* * * * * 9 votes

Uxtheme Patch for Windows 7 SP1

uxtheme patch windows 7 sp1 msstyle theme

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Mr.Attack3r_*

Guest_Mr.Attack3r_*

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

help Pls universal theme patcher not working on Win7 Sp1.

#22 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

There are three methods for patching uxtheme.dll, themeui.dll, and themeservice.dll

&& a 4th method, that's been around forever, is using TuneUp Utilities to do it. I haven't installed it, for the longest time now, but back-in-the-day there was a patcher with it (lol, hopefully it'll still be there :)).

The only reason I stopped using TuneUp Utilities is because they've added a service that's always resident, to their software. This hadn't been the case in the Windows XP days. The best way it can be handled is to have the service set to Manual and remove the utilities from start-up (at boot time), using something like CCleaner, but the service will (have to) start every time the program - or one of its components - is launched. It doesn't even consume that much RAM, I've just found it (madly) annoying. xD

Btw., Softpedia is kinda nice for downloads. For example, global page 4 the app @ 'TuneUp Utilities Downloads'.

Edited by old5chool, 02 November 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#23 Magissia

Magissia

New WinMatrixian

• 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hello, the only problem with UxTheme is it get lost when doing a sfc /scannow, but thanksfully it's not hard to patch stuff back.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uxtheme, patch, windows 7, sp1, msstyle, theme