Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

How Good is the Intel HD Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_shocking fish1998_*

Guest_shocking fish1998_*

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

So I'm buying a laptop this summer and I've been looking around. I found this one laptop that's right for me, but the one thing that's concerning me is the Intel HD Graphics. I know in the past, Intel had garbage graphic card. But I want to know if it's right for me.

I'm not a gamer or anything, but sometimes I'll play some light games (Counter Strike and maybe TF2 in the future). I may do some very little photoshop, but other than that, I don't really care. I read that it can do HD videos (720p), but I want your opinions if it is an ok graphics card.

i have played on css,Fallout new,bulletstorm vegas and TF2 it runs smooth on all of them! i got intel® HD Graphic to. It's jut that in bulletstorm and fallout new vegas it can sometimes lag in open areas in other case it runs smooth! so if you buy intel i think that you will have fun playing thoose games and maby more i really do! ;D

#42 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

My new Dell Inspiron 15R has an Intel HD Graphics chip. I think it's one of the new ones that are built into the processors themselves. I can play Portal 2 very well on it, with a few other games on Med-High settings (don't have a lot of games installed yet).

#43 Guest_JOEL_*

Guest_JOEL_*

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

intel hd graphics nowadays makes a big difference...it can compete with nvidia and ati fairly enough...i can play dao2 and the witcher 2 without problems with medium settings...so for those who are anti-intel go check for yourself and maybe you will ask yourself why in hell you spend your hard earned money on just a very little difference in quality if you can have it cheap?

#44 kmofosho

kmofosho

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

i have a lenovo v560 and i have this card and tf2 runs flawlessly

#45 Dion Wells-Jansz

Dion Wells-Jansz

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

computer specs

toshiba satelite a665

processor i3

hrddrive 500gb

mem 4gb
graphics is the intel hd graphics

i play big games call of duty unreal tourny 3 black garrys mod css and tf2 all latest versions WOW all of these are played on max specs i have good frame rate... generally 150-200 avrage... peaks at 300... the only game ive had a problem is battle field badcompany2
hope a extra 4gb or ram in this thing will help out the game... if not i need it for some video editing any way

i also run the newest versions of coreldraw and autocad no problems there....

you can't be serious.

System Spec

Zoostorm Laptop

Intel i3 Processor

8GB DDR3

Win 7 64Bit

I can run all the same games that are mentioned above. the issue with running games is that they have to optomized for Intel HD Graphics for a list of some of these games go to http://www.intel.com...b/CS-032052.htm

#46 Guest_Gamer_*

Guest_Gamer_*

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:31 AM

I just had to post here when I saw how blind people are. I have Intel HD Graphics 3000 on my laptop and I can play The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Dragon Age 1/2, Mass Effect 1/2 and I'm sure many other games without ANY problems. All settings are either maxed out or ALMOST maxed out. Recently I got The Sims 3 and three expansion packs for it. I run it on the highest possible settings and it doesn't lag at all.

Let alone all those older games like AOE. Or online games like LoL. Go figure.

#47 Arekesu

Arekesu

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

I bought a laptop a while back that has an Intel HD Integrated Graphics card... My laptop can run 1080p videos, it plays TF2 just fine, I play WoW fine, hell I even installed Portal and ran it fine. The system specs for Skyrim are out now, and as far as I can see, I would have no issue running it either. (all it says for Skyrim is "Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM"

As a side note its a Toshiba Satellite C655. And all the above mentioned games run on "Fair, Good, or medium" graphics with about 20-30 frames. Aside from Skyrim which isn't out obviously.

The only games that havn't been able to run are like first person shooters and such.

#48 michael03m

michael03m

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

I bought a laptop a while back that has an Intel HD Integrated Graphics card... My laptop can run 1080p videos, it plays TF2 just fine, I play WoW fine, hell I even installed Portal and ran it fine. The system specs for Skyrim are out now, and as far as I can see, I would have no issue running it either. (all it says for Skyrim is "Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM"

As a side note its a Toshiba Satellite C655. And all the above mentioned games run on "Fair, Good, or medium" graphics with about 20-30 frames. Aside from Skyrim which isn't out obviously.

The only games that havn't been able to run are like first person shooters and such.

I just bought the ASUS U46E RAL5 laptop and was wondering if I should buy Skyrim to play on it or on the 360?

It's specs are very impressive all around except for the graphics card.
8GB Ram
750GB Hard Drive
Core i5 Processor @ 2.3ghz
Intel HD Graphics Card

One of my friends told me that I should probably get it on the 360 because of the integrated graphics card. Thing is, my last laptop that had 3GBs of RAM and a significantly slower processor ran games like WoW full screen fine with no lag. With Intel's new graphics cards does it really make that much of a difference to not have a discrete card if you have a good processor and a lot of RAM?

Edited by michael03m, 27 October 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#49 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

I just bought the ASUS U46E RAL5 laptop and was wondering if I should buy Skyrim to play on it or on the 360?

