31 replies to this topic

#1 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

POPULAR

Microsoft has launched the Release to Market (RTM) version of Internet Explorer 9. The rollout began earlier today with a launch in the UK, and was heralded at an event at SXSWi in Austin, Texas. The browser will be available in 39 languages across the globe, and can be downloaded at Beautyoftheweb.com.

IE9 Release Candidate (RC) users will not be able to notice any major differences in the RTM build, because there are none.

Only users running Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7 RTM / SP1 will be able to download / install and run IE9. As previously revealed, IE9 does not support Windows XP SP3.

Posted Image

Whats new in IE9:

• Fast: With IE9, the Web delivers a new level of performance by unlocking the power of the PC hardware through Windows. The new JavaScript engine, Chakra, brings Internet Explorer 9 to the top of the class of the top browsers in terms of speed.
  • Clean: With IE9, consumers can keep sites at the center of their browsing experience, pinning them to the taskbar and interacting with them the same way they do applications.
  • Trusted: IE9 offers industry-leading protections (like SmartScreen) for the real-world threats (such as malicious sites and phishing scams) that consumers face every day on a sometimes-hostile Web.
  • Interoperable: With hardware-accelerated HTML5, developers can use the same markup across browsers to deliver a new class of Web experiences that feel more like apps than sites.

Click here for the complete list of new features in IE9.

Direct Download Links:
:bulletorange: Windows 7 x86 (32-bit)
:bulletorange: Windows 7 x64 (64-bit)
:bulletorange: Windows Vista x86 (32-bit)
:bulletorange: Windows Vista x64 (64-bit)

#2 Guest_IE9er_*

Guest_IE9er_*

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

IE 9 confusing!

#3 Chrominator

Chrominator

Active WinMatrixian

• 649 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Watch the video to see why IE9 will bring you the greatest browsing experience on Windows. :)

#4 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,775 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

IE9 Language Packs for Windows 7

#5 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

IE9 64-bit for Win 7 is a whopping 34.7MB!!

#6 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Liek omg brah. Put your damn 500GB+ hdd to use?

With storage expanding so fast, heaven forbid programs get bigger too.

Even with the whopping 35MB capacity, IE9 is fast as heck. It matches Chrome on my end really [speed wise]... though I still prefer Chrome without a doubt [yay customization]. IE9 can be my backup browser though :)

#7 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

Liek omg brah. Put your damn 500GB+ hdd to use?

With storage expanding so fast, heaven forbid programs get bigger too.

Even with the whopping 35MB capacity, IE9 is fast as heck. It matches Chrome on my end really [speed wise]... though I still prefer Chrome without a doubt [yay customization]. IE9 can be my backup browser though :)

File storage isnt the case. Modern developers just aint writing apps as efficiently or packing the code in as tight as they used to. Ofcourse, then also NOT using assembly, but .net, a language that is known for bloat. Hell, the runtime dependency files for .Net is about 20Mb, say, as where vb6's runtimes are all of 9Mb. And C++ is even less.

#8 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 871 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:58 PM

This link is old but it gives you an idea what IE9 can offer.
http://windows.micro...ompare-browsers

#9 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

@Munkypoo7

I care less about the size for storage puproses. I have 4TB worth of storage!

File storage isnt the case. Modern developers just aint writing apps as efficiently or packing the code in as tight as they used to. Ofcourse, then also NOT using assembly, but .net, a language that is known for bloat. Hell, the runtime dependency files for .Net is about 20Mb, say, as where vb6's runtimes are all of 9Mb. And C++ is even less.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's the efficiency that I am talking about. Firefox's and Chrome's offline installers are much smaller in size and let me tell you this, IE9 is nowhere near close to Chrome.

To me, browsing with Chrome is like browsing my hardrive. I am yet to have to wait for a page to load. With IE9, I still have to wait for a page to load.

AGAIN, IT'S CALLED EFFICIENCY!

Edited by xsever, 15 March 2011 - 03:11 PM.

#10 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

It's funny to watch all over the net as many a XP user cry over the fact that their precious OS is going unsupported here.

#11 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

Ok. Lacking CSS3 properties and other HTML5 features. Not even a simple CSS text-shadow.

This is the final version and it's supposed to be a more beautiful web???

XP users aren't missing anything. XP users continue to user Chrome or Firefox. You know browsers up to standards.

Test:
http://www.findmebyi...target-selector

Edited by yanike, 15 March 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#12 alphatonic

alphatonic

WinMatrixian

• 127 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

IE9 is amazing and very very powerful but i miss some comfortable features like mousewheelscrolling trough open tabs when i hover over them and adblock/noscript/flashblock/remove it permanently for cleaning facebook/twitter/etc. buttons and other useless clutter from my favorite sites.

#13 club90

club90

Active WinMatrixian

• 340 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Ok. Lacking CSS3 properties and other HTML5 features. Not even a simple CSS text-shadow.

XP users aren't missing anything. XP users continue to user Chrome or Firefox. You know browsers up to standards.

Test:

here comes the expert... turururu

#14 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

Test:

Not trying to be a kill joy, but I expected the final IE to support more. It forces developers to still use old methods than trying new ones.

Edited by yanike, 15 March 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#15 club90

club90

Active WinMatrixian

• 340 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Test:

Not trying to be a kill joy, but I expected the final IE to support more. It forces developers to still use old methods than trying new ones.

its a browser man, if Microsoft was mean they could make a perfect browser
and take over the market share but that wouldn't be fair for other browsers
just be happy it works nice ;)

#16 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

I wish they would make a great browser. It doesn't make anything easier on developers. Lots of people out there still use XP. They really need to add more CSS3 properties at least and release a IE9 Lite version for XP users. It's hard to try something new for my own businesses and my clients, when most the world still uses IE.

I really hate that text-shadow wasn't included. I hate having to use photoshop to make a simple text-shadow for IE users.

Edited by yanike, 15 March 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#17 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

I wish they would make a great browser. It doesn't make anything easier on developers. Lots of people out there still use XP. They really need to add more CSS3 properties at least and release a IE9 Lite version for XP users. It's hard to try something new for my own businesses and my clients, when most the world still uses IE.

I really hate that text-shadow wasn't included. I hate having to use photoshop to make a simple text-shadow for IE users.

Windows XP is in extended support! Windows XP users won't be getting anything other than security updates from here on out. IE 9, Office 15, etc... Is out of the question. Don't like it? Too bad so sad. It's time to move on. Period. Evolve or die.

Edited by Frylock86, 15 March 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#18 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

As far as I am concerned, this Is IE9 lite. "Lite" as in it has virtually none of the mainstream HTML5 features that it should have. See FireFox and Chome for feature-complete browsers.

#19 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Windows XP is in extended support! Windows XP users won't be getting anything other than security updates from here on out. IE 9, Office 15, etc... Is out of the question. Don't like it? Too bad so sad. It's time to move on. Period. Evolve or die.

Some people's machines cant handle it, and since USA (I am assuming USA, thats where I live) is in a recession... yeah, cant be helped. Want to get rid of XP? Tell the Chinese to go to Vista/7 or Linux. They hold the world's record for not upgrading past XP.

#20 thorden

thorden

Active WinMatrixian

• 291 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

I read somewhere that it was possible to disable/hide the address bar in IE9.
Does someone know how to do it?

Tnx

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!