Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

CustoPack Tools : Customize Windows 7 (and more)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 dlb

dlb

CrystalXP.net - CustoPack.com

• 98 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

POPULAR

Hi all :) !

I haven’t posted a message to WinMatrix for a long time but I have always followed its activity as a « guest » :lol: .
I create this topic in order to show you my latest free software : CustoPack Tools.

You know that it isn't easy to customize Windows. And Windows 7 doesn’t make life easier for ourselves because it’s really difficult to install a visual style. That’s why Vermi (from CrystalXP.net) and me had an idea to launch «the CustoPack Tools » project :P .

What is CustoPack Tools?

CustoPack Tools is a free software (compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7) that allows you to install and create packs containing elements (such as visual styles, backgrounds, icons and even dll !) to easily customize Windows appearance :yes: .

Posted Image
Posted Image

The software splits into 3 parts:

Choose a CustoPack : designed for general public, this part allows you to install a CustoPack (among those you have downloaded and installed) in order to customize the appearance of your Windows.
Create a CustoPack : designed for a public more informed, this part allows you to create your own CustoPack with elements which you made or selected. For more information, you can visit our « Creators Room ».
Settings and configuration : this part (which will be completed soon with more options) allows you to set CustoPack Tools options and to configure some system options.

Demo of the CustoPack installation with CustoPack Tools :

Download and website :

More information on CrystalXP news or on CustoPack.com FAQ.

Download @ CustoPack.com
Download @ DeviantArt
Facebook page

I hope you will like this software and you will be many to create and share CustoPacks :D !
Enjoy !

#2 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

Welcome back dlb. CustoPack is really an amazing idea. I've already used your Bricopacks, back in those XP days, looking forward to see some nice CustoPacks from the community now. :D

#3 hamed danger

hamed danger

www.skinpacks.com

• 438 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

u know ?! no u dont know! i say is the best of transform program realy realy realy goooood work dlb tnx to u very lot!

#4 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 798 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

Works great thanks - selected Shine 2.0 :D

#5 netbox

netbox

Customizer

• 379 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

my XP SP3 messed up with this custoFack,
all are updated from windows update, after i installed this it ask me to restart to complete install, then it wont restart, it just hangs in there,
i am forced to restart, now when i booted up, error popups in logging-in windows "RCINT failure: String Table ID not found "46 at line 236"
tried system restore it wont restore, WTF, it took me 5 hours just to fix this unstable customization pack...
what seems to be the problem?
I didnt have any problem in my PC for the past 5months not until this CUSTOFack :devil:

Edited by netbox, 21 October 2010 - 04:10 PM.

#6 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,937 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

Looks good. I'll definitely give it a try. :D

#7 dlb

dlb

CrystalXP.net - CustoPack.com

• 98 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

all are updated from windows update, after i installed this it ask me to restart to complete install, then it wont restart, it just hangs in there,
i am forced to restart, now when i booted up, error popups in logging-in windows "RCINT failure: String Table ID not found "46 at line 236"
tried system restore it wont restore, WTF, it took me 5 hours just to fix this unstable customization pack...
I didnt have any problem in my PC for the past 5months not until this CUSTOFack :devil:

Hi,

First I am sincerely sorry about the problem you have encountered :huh: .
We’ve made a period of beta tests (with more than 150 beta testers through the world) and we have never encountered this type of bug :yes: .

After some searchs, this bug is related to the logonui.exe file. Apparently, this bug sometimes also occurs with Stardock « LogonStudio » software. We are trying to understand why this happens :blink: .
For information it is possible to by-pass logonui.exe with several CTRL+ALT+DEL. So you can have a new Windows access and you can uninstall the pack. I will add it in the FAQ if somebody else was unfortunately encountered this problem ;) .

What is the language of your Windows ?
Did you still have the logonuicpt.exe file exe (C:\WINDOWS\system32) generated by CustoPack Tools in order to analyse it ?

Thank you for your help in advance (Y) .

#8 netbox

netbox

Customizer

• 379 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

First I am sincerely sorry about the problem you have encountered :huh: .
We've made a period of beta tests (with more than 150 beta testers through the world) and we have never encountered this type of bug :yes: .

After some searchs, this bug is related to the logonui.exe file. Apparently, this bug sometimes also occurs with Stardock « LogonStudio » software. We are trying to understand why this happens :blink: .
For information it is possible to by-pass logonui.exe with several CTRL+ALT+DEL. So you can have a new Windows access and you can uninstall the pack. I will add it in the FAQ if somebody else was unfortunately encountered this problem ;) .

What is the language of your Windows ?
Did you still have the logonuicpt.exe file exe (C:\WINDOWS\system32) generated by CustoPack Tools in order to analyse it ?

Thank you for your help in advance (Y) .

Yes that logonuicpt.exe appears in my task manager when my pc hangs trying to restart it,
Im using xp sp3 english version, i dont have the logonuicpt.exe in my system anymore, i removed it already when my system have a problem
yeah i can still use my system but the error bugging me when windows trying to login..
Maybe i'll try to install this in the next releases or maybe not :D
anyways, im always open to try something new and new cool things even if its risky
im going to give a try tomorow with logon customization disabled, maybe it will work.
i'll post feedbacks here, asap!
sorry my english is bad :D

#9 ayoshi

ayoshi

Active WinMatrixian

• 722 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

Thanks dlb, I'm downloading it now and give it a try. :rolleyes:

#10 Ambushed.

Ambushed.

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Thank you for this awesome software. Keep it coming!

#11 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

Awesome! A candidat for my next Vienna release, with installer! Thanks alot for this great piece of software!

#12 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,059 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

Very useful for the Windows 7 customization community! :D

#13 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,779 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Waiting for some cool theme packs to be released. :D

#14 Guest_162_*

Guest_162_*

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

Ok, so it's like Windows .themepack file but with the visual style and icons too. :D

#15 Peet

Peet

New WinMatrixian

• 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

thank you! lovin the iMod Inspirat pack.

#16 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,789 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

The iMod Inspirat CustoPack is good. Looking forward to see more.

#17 N4zroth

N4zroth

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:43 AM

Hi,
when I use the software and choose a custom theme, after a reboot, my Windows 7 tells me it may actually not be genuine (it is, got it through my university), this also happens when I use custom DLLs and exchange them myself. When I undo the changes, everything is back to normal. Why does that happen and what can I do about it?
Thanks.

#18 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,937 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

Wow, this is serious! May be MS has updated some system files in the regular updates which CustoPack modifies.

#19 Som

Som

Som

• 448 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

really cool program, thanks :-)

#20 Guest_Play_*

Guest_Play_*

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

There is only one Windows 7 theme. :(

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!