you, Yanike. Plus, with the Photoshop capability Adobe is releasing on the iPad (Honeycomb support would be nice too, but I don't see that happening anytime soon), tablets are getting even better.

#20 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

1366: a farmer named Adam milked a bull and no one gave a flying piss

1378: a farmer named Bill milked a cow and everybody liked the milk

Conclusion SurB86 is a f**king moron

Ok serious, what is the point of this post???

Edited by Borix, 29 April 2011 - 02:08 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!