It's specs are very impressive all around except for the graphics card.
8GB Ram
750GB Hard Drive
Core i5 Processor @ 2.3ghz
Intel HD Graphics Card

One of my friends told me that I should probably get it on the 360 because of the integrated graphics card. Thing is, my last laptop that had 3GBs of RAM and a significantly slower processor ran games like WoW full screen fine with no lag. With Intel's new graphics cards does it really make that much of a difference to not have a discrete card if you have a good processor and a lot of RAM?

Yeah your other specs other then the IGP is fine to run Skyrim, but because of the IGP you probably wont even be able to launch into the menu... Intel HD Graphics is just not for gaming.

Sorry.

#50 Guest_anonymous_*

Guest_anonymous_*

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

computer specs

toshiba satelite a665

processor i3

hrddrive 500gb

mem 4gb

i play big games call of duty unreal tourny 3 black garrys mod css and tf2 all latest versions WOW all of these are played on max specs i have good frame rate... generally 150-200 avrage... peaks at 300... the only game ive had a problem is battle field badcompany2
hope a extra 4gb or ram in this thing will help out the game... if not i need it for some video editing any way

you can't be serious.

i run tf2 and portal 1 and 2 on medium settings just fine, no problems at all. However, anything above that will probably run slow.

#51 Guest_thedude_*

Guest_thedude_*

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

What if you want to play maplestory on it is that ok?

YES it will

#52 PunkMaister

PunkMaister

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

Why can't he be serious? if he says he plays those games then he plays those games.

#53 Guest_Techial_*

Guest_Techial_*

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Why can't he be serious? if he says he plays those games then he plays those games.

At 150-300 FPS? IMPOSSIBLE.

Even my stepbrother with i7 - 16 Gig ram - XFX 7950 (3 GB, PCI-E 3) can't run over 150 FPS..

#54 Guest_jon_*

Guest_jon_*

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

i have a computer with core i5 intel hd graphics 6gb of ram and 500gb hard drive. will it run railworks3 smooth

#55 Guest_Marcuolo_*

Guest_Marcuolo_*

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

computer specs

toshiba satelite a665

processor i3

hrddrive 500gb

mem 4gb

you can't be serious.

mem 8gb
hardrive 500 gb
intel hd graphics

Autocad SUCKS! haven't tried gaming yet.

#56 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

computer specs

toshiba satelite a665

processor i3

hrddrive 500gb

mem 4gb

you can't be serious.

mem 8gb
hardrive 500 gb
intel hd graphics

Autocad SUCKS! haven't tried gaming yet.

Lol this thread always keeps getting revived by someone.

Anyways, the newer Intel graphic cards are actually much better than 3-4 years ago and some small gaming CAN be done on them. I don't think AutoCad is even that cpu intensive as it's only 2D, not 3D. And apparently the Intel HD Graphics 4000 is going to be much, much better than the 3000, not just slightly better.

But in all, if you want to game, get a dedicated graphics card.

#57 Guest_Sabrina_*

Guest_Sabrina_*

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Heya,

I am looking to buy a laptop i have a desktop on which i run WoW Cata and Adobe CS2, the laptop is mainly for writing and browsing but I want to know that in case i want to run WoW and PS on it this Graphics card can handle it.

These are the specifics of the notebook im looking at.

Acer Aspire AS4752-2354G50MN ( LX.RSP02.031 ) The purple one ;)
Windows® 7 Home Premium
Intel® Core™ i3 processor 2350M (2.3GHz - 3MB L3 cache)
14" High Definition 1366x768 pixel resolution
high-brightness (200-nit) Acer CineCrystal™ LED-backlit TFT LCD
16:9 aspect ratio
4GB DDR3 RAM (1x 4GB)
500GB HDD (5400rpm)
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 with 128MB of dedicated system memory (shared)
supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
HDMI

If anyone still reads this i'd be really happy if they can tell me if this notebook is any good.

/Sabrina

#58 Guest_John Smith_*

Guest_John Smith_*

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Is the graphics card good for watching 1080p films? I don't play any PC games.

#59 morathking

morathking

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

I am about to buy a computer and its got  

• Processor model: Intel Core I3 Gen 2 350M
  • Processor speed: (2.3GHZ/3Mb/1066Fsb/64-Bit)
  • Screen size: 15.6" Wxga Widescreen Led
  • System RAM installed: 4Gb Ddr3-1066 Memory (1 X 4Gb)
  • Spare RAM Slots: 1
  • Hard Disk: 500Gb Hard Drive
  • Optical Drive: Dvd Super Multi Drive (Dual Layer)
  • Card Reader: 5-In-1 Card Reader (X-D, Sd, Mmc, Ms, Ms Pro)
  • Wireless LAN: Acer Wireless 802.11A/G/Draft-N
  • Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth
  • Battery: 6-Cell 2.2
  • Video Graphics: Intel Hd Graphics 3000 With 128 Mb Of Dedicated System Memory
  • Camera: Acer Crystaleye Webcam

is this any good will this be able to play Skyrim, WOW, Crysis 3 and 2.and watch 1080p movies please answer  :P

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!