#1 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Vienna Experience 6.2

Thanks for viewing the Vienna Experience 6.2! The following description will tell you all about this new release of the Vienna Transformation Pack.

Download!
The pack has been uploaded to DeviantArt in order to have a fast and stable server. Will be upload to a secondary in the future.

About
Not the biggest update ever, but it was a much needed one. Now featuring a new visual style and an update Panels System. Many bugfixes, some updates and some little changes.

Feature List
A lot of things are still the same but with some subtle changes.

Overall:
Installation system
Finally an installer for Vienna. Powered by CustoPack Tools, this installer is easy and highly customizable

Rainmeter:

Panels System Suite
Panels System is the Vienna Experience's own Rainmeter suite. It has been made by =poiru and it mixes advanced Rainmeter coding with an easy to use interface, which makes it easier to use and control. It has been updated to the latest version featuring some bug fixes and a welcome menu.

Minor modifications:

CD Art Display
CD Art Display Beta 3.0 has been supplied, aswell as 2 skins, one for the Panels System suite, and Kaori, my own skin.

Cursors
These cursors worked out great with Vienna 5, so we decided to use it again in Vienna 6 experience. These nice cursors, made by ~musicislife1995 go along great with the Vienna style.

Logon
A custom logon has been made by me which fits with the Vienna 6 experience. An application to change it is included.

Major modifications:

Visual Style
A new version, a new visual style. Elune by :devmihitrimatrix: is now the default style, as it fits perfectly in the Vienna design spirit.

File modifications
Vienna Experience includes many dll file modifications, all integrated in the installer, for easy installation!

FAQ
Q Does this work on Windows XP/Vista?
A No. The Windows XP version has been archived and is no longer supported.

Contact
Problems? Please contact me! You can note me here on dA, or you can send me an email to my personal email address, which is

jcgames2[at]gmail[dot]com

Official website
You can find more information at the Vienna website, which is here.

#2 Loveliet

Loveliet

Blah

• 149 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

The black and the clear white don't really mix in my opinion, but thats just me I know that this theme is apparently based on a car which if i remember correctly was silver and black in some areas. I've tried using this before, but since i am a fan of simplicity and minimalism i tend to want only that which works through as few programs and interface changes as possible; rain meter tends to be a memory and CPU cycle hog and it gets in the way of my other visual elements. -.- Don't get me wrong, my CPU is modern and i have 4GB's of available memory that i barely use but that doesn't mean I like to see other programs like that take so many resources just to provide a solution for my information needs...After all I'm a gamer, i need all the cpu cycles and resources i can get. I think we need to start thinking along the lines of a shell suite for windows, not just a rain meter or visual style...something that offers an entire experience as a true suite. Take a look at some of the works with lite step on DA, they like to make everything as customized as possible right down to the music players and the way the right click menus function.

I'd like to try something ambitious like that but alas i haven't the skill nor the desire xD Think about it though, a Vienna shell would bring a lot more to the plate.

I've used Elune myself before though. Its a very clean an unobtrusive visual style but somehow i think using it here has changed the meaning of what the Vienna suite was and created a conflict(wasn't it originally all black?). Right now I use the visual style named Dawn as it is even clearer than Elune and a little more attractive with its style of glass. The right kind of wallpaper sort of creates a harmony with desktop and gui. I want to see perfect harmony in future visual styles like the ones shells (replacing explorer and other elements of the OS with your own) offer.

Edited by Loveliet, 06 April 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Vienna was one of the Window OSes "codenames". Like how Longhorn was for Vista.
I am using it, i like it, but i DO have a nitpick. I dont like how the mouse-over for the min/max/close buttons, the "glow" if you will extends out Way to far, in a vertical line. The glow should be curved at least.

#4 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

I agree that the black and the clear white doesn't look good together but your theme is neat. Really a nice transformation pack.
4.5 out of 5 from me!

#5 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

... Oh, I thought it was a flier for a free trip to Austria.

I guess I should real more carefully :lol:

#6 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:57 PM