Please click on the "Like" button if you haven't done so already.
The changes go into effect for all Facebook Pages on March 10, which gives you four weeks to preview the new format and switch over at any time before then. If you have a Facebook page or app then it is important to learn how they work in order to make the most of this exciting new look and feel. Below is a map of the new features, followed by an additional summary of the changes:
- Photo strip above the Wall (with the most recent photos you posted or tagged) TIP: To optimize your photos size them to 96x67px in order to fit in the space provided and plan for them to be in random order.
- Tabs move over to the left panel, in the form of a list (maximum of 6 above the fold)
- Profile picture reduced from 200 x 600 pixels to 180 x 540
- Blurb box that was below the Page picture moved to info tab
- Pages can Like other Pages, not just favorite them
- Featured Pages and Admins
- Page category
- Choice for Wall posts between “Everyone” and Page posts only
- Mutual Friends and Interests section
- Ability to interact on Facebook as your Page
- Ability for admins to post and comment around the site under their Page’s alias
- News feed of updates from Liked Pages
- Pages can now feature iFrame tab applications
- Email notifications when users post or comment
Facebook app pages have also been updated to the new layout. Check WinMatrix Connect for an example.
Note: You can preview the new layout but once you upgrade, there is no way to revert back to the old design.
News source: Involver Newsletter