LinMatrix - What Do You Want It To Be

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Yeah, just ask Jatin about Linmatrix.com. I would hate for it to be a .tk domain.

#42 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

I already got hosting from my near friend, with unlimited storage, bandwith and full bundled. Now I need good domain, like .org...

Jatin owns www.linmatrix.com so that's not a problem at all.

#43 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

Okay, yeah let's take action! Are you serious? Have you done any planning into the boards itself? As Villain said, Jatin owns www.linmatrix.com. Talk to Jatin about using that domain, or better yet, ask him to throw Invision on that host.

And don't take it the wrong way because I like the enthusiasm, and am excited about the potential to have a Linux-focused board that is a sibling of WinMatrix. Just don't rush things.

EDIT: Also, if it's setup correctly, we could have one account for both WinMatrix and LinMatrix. So I think we should not start anything until Jatin says something.

Edited by CommonSense, 07 December 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#44 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

we need to wait for Jatin to give the OK. Win/LinMatrix is his site(s), and as such, we need to be courteous and wait for him to say that the site is live.

I have asked a few folks here if they are interested in starting up a new, original linux news site and forum. lets see what they say?

#45 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:00 AM

we need to wait for Jatin to give the OK. Win/LinMatrix is his site(s), and as such, we need to be courteous and wait for him to say that the site is live.

I have asked a few folks here if they are interested in starting up a new, original linux news site and forum. lets see what they say?

Do you mean brand new, not affiliated to WinMatrix (i.e. a site not named LinMatrix)? Or do you mean just a sub-forum here to test the waters?

#46 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:22 AM

I'd definitely prefer to simply have "sibling" site that integrates my current Winmatrix account, rather than a standalone site. It'd be a lot easier.

#47 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

Do you mean brand new, not affiliated to WinMatrix (i.e. a site not named LinMatrix)? Or do you mean just a sub-forum here to test the waters?

I do mean a new, non LM named site.

#48 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:31 AM

I'd definitely prefer to simply have "sibling" site that integrates my current Winmatrix account, rather than a standalone site. It'd be a lot easier.

I have no idea of database integration can be shared. how man other sites do you know of that supports this, just askin.

#49 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

I have no idea of database integration can be shared. how man other sites do you know of that supports this, just askin.

For example, all of the Nexus sites- Fallout 3 Nexus, Dragon Age Nexus, TESNexus, etc. all share your profile. Also, all Gawker sites- Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jolapnik, io9, etc. Engadget and Joystiq share profiles as well.
I could go on. Maybe Jatin knows how it could be done, who knows.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!