Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

LinMatrix?..

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

i think that we should look for a new logo type, something to seperate WM from LM.

That's what I was thinking to. Graphic Designers show us what you got! I already started developing a homepage for the site different from WinMatrix. I will post a link later and the community can decide on it and make whatever changes or go with something else if they want. I'm ready to get LinMatrix off the ground.

Edited by yanike, 24 October 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#22 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

i think that we should look for a new logo type, something to seperate WM from LM.

That's what I was thinking to. Graphic Designers show us what you got! I already started developing a homepage for the site different from WinMatrix. I will post a link later and the community can decide on it and make whatever changes or go with something else if they want. I'm ready to get LinMatrix off the ground.

I think that Jatin is taking care of the news/home page, but that doesnt mean that you cant design something end make a suggestion of it.
I suggested to Jatin that since that Mac IS a certified Unix, that we add in Mac to the LM forum, let it have it's own section. I mean, not only does it have a terminal, it also has it's own form of X11.

I think that if he does do a Mac section, that you should be a Mod for that section Yanike.

#23 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

I think that Jatin is taking care of the news/home page, but that doesnt mean that you cant design something end make a suggestion of it.
I suggested to Jatin that since that Mac IS a certified Unix, that we add in Mac to the LM forum, let it have it's own section. I mean, not only does it have a terminal, it also has it's own form of X11.

I think that if he does do a Mac section, that you should be a Mod for that section Yanike.

Well, I want to be a Mod of the Linux section as well. I can handle both respectfully.
Plus, I know a lot about both of them. I also have a lot of ideas that can benefit the journalist and more.

Here's a link to the brainstorm concept of the Homepage I was thinking of:
http://www.yeoworks.cz.cc/linmatrix
Posted Image

You can go to the link and mess with the menus and stuff. It's just a concept model. I don't draw anything out on paper much. I'd rather create parts to describe what I mean.

Edited by yanike, 24 October 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#24 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

I would gladly be a mod of the Mac section, if needed. I don't know nearly as much about Linux as I do Mac OS X, so I'd love to help out with that section.
Plus, adding a Mac section would keep a lot more of the current Apple arguments off of Winmatrix.

#25 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

Well, I want to be a Mod of the Linux section as well. I can handle both respectfully.
Plus, I know a lot about both of them. I also have a lot of ideas that can benefit the journalist and more.

Here's a link to the brainstorm concept of the Homepage I was thinking of:
http://www.yeoworks.cz.cc/linmatrix
Posted Image

You can go to the link and mess with the menus and stuff. It's just a concept model. I don't draw anything out on paper much. I'd rather create parts to describe what I mean.

It's a nice layout just a tad boring looking though.

#26 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

It's a nice layout just a tad boring looking though.

It's just a plain interactive blueprint concept. Pretty much the structure without anything on it.

Edited by yanike, 24 October 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#27 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

i like the layout Yanike, but i think that it needs a bit more of a Tango type look and feel to it. Although, if we have the Tango look to it (as how Jatin suggested) it may look out of place for the Mac section, if there is a Mac section... Quite the quarry, wouldnt you say?

#28 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

As far as Art (icons/pngs) go, Faenza is the current "hot" artstyle. It sort of looks like Humanity meets an iPad.
Posted Image

Mabey we can use these for the forum's art style?
http://gnome-look.or...?content=128143 << Faenza Gnome icons package, ver 0.7.

#29 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Interesting project. I love the Gnome look btw.

#30 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

i like the layout Yanike, but i think that it needs a bit more of a Tango type look and feel to it. Although, if we have the Tango look to it (as how Jatin suggested) it may look out of place for the Mac section, if there is a Mac section... Quite the quarry, wouldnt you say?

Well, I can supply the layout, but the look will come once we have the logo. I'm sure the graphic designers here can create an awesome theme for it and logo. It's just a start. I'm sure we will have something great soon.

#31 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

As far as Art (icons/pngs) go, Faenza is the current "hot" artstyle. It sort of looks like Humanity meets an iPad.
Posted Image

Mabey we can use these for the forum's art style?
http://gnome-look.or...?content=128143 << Faenza Gnome icons package, ver 0.7.

Definitely needs to be the art work!!!! It will satisfy all members. Lol! After a while we could get a community big enough to support an distribution project. Taking the look and making it into the OS. The community can break up and build certain parts of the OS and we will have a ball rolling.

#32 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

Launchpad PPA
Faenza icon theme is available to install for Ubuntu users via a PPA repository. Open a terminal and run :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install faenza-icon-theme

#33 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

Definitely needs to be the art work!!!! It will satisfy all members. Lol! After a while we could get a community big enough to support an distribution project. Taking the look and making it into the OS. The community can break up and build certain parts of the OS and we will have a ball rolling.

I agree. It is probaly the perfect combo of Linux meets Mac. At Gnome-look.org you will find some additions that people have made, such as instead of the manilla colored folders, you have mac-blue colored folders.
Re-colored Mac blue faenza folders...
Posted Image
http://gnome-look.or...?content=133876

Anyway, Yes, Faenza should be the default graphical art style for LM i think.

#34 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

• 370 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Created new logo for LinMatrix from scratch.

Attached Files

#35 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

looks nice. good job!

#36 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

did you use the new Ubuntu font for the text, just wondering...

#37 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

• 370 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, I used it.

#38 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

I can handle the actual coding pretty well. :)

Right now, I'm skinning a cms called "CustomCMS" (never buy it ever! It's buggy) for www.pakgamers.com (they have a forum but this cms is going to be the front-end soon).

So I have experience in php, html, javascript, css and juuuuuuuuuust a little bit in MySQL.

#39 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Here's the logo I've been working on. I haven't done the colors yet, but the design is complete.

Posted Image

I wanted to do something different from WinMatrix, since Linux is different I think the logo should be too. This way members can tell the difference between WinMatrix and LinMatrix. LinMatrix should be it's own site in itself. I have some bad ass designs coming ;)

LinMatrix (My Blueprint Concept Site) updated: This is Firefox on Ubuntu 10.10 btw ;)
Posted Image

I can help out with HTML, PHP, JAVA, CSS and MySQL as well.

Edited by yanike, 26 October 2010 - 11:55 PM.

#40 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

I can handle the actual coding pretty well. :)
So I have experience in php, html, javascript, css and juuuuuuuuuust a little bit in MySQL.

i wish i had coding knowledge of those ... i can barely do html. I did, however, write from vb6 a ADO (pre-SQL) database editor and manager. I think that it can also do SQL with a bit of tweaking. I would help out more, but I am not that great at graphics. I can do enough to get by, using the Gimp. Photoshop is a whole different story though.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!