7 replies to this topic

#1 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Posted Image

This is actually an App that I wrote in 2003! I have been using it since Windows 2000 on every system that I have had.

Features:
* Self Installs (links) itself in to the SendTo menu
* You can browse for other folder, the app will remember them.
* You can also Drag and Drop files in to the file list box (left) and it will get added to the Que.
* You can choose to Copy a file, or to move it.
* You can choose to make a Short Cut, Add in "Shortcut to..." or to give the shortcut it's own special name.
* The app now inherits whatever Visual Style you may be using.

Once the app has been self-installed, you can use it in the SendTo menu to choose files to send to another folder.

I had to do a bit of re-writing, i had to update a bit of code to work with Windows XP and higher. I updated this app when I took my break from the Unicode translation system found in STR.

I dont know if anyone else will like this app, if not, oh well, if you do like it, then cool, glad that you like it!

Download : dA Direct Download.

NOTE: This will probably be my last app for a while. I am just going through all of my old source, releasing whatever i think is useful. I should have a new version of SysTray Recycler out in a few days with translations, but that should be it for a week or two. Dont want to release alot then just fizzle out to nothing.

#2 Dj_The_Tech

Dj_The_Tech

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Dude very nice , it seems very useful! I can defiantly use this ,thx for the upload!

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

no problem, glad that you like it :D

#4 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 897 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:34 AM

Really useful! Thanks :D

#5 yoni5002

yoni5002

Active WinMatrixian

• 345 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

No doubt it is useful and I personally find it extremely handy... the icon looks terrible though. You may want to update it, maybe.

Thanks for sharing this...

I'm gonna add it to a collection of useful little apps I'm getting from you... and of course, I may create an installer for those that actually like to keep things organized like myself. Hope you don't mind, Villan.

Wondering why you didn't enable the minimize button in your form... :unsure:

Edited by yoni5002, 27 January 2011 - 07:02 AM.

#6 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

i didnt enable the minimize button because once you use the app it goes away, it is not ment to be a constant window. The Icon, I got from SoftIcons. VB6 only supports up to 24bit depth (meaning no alpha channel) So I had to make due with what i had. I have no problems with you making installers, that is ok and cool by me.

#7 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

Awesome, but it really needs a new icon. :D

#8 Jonny Hotchkiss

Jonny Hotchkiss

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Does anyone know if this still works? running windows 7 (64-bit Ultimate), looks really useful...

Anyone still got a copy? 

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!