• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

Here's the logo I've been working on. I haven't done the colors yet, but the design is complete.

Posted Image

I wanted to do something different from WinMatrix, since Linux is different I think the logo should be too. This way members can tell the difference between WinMatrix and LinMatrix. LinMatrix should be it's own site in itself. I have some bad ass designs coming ;)

LinMatrix (My Blueprint Concept Site) updated:
Posted Image

I can help out with HTML, PHP, JAVA, CSS and MySQL as well.

ok, i have to be honest, i was not to sure about the monocolored theme, but after seeing the linux "screenshots" / threads(?) to the right of the menu, i am really liking it. good job!

#42 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

ok, i have to be honest, i was not to sure about the monocolored theme, but after seeing the linux "screenshots" / threads(?) to the right of the menu, i am really liking it. good job!

Thank You! The theme for the site I'm thinking of hasn't been applied yet. It's colourful and different.

You ain't seen nothing yet ;)

Some of these are remixed ideas taken from a very small portion of my forum site connected to my Viogin project and brought to LinMatrix.

Edited by yanike, 26 October 2010 - 11:21 PM.

#43 club90

club90

Active WinMatrixian

• 340 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

Great Idea!
but i think Jatin should make like a preview section in the homepage of Winmatrix
that shows Linmatrix's posts, cause I think with two forums this site its like gonna have less posts dont you think?.

@yanike
Great Layout!

#44 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:02 AM

@club90
Thank You!

Man, I just thought of something amazing. We need to get LinMatrix off the ground now.

#45 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

I can handle the actual coding pretty well. :)
So I have experience in php, html, javascript, css and juuuuuuuuuust a little bit in MySQL.

i wish i had coding knowledge of those ... i can barely do html. I did, however, write from vb6 a ADO (pre-SQL) database editor and manager. I think that it can also do SQL with a bit of tweaking. I would help out more, but I am not that great at graphics. I can do enough to get by, using the Gimp. Photoshop is a whole different story though.

I did that for MS Access 5 years ago (10th grade I think), wasn't a database manager, it was a full software using that database :P
Unless we'll be adding more features which use the database, we don't need too much of knowledge about it. The code in php files relating to it is pretty readable

#46 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:12 AM

Great Idea!
but i think Jatin should make like a preview section in the homepage of Winmatrix
that shows Linmatrix's posts, cause I think with two forums this site its like gonna have less posts dont you think?.

@yanike
Great Layout!

Jatin did saw that he would have a main "news" home page. Like how when you go to winmatrix.com, you see a page with current posts and news related items on it and such.
As far as LM stealing some posts from WM, well, that is sort of the idea. WM only has one thread, "Alternative OSes", as where LM could focus in on Ubuntu, Fedora, SuSe, PCLinuxOS, and mabey even Mac ... simply because Mac is a certified Unix, it has a terminal, it even has it's own form of X11.

So yeah, a small bit of posts mat be taken down from WM, but in the end, this new site will allow for much more in depth of that AltOS thread.

#47 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

Great Idea!

@yanike
Great Layout!

Jatin did saw that he would have a main "news" home page. Like how when you go to winmatrix.com, you see a page with current posts and news related items on it and such.
As far as LM stealing some posts from WM, well, that is sort of the idea. WM only has one thread, "Alternative OSes", as where LM could focus in on Ubuntu, Fedora, SuSe, PCLinuxOS, and mabey even Mac ... simply because Mac is a certified Unix, it has a terminal, it even has it's own form of X11.

So yeah, a small bit of posts mat be taken down from WM, but in the end, this new site will allow for much more in depth of that AltOS thread.

Another plus to having something like this is that it'll eliminate a lot of the current arguments that occur here on WM between fans of different OS's. Since WM is a mainly Windows community, I've seen quite a few arguments between fans of Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, or whatever.

On that note, I believe there should also be both Android and iOS subforums inside of the Mac OS X and Linux categories. Android is based off of the Linux kernal, and iOS is basically a mobile version of OS X. That'll also hopefully alleviate a lot of the arguments over mobile preferences.

#48 Xyrfo

Xyrfo

WinMatrixian

• 160 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Edited by Xyrfo, 10 May 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#49 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Never Gonna Give You Up? So your saying the LM is a rickroll?
And that is a monster of a website...
and what's with this?

Worth it. Bye bye Winmatrix. Still love you Jatin.

You leaving us Xyrfo?

#50 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

• 370 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

You know, comrades, I just remembered infamous singer Rick Astley.
Oh, wait...

#51 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Unlike any of the other thousands of Linux sites I think this is going to success. Probably even better than Winmactrix.[/color][/size]

WinMactrix? :D

#52 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Oh, wait...

Comrades? you russian?

#53 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Oh, wait...

Comrades? you russian?

WinMatrix went communist didn't you get the memo?

#54 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

Oh, wait...

Comrades? you russian?

WinMatrix went communist didn't you get the memo?

Da! .. Errr.. I mean, no! *Drinks Vodka*

#55 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:15 AM

Ain't nothing wrong with Russians.
Posted Image

#56 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

• 370 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:49 AM

I'm russian, if you didn't noticed yet. And I'd really like to live in Soviet Union government.

#57 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

I'm russian, if you didn't noticed yet. And I'd really like to live in Soviet Union government.

The girl I'm talking to now is Russian. She's in my country studying Neuroscience at one of the best colleges in my state.

#58 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

• 370 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

Oh... Then say "Preevet" to her from me.

#59 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

Ain't nothing wrong with Russians.
Posted Image

ye ye.. dont tempt me.  :devil:

#60 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

ok enough with the russians, back to LinMatrix?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!