7 replies to this topic

#1 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Hello, Winmatrix
Let me introduce my new application. Its GlassOwnership. GlassOwnership will help you to take ownership and get full access to system files and folders or any other files.
I made it because i don't like famous registry tweak because of "runas" verb usage. I prefer to drop file what i have to own on window. It most useful method for me. However, application can be integrated in shell context menu and/or "send to" menu: for those who do not like drag-and-drop.
Posted Image
So, features are:
  • Take ownership on files and folders when you drop them on main glass window.
  • Integration with Explorer's context menu.
  • Integration with "Send to" menu.

Download link

Thanks all who help me with testing.

Edited by hb860, 30 April 2011 - 03:46 PM.

#2 ayoshi

ayoshi

Active WinMatrixian

• 722 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Nice and useful program thanks :rolleyes:

#3 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

I use Take Control. :)

#4 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

Ooh :D very nice. :D But i have been using this "own.reg" file which adds a context menu option so that i just have to right-click any file or folder and press "Take ownership" and then i see a CMD window pop up flashing by with all the files being owned.

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

I made it because i don't respect famous registry tweak with "runas" verb usage

I find that portion of your intro very arrogant. You should Always respect what other programmers / hackers before you have done. All that YOUR doing is re-using an idea that THEY did before you. Not to much innovation with you just re-doing what another person did before you, is there?

Now, i can say that i like how you took a different approach with this, the drag and drop target, i don think that anyone else had thought to do it that way, so kudos to you for finding a new way to do an old task.

And if your wondering why I have the right to talk to you like this, well, lets say this...

• First of all, you posted your app in the WRONG SECTION. It should be in the "Community Apps" section under the "Widgets & Desktop apps" topic.
  • Second of all, if you look in the community apps section, you will see that I did about 80% of all of the programs in there

so yeah, i know what i am talking about.

#6 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

Another handy app. I've used your Personalization Panel too. :D

#7 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

I made it because i don't respect famous registry tweak with "runas" verb usage

I find that portion of your intro very arrogant. You should Always respect what other programmers / hackers before you have done. All that YOUR doing is re-using an idea that THEY did before you. Not to much innovation with you just re-doing what another person did before you, is there?

Ok, sorry, will be more correct in future

#8 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 897 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:52 AM

I have it on my "send to" menu. Thanks man.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!