• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

Posted Image

Edited by RUY, 22 August 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#2 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

Hmm, nice idea for a topic! And if i may, i would like to make a request right now!

=> I'm currently working on the Vienna 6 experience, and i'm working on some logos, but it can't make anything decent. I hope anyone of you guys has an idea for a logo that is easily recognisable. If you want more info, pm me. :) Vienna Experience Home

#3 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

Hmm, nice idea for a topic! And if i may, i would like to make a request right now!

=> I'm currently working on the Vienna 6 experience, and i'm working on some logos, but it can't make anything decent. I hope anyone of you guys has an idea for a logo that is easily recognisable. If you want more info, pm me. :) Vienna Experience Home

thanks for liking my idea. Can you tell more about what kind of logo you want and should it contain image or only text or text and image both, and logo is related to what (Vienna 6 Experience) ?

#4 DANIZX9

DANIZX9

It's irreversible

• 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image

#5 Mayankoo

Mayankoo

Mayank Agarwal

• 177 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

A Marvellous Idea As People Like Me Who Don't Know Designing Can Get A Lot Of Help That To Free Of Cost.

:) :D

#6 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

thanks for liking my idea. Can you tell more about what kind of logo you want and should it contain image or only text or text and image both, and logo is related to what (Vienna 6 Experience) ?

The logo should be recognisable, and must be good-looking even when it's smaller. The pack relies heavy on how it looks, so I would attract more potential users with a logo. The logo itself has to be built around the "Vienna" text, with it's font. I prefer a text-only logo. Vienna 6 experience is a "transformation pack", which was originally a XP pack (2006-2009), but is now a Windows 7 based one.

@DANIZX9 : Not bad, but it's better that you use the official fonts in it. These are "REZLAND" for the "Vienna" text, and "Myriad Pro" for "experience" and "6"

#7 GentlemanGezzy

GentlemanGezzy

WinMatrixian

• 80 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

Sweet.
I don't mind making cursors for other people. The benefit of both the people and designer. Posted Image

#8 DANIZX9

DANIZX9

It's irreversible

• 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:29 AM

The logo should be recognisable, and must be good-looking even when it's smaller. The pack relies heavy on how it looks, so I would attract more potential users with a logo. The logo itself has to be built around the "Vienna" text, with it's font. I prefer a text-only logo. Vienna 6 experience is a "transformation pack", which was originally a XP pack (2006-2009), but is now a Windows 7 based one.

@DANIZX9 : Not bad, but it's better that you use the official fonts in it. These are "REZLAND" for the "Vienna" text, and "Myriad Pro" for "experience" and "6"

Here's 3 using those fonts.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by DANIZX9, 24 August 2010 - 09:40 AM.

#9 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:17 AM

@DANIZX9,
Awesome! I like your style :)

Edited by yanike, 24 August 2010 - 06:18 AM.

#10 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

Here's 3 using those fonts.
Posted ImagePosted Image

gr8 designing

#11 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

Here is my try...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I replaced Vienna "i" with "6", which is the number version.

If anyone think that he can improve it he can :)

Edited by RUY, 24 August 2010 - 10:07 AM.

#12 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

I thought replacing letters with words make you look like a broken leetspeaker. No offenses ruy...

For a right logo to stand out you need a shape for it, as words easily distort on the person's brain. An irregular shaped logo would stick to their minds, and it would be noticeable even if it's as small as 48X48. So I think the first try would work with some modifications.

#13 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

I thought replacing letters with words make you look like a broken leetspeaker. No offenses ruy...

For a right logo to stand out you need a shape for it, as words easily distort on the person's brain. An irregular shaped logo would stick to their minds, and it would be noticeable even if it's as small as 48X48. So I think the first try would work with some modifications.

Yes you're right. I saw some nice designs, but not really a one that stands out from the rest. But you're doing a great job guys. :)

#14 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

@Appli

I'm going to take a shot at a logo for you, I'm basing it off of the banner from you'r site. If you have a higher resolution version of the banner it would help me. Right now I used a screenshot tool for the banner because I couldn't find a link to the element on the source for the homepage.

EDIT:

This is what I have so far, not too good but I tried to keep you'r style best I could for yah :D
I dont know how to smooth out the plants any better other then a high resolution image. If anyone can make that look sharper be my guest :)

Attached Files

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 24 August 2010 - 10:50 PM.

#15 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

@Appli

I'm going to take a shot at a logo for you, I'm basing it off of the banner from you'r site. If you have a higher resolution version of the banner it would help me. Right now I used a screenshot tool for the banner because I couldn't find a link to the element on the source for the homepage.

EDIT:

This is what I have so far, not too good but I tried to keep you'r style best I could for yah :D
I dont know how to smooth out the plants any better other then a high resolution image. If anyone can make that look sharper be my guest :)

The plants are from a PS brush set I found somewhere. I can't seem to find them now. :(

I could easily recreate the banner with a higher res, but i'll need to find my plants. :)

#16 ShadowCoder

ShadowCoder

xIntegrated Technologies

• 315 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

POPULAR

I'm thinking that this topic may work better as a full section for the forum instead of a single topic. It is a great Idea though.

#17 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

The plants are from a PS brush set I found somewhere. I can't seem to find them now. :(

I could easily recreate the banner with a higher res, but i'll need to find my plants. :)

I also have a copy of hte PSD without hte plants, and you can easily see the 6 and Vienna until it's really really small. I'll give you that if you want aswell

+1 Shadowcoder

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 25 August 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#18 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

I'm thinking that this topic may work better as a full section for the forum instead of a single topic. It is a great Idea though.

Yup I agree with you, atleast admin should pin this thread.

Here is another try

Posted Image

Edited by RUY, 26 August 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#19 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

Yup I agree with you, atleast admin should pin this thread.

Here is another try

Posted Image

Hmm, i kinda like the "window". :)
Could you share the .psd then?

#20 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:41 AM

Its good that you liked this logo :yes: here is the psd file

http://www.mediafire...96br2dgy283m39y

Edited by RUY, 27 August 2010 - 08:42 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!