• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 crevlthe

crevlthe

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

would love to try out this app, but unfortunately it seems the download link isn't working for me :S

could you upload it to somewhere else?

#22 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

would love to try out this app, but unfortunately it seems the download link isn't working for me :S

could you upload it to somewhere else?

truth. could you re-upload?

#23 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

I had added four new working mirrors :) .. thanks for informing me about dead links

#24 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

thanks soooo much! i love this!

#25 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:01 AM

thanks soooo much! i love this!

:)

#26 Guest_ZiNE_*

Guest_ZiNE_*

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

Anyways the application is having problem on my resolution 1680 x 1050. The back and forward button interlaps with the side bar and well the login button is also hidden by the side bar.

#27 Guest_Kokelo_*

Guest_Kokelo_*

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

Thanks...very well the program, my english is not very well, i am chilean, I speak spanish, but congratulations!!....gracias amigos, es software es muy bueno, la mejor musica para nuestros oidos....byeeeee....from Chile

#28 silverkeys

silverkeys

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

Great job. I too cannot get it to maximize on screen properly no matter the resolution. See attached.

Attached Files

#29 iNitrox

iNitrox

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

No offense, but i am usin' a way better project from this site Grooveshark Portable 2.0
This version offers a Spotify like system tray icon -featuring play, next, previous, stop and refresh controls-. Moreover, it REALLY gets rid of all side ads, not only covers them.

Here is an image from the developer website
Posted Image

Unfortunatelly, seems that it's not possible connect winamp or wmp to your grooveshark playlist in order to sync the lyrics using minilyrics. This is how i landed here, but even google doen't know evething :rolleyes:

Btw, Kokelo, which translator did you use? :woot: Greetings from Mx.

#30 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

So, let me get this right.

you made a new project in .net.
dropped in the webbrowser control, and set it's start up position, and width and height size.
added in resizing instructions.
set in Form_Load
webbrowser1.navigate "http://grooveshark.com" (or whatever the URL is)

dude, you made what is the simplest app out there, it is a single purpose webbrowser. why dont you try parsing the web app and removing the ads from your UI?
i mean, good job, yes, and kudos to you, but all it is is a dedicated browser.

#31 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:26 AM

here is a modified version of RUY's GrooveShark applet. I hid the ads.
Posted Image
Probally not as polished as Ruy's, but i gave to him my source code files, hopefully he will make good use of them.
from dA

This is a simple dedicated front end browser for GrooveShark. You can pin it to your taskbar if you want to, i have it set up so that you dont see the ads.
requires .net 3.5, Windows 7 should have this already, Vista may need to download the files from Microsoft's website.
Maximizing required the app to refresh, so it will have to re-load the GrooveShark player. Dragging for resizing wont cause a reload.

Download: Here.

#32 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,633 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

(Y)

#33 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

dropped in the webbrowser control, and set it's start up position, and width and height size.
set in Form_Load

dude, you made what is the simplest app out there, it is a single purpose webbrowser. why dont you try parsing the web app and removing the ads from your UI?

what you said is right...but I made this app as a dedicated browser so that I can use grooveshark as dedicated app (so called) so that I don't have to switch between the tabs in order to play pause or next the song... I made this for personal use but decided to share it with you guys ... and I a not a good programer I am noob in programing ... what I can do best is graphics designing :)

Edited by RUY, 27 October 2010 - 03:39 PM.

#34 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

set in Form_Load

what you said is right...but I made this app as a dedicated browser so that I can use grooveshark as dedicated app (so called) so that I don't have to switch between the tabs in order to play pause or next the song... I made this for personal use but decided to share it with you guys ... and I a not a good programer I am noob in programing ... what I can do best is graphics designing :)

I didnt mean for it to seem as if i was calling you a noob, sorry if it was implied. Keep on programming, it takes time to get good (years, even...), just like how it took time for you to be good at graphic arts. Just keep on going.

#35 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Thanks all you guys for liking this...and those who are having some problems I wanna say sorry to you guys that I can't fix these problems because I discontinued its development...there are many reasons for discontinuation ... I don't have time...and my monitor supports the most highest resolution of 1280x768 which is low as compared to new ones so I cannot test this software on higher resolution than this...hope you guys understand me...I may come up with new version but I don't promise...

#36 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

set in Form_Load

I didnt mean for it to seem as if i was calling you a noob, sorry if it was implied. Keep on programming, it takes time to get good (years, even...), just like how it took time for you to be good at graphic arts. Just keep on going.

no way man I understand what you said I never thaught that you are calling me a noob ...I just wanna tell the community that I am a noob programer so don't expect much from me lol....and 'Villain'no hard feelings :)

#37 Guest_Garrett_*

Guest_Garrett_*

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

Just downloaded it. Works Awesome!! Thanks a lot.

#38 Guest_Amihan_*

Guest_Amihan_*

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

It works well! I love it. Thank you. :D

#39 xwin

xwin

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

Awesome !!!

Coudl you add a feature to show what you are listening on MSN ? I found this: http://www.vbdotnetf....html#post75547

perhaps it helps

#40 Guest_Gabriel Espinoza_*

Guest_Gabriel Espinoza_*

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hello!

I am very interested in your job. But the principal feature I need is to support Global HotKeys. Is there a way to make your program support it?

Thanks.

GE

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!