Theme Testers Needed!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

@Nick Karstedt - Yeah, I tried to rename it but Cloud just didn't want to change the name for that :(

No, it isn't a theme I have released on DA. The biggest reason for the test is to see a response in the no address bar.

There is a lot of people wanting to test this :) I am trying to decide if I pick all of you or some lol (more than likely all of you)

So if one opens a folder, how do they go up a folder without the address bar?

You have the favorite bar or whatever people call it on the left side of every window and that can tell you where you are. I use the skin as default and I hardly have to use it. Just like in Snow Leopard you don't have an address bar.
That where the idea came to me and it makes things look cleaner and GLASSY!

And then Reason I don't want to release it on DA is tons of people download it and just say how terrible it is and never give things to fix or why it was terrible for them. And I really despise when people do that!

#22 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Well, I wasn't going to do it like this AT ALL!
But here is the Theme, lets keep to this thread for bugs and suggestions.

Please give the theme a fair opportunity.

#23 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

First off, wow - this theme is so clean and you even have a different start buttons for the small taskbar - and I love the colours - not too bright so it won't hurt your eyes

First thing is, the no address bar is kinda big for me personally - maybe in the final version, you can have an address bar and no address bar version. I understand that it makes it look clean which is important to many people (including myself), but usability is always the #1 priority to me and others as well.

Second thing is I'm not a huge fan of the Safari like back/forward buttons in explorer. It doesn't really fit in. Even when I saw the previews, I noticed that the back/forward buttons don't really fit in. To fix it, I was thinking something a bit more thinner (in the vertical direction), so it would match the thin style of the min/max buttons.

This last thing is so small, I don't even know if it's considered a bug. Basically, after you press refresh, you can see a white outline around the blue part (because the blue part is curved, so the white part was there to match the background). I'm not sure if you can do this, but instead of making it white, make it transparent. I don't even know if this is possible, but it should be an easy fix to just make that part transparent.

Posted Image

Ok the hover over looks so cool - but when the window is selected, I think the semi-transparent blue part is kinda distracting - maybe if you do something less distracting like this

Posted Image

Like I'm not really sure what, but as long it's not as distracting.

Edited by hab, 19 August 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#24 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

Wow you have some Great words of wisdom man!

I agree with everything you pointed out and will try to fix it as soon as possible.
I even love your idea on the taskbar thumbnails. I will definitely try to do something just like you showed.

#25 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

On the topic if back/forward buttons, the one from your alpha isn't bad

EDIT

Also, I think it was Cyntar7's old X2 Crystal theme or something that reminded me of these:

Posted Image

I actually don't have the theme anymore :(, but I remember it had a matching part in the start menu with the shutdown and arrow part (The back and arrow buttons matched this part of the start menu). I can't find it because cynar7's deviantart account is closed down.

So basically, I came up with this (below) based on that concept - I think it looks a bit more clean - sorry for all these random ideas I have

Posted Image

This last thing is taking it a bit far, and if you don't like it, please don't do it, but how would it look on the unhovered state if you also did this with the min/max buttons?

Posted Image

Edited by hab, 20 August 2010 - 12:06 AM.

#26 mogimus

mogimus

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

Using win7x86 pro here,
breadcrumbs in windows explorer are missing

#27 bhast2

bhast2

Hi I'm Win8

• 633 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:04 AM

EDIT

Also, I think it was Cyntar7's old X2 Crystal theme or something that reminded me of these:

Posted Image

I actually don't have the theme anymore :(, but I remember it had a matching part in the start menu with the shutdown and arrow part (The back and arrow buttons matched this part of the start menu). I can't find it because cynar7's deviantart account is closed down.

So basically, I came up with this (below) based on that concept - I think it looks a bit more clean - sorry for all these random ideas I have

Posted Image

This last thing is taking it a bit far, and if you don't like it, please don't do it, but how would it look on the unhovered state if you also did this with the min/max buttons?

Posted Image

isn't Cyntar7 and iJesse the same person lol (i could be wrong)

#28 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:21 AM

^Yepp^ :)

#29 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

EDIT

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay man, thanks for your wonderful ideas, I love brainstormers! Yeah I'll mess with those ideas and see how they look.

Edited by iJesse, 20 August 2010 - 05:23 AM.

#30 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

Well if you didn't get it and you where wanting to test it I'm sorry, I just took it off the web.

#31 bhast2

bhast2

Hi I'm Win8

• 633 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

Well if you didn't get it and you where wanting to test it I'm sorry, I just took it off the web.

I got it and I am testing it but what happen?? Why take it off the web??

#32 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:52 AM

I lost interest in this theme because of the arrogance of the author. Next time don't act like you are a large software company, just release the damn thing, there are far worst themes, so the critics can't be all that bad. As for the theme itself I can't really say anything because it's impossible to test it via screenshot.

#33 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:25 AM

Cause I didn't want it for a release I wanted it for testing purpose only.

#34 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

I lost interest in this theme because of the arrogance of the author. Next time don't act like you are a large software company, just release the damn thing, there are far worst themes, so the critics can't be all that bad. As for the theme itself I can't really say anything because it's impossible to test it via screenshot.

The Theme isn't made you you, sorry bro.

Edited by iJesse, 21 August 2010 - 04:28 AM.

#35 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:45 AM

Why would I think it's made for me? I'm just saying that it's ridiculous and that this reminds me of a similar story of somebody who has a perfect Longhorn replica theme for Vista, but released only screenshots, soon everybody started to question did the theme even exist? So whatever you do, keep it real. The screenshot looks nice, no doubt, but without the actual theme it means nothing.

#36 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

Well, the theme was out for everyone that got to this thread in time. I wanted a small group of people testing it and when I got on and saw close to 200 downloaded it. It ruined the whole point of it.

#37 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:14 AM

Basically, iJesse wants to release a complete, non buggy theme, and doesn't want to release like 20 updates after the inital release. At least he let us download the 'beta' which is very polished, and I couldn't find any bugs so far.

#38 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

link not working

#39 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• 262 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

About the buggy thing .... I love the theme and I haven't encountered any bugs yet. For me it's stable like a release candidate.

#40 bhast2

bhast2

Hi I'm Win8

• 633 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Cause I didn't want it for a release I wanted it for testing purpose only.

Ah I understand why you disabled the download link

First off Like the other person said
This needs a different back/foward button
Need Two different version one with/without the address bar as some people truly rely on this.

I like it without the addy bar it is a very clean look and flows all together very nicely

Maybe change your progress bar to go along with the colors of the VS as the green kinda stands out

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!