Photo
- - - - -

iPhone 4 - out of the frying pan into the fire!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Vaer0

Vaer0

-\//\\=/8O -

• 464 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

Confirmed!

#22 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

@Yanike

In the first video the lady (with man hands xD) didn't make contact with the gap in the phone. She made contact above it. These could have also easily been faked by displaying a screen shot of the home screen prior to the video. They do not change screens to prove this like they do in the consumer reports video.
People would obviously want to do this for attention.

I have trouble with touch devices all the time, so I guess I'm not really conductive, touch pads on laptops are often intermittent for me. I have personally tried the death grip when the issue first came around and COULD NOT reproduce the problem. However, because the problem is so widespread I do believe it is real, even if it's on the software level, the fact that Apple had blamed the consumer makes this whole thing ridiculous.

#23 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

@Yanike

These could have also easily been faked by displaying a screen shot of the home screen prior to the video. They do not change screens to prove this like they do in the consumer reports video.

Come on man! Watch the 3rd video again. You can see it's no fake. It's like you can post proof and still people won't even believe it, because they have the unbelievable doubt and want something to fail.

Here's some another ones for you:

Not everyone is having this issue. Not saying it doesn't exist, but some aren't having the issue.

Now, if for some reason you happen to own one of those buggy devices or use a superman death grip, here's some fixes:

Edited by yanike, 13 July 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#24 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

• 4,090 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

@Yanike

These could have also easily been faked by displaying a screen shot of the home screen prior to the video. They do not change screens to prove this like they do in the consumer reports video.

Come on man! Watch the 3rd video again. You can see it's no fake. It's like you can post proof and still people won't even believe it, because they have the unbelievable doubt and want something to fail.

Lol, that one seems reputable but theres one thing different still... it's charging :P
Whether it's comfirmed a manufacturing defect my opinion will remain the same for the iPhone 4:

-I LOVE the screen, I cant see any pixels no matter how close I get to the screen,
-I hate iOS it's so dumbed down compared to Android
-I it's old tech in a new phone
-I couldn't get the antennae to fail in my personal attempts.

#25 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

Yanike for every lucky user that doesn't have the problem there is many that do. You can't just shove your fingers in your ears and go lalalalalalalala.

You sure as hell can't tell your customers that they are holding the phone wrong or push them towards your $30 bumpers that you just conveniently started selling with the iPhone 4.

#26 Nick Karstedt

Nick Karstedt

WinMatrixian

• 123 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

but will be looking to get the Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint as my long time mobile device when it comes out.

Good call.

#27 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:41 AM

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for something.

An Apple evangelist, also known as Mac(intosh) evangelist, Mac advocate or Apple fanboy is a promoter of the Apple Macintosh platform.
Source

Just my two cents.

Seriously my comment on the iPhone 4, its over rated. I admit its a good piece of technology but there is still something missing in it.

#28 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hmm, wonder why all of those videos have the iphone with a case on it HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

#29 Nick Karstedt

Nick Karstedt

WinMatrixian

• 123 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

I read somewhere that the issue is with the natural oils in your hands and that it wasn't picked up because clean testing environments.

#30 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

• 4,090 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

I read somewhere that the issue is with the natural oils in your hands and that it wasn't picked up because clean testing environments.

That could ecplain why I cant, I have dry hands :/

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!