windows 7 piracy

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 bdfunda

bdfunda

MacDos

• 134 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:19 AM

A workaround designed to bypass the activation process of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) has already been released in the wild, and is available for download from various sources of illegal content, including warez websites and torrent trackers. Dubbed the Windows 7 Loader, the activation crack is updated constantly, especially as Microsoft is also constantly tackling workarounds that illegally activate the latest iteration of the Windows client.

What is interesting is that the authors of Windows 7 Loader are indicating that the crack will also work with Windows 7 SP1. Microsoft only recently released the first public Beta development milestone of Service Pack 1, and the upgrade is also designed to render useless an impressive number of cracks, among other things.

According to the software giant, Windows 7 SP1 contains the Windows Activation Technologies for Windows 7 (KB 971033), an anti-crack update released by Microsoft earlier this year. At the time of the initial release, the Redmond company revealed that the Windows Activation Technologies update was designed to kill no less than 70 illegal activation exploits for the RTM Build 7600 of the operating system. It appears that Windows 7 Loader is one exploit that the Windows Activation Technologies cracks killer is not capable of, well, killing.

Of course, Windows 7 SP1 is only due in the first half of next year, most probable in the first quarter of 2011. By that time, Microsoft can update its cracks killer in order to tackle all Windows 7 activation workarounds, including those designed for the first Windows 7 upgrade.

The authors of the Windows 7 Loader underline that the crack is especially designed to render WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) useless. The workaround is set up to inject a SLIC (Software Licensing Description Table) into the Windows 7 system ahead of the Windows boot process, managing to bypass the activation process and pass the OS off as genuine.

Follow him on Twitter

#2 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:54 AM

AFAIK, BIOS Slic loaders have always been undetected. The only problem is that you can't dual-boot illegitimate OS's.

#3 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

AFAIK, BIOS Slic loaders have always been undetected. The only problem is that you can't dual-boot illegitimate OS's.

Why can't you dual-boot illegitimate OS's after using the BIOS Slic loaders?

#4 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

Why do people bother with this when they can just go to Services and disable Software Protection and Windows Update and they will never be detected. Enable them only to install a Service Pack or something else that is actually "important"

#5 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

^ really, is it that easy? :lol:

#6 Kalphite

Kalphite

ycsoft®

• 184 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

you can dual boot, you just need to run it again after detection and reconfigure the bootloader to show the both options for loading the OSes.

Edited by Kalphite, 01 August 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#7 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

Try it.

#8 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

I have genuine Windows 7 Home Premium but I'll try it on my second PC just to see how fail Microsoft's WGA is. :D

#9 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

Why do people bother with this when they can just go to Services and disable Software Protection and Windows Update and they will never be detected. Enable them only to install a Service Pack or something else that is actually "important"

But Windows Update contains security fixes, which is kinda important. The best way would be to just not install the update that cracks down on the fake Windows 7 (if u don't have a legit copy)

#10 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:13 AM

I have a legit copy. But the trick works. Really.

#11 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:51 AM

Windows activation cracks have always been un-detectable by MS since Windows XP WPAKill crack

Its old news - updates still work and validation for downloads work - MS WGA = fail big time forever

#12 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:24 AM

you can dual boot, you just need to run it again after detection and reconfigure the bootloader to show the both options for loading the OSes.

What I meant to say is, you CAN dual boot. But one will always be inactivated.

#13 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

Why is it every time a new crack is released (literally days/hours after the actual update) you guys seemed surprised?

It's never going to stop.

#14 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

@pie, it's a slow news day, so they post items like this. Some one will always find a work around for software security.

#15 'Fatih Aytekin

'Fatih Aytekin

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

nasıL indiricez bunu

#16 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

nasıL indiricez bunu

jedi govna

#17 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

nope, it really isn't.

#18 Zeblade

Zeblade

New WinMatrixian

• 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

What I meant to say is, you CAN dual boot. But one will always be inactivated.

This is not true.. I test alot and have one activated with SP1..and 2 others (none sp1) (one being 2008) with crack. The 1st time reboot the cracked one said not activated.. redid it and that was it. Duel boot all the time.. never had touch them since. I LOVE the cracks.. changing sound drivers to have to CALL pfft changing HARDWARE I understand but software and up to 5 times in one month.. sorry way to many times doing this.. I went to crack. So I did the sp1 no cracks and going to see how long it takes lol. I dont hand out, give away.. nothing.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, piracy