How Good is the Intel HD Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Xcore7

Xcore7

SuperSonic

• 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

I don't think Intel HD Graphics would run those stuff at Max Settings lol. I have a Toshiba Laptop with Intel Graphics. It sometimes even lags on Online Flash Games and it lags GTA San Andreas and some WoW gaming even on Lowest Settings. And Yes Intel Graphics would run Photoshop CS5 and some other programs but expect to see some slow performance or disabled Features. Its only good for Those Laptop users who would use them for Work. Even the Lightest Gaming would give you lag. Get Discrete :)

Hell if you have options for Desktop PCs then Get it! :D

Edited by Xcore7, 28 February 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#22 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

unless your absolutly stuck on the portable issue, forget a laptop, they will always be second hand in performance to a desktop.
If you have to have a laptop, get one with either a nVidia or ATI card. Even one of nVidia/ATI's mid-level cards is better than a top of the line Intel video card.

So yeah, fork over for a desktop, unless you HAVE to be portable, then get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card.

#23 Chris Bletch

Chris Bletch

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

computer specs

toshiba satelite a665

processor i3

hrddrive 500gb

mem 4gb
graphics is the intel hd graphics

i play big games call of duty unreal tourny 3 black garrys mod css and tf2 all latest versions WOW all of these are played on max specs i have good frame rate... generally 150-200 avrage... peaks at 300... the only game ive had a problem is battle field badcompany2
hope a extra 4gb or ram in this thing will help out the game... if not i need it for some video editing any way

i also run the newest versions of coreldraw and autocad no problems there....

you can't be serious.

100% serious... ive never had a problem with any thing being slow... everything is instant... fast as lightning... get my point now XD

#24 Chris Bletch

Chris Bletch

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

I don't think Intel HD Graphics would run those stuff at Max Settings lol. I have a Toshiba Laptop with Intel Graphics. It sometimes even lags on Online Flash Games and it lags GTA San Andreas and some WoW gaming even on Lowest Settings. And Yes Intel Graphics would run Photoshop CS5 and some other programs but expect to see some slow performance or disabled Features. Its only good for Those Laptop users who would use them for Work. Even the Lightest Gaming would give you lag. Get Discrete :)

Hell if you have options for Desktop PCs then Get it! :D

unless your absolutly stuck on the portable issue, forget a laptop, they will always be second hand in performance to a desktop.
If you have to have a laptop, get one with either a nVidia or ATI card. Even one of nVidia/ATI's mid-level cards is better than a top of the line Intel video card.

So yeah, fork over for a desktop, unless you HAVE to be portable, then get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card.

i absolutely agree with you guys on the desktop issue... i am currently building a desktop my self...

also i never play flash games on my laptop or in general... they just seem pointless and stupid to me... the only thing i use a browser for is for this forum my server forum facebook and yahoo...

idk bout you but i am very secure and careful with any think that i click on... and i think since my computer isnt clogged with garbage thats y it is running my games fine...

Edited by Chris Bletch, 28 February 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#25 Chris Bletch

Chris Bletch

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

What if you want to play maplestory on it is that ok?

yeah u can play maple story on almost any computer... i would advise you to stay away from any of nexons games... people hack and seed viruses through them all the time...

#26 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

BTW, I started this thread and thought I should input my final thought - I decided to get an HP laptop with the ATI HD 5650 graphics (love it). Play Assassins Creed on good settings, supports Photoshop's GPU acceleration and in general is a really good graphics card for a laptop.

My Specs:
i5 Processor
4 GB ram
ATI HD 5650

Posted Image

Edited by hab, 28 February 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#27 Chris Bletch

Chris Bletch

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

congrats!!!! i hope u enjoy!!! but nomatter how good your processor ... mem hdd or graphics card... a virus can still ruin it for you.... be careful watch what u click on browsers you could b clicking cancle or close and the way they set up the buttons it says u accepted... any thing can put a trojan or virus on ur computer any website can b hacked and seeded...

#28 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Congrats to your laptop. :)

Here is my laptop:
Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 P340 2,20GHz
3,00GB DDR3 memory
ATI Radeon Mobility 5470 Spec here:
Posted Image

#29 Guest_Harish_*

Guest_Harish_*

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Hi guys,
I am planning to buy a Dell Inspiron Laptop, but I am on a tight budget. I can either have a Pentium Dual Core + Radeon Mobility Dedicated Graphics card or a Core-i3 with Integrated Intel HD Graphics card. Which do you think is the better option?

#30 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hi guys,
I am planning to buy a Dell Inspiron Laptop, but I am on a tight budget. I can either have a Pentium Dual Core + Radeon Mobility Dedicated Graphics card or a Core-i3 with Integrated Intel HD Graphics card. Which do you think is the better option?

What do you plan on using the laptop for. I'm not very familiar with processors but I know dual core and i3 is similar but I believe i3 would be a bit faster. So if you're going to use your laptop for general stuff like word, browsing etc, I would go for the i3. If you want to game at all, for the Pentium Dual Core + Radeon Mobility laptop.

#31 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

BTW, I started this thread and thought I should input my final thought - I decided to get an HP laptop with the ATI HD 5650 graphics (love it). Play Assassins Creed on good settings, supports Photoshop's GPU acceleration and in general is a really good graphics card for a laptop.

My Specs:
i5 Processor
4 GB ram
ATI HD 5650

Spoiler

yes the 5650 is an excellent card. good choice. that card is actually capable of running many games well.

Congrats to your laptop. :)

Here is my laptop:
Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 P340 2,20GHz
3,00GB DDR3 memory
ATI Radeon Mobility 5470 Spec here:

Spoiler

i'm on the 5470 myself. I like it!

Hi guys,

I suggest you get the core-i3 one. Pentium dual core is pretty slow, and I don't think the dedicated card is going to make up for that.

If possible, I suggest you try to get a laptop that is on the latest second generation core-i3 (look for i3-2310M) processor with the intel HD 3000 graphics. The intel HD 3000 is actually very good for an integrated solution.

Edited by FalseAgent, 25 March 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#32 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

You have a GeForce GTS 350M. That kinda sucks that you don't know what's inside your own pc.

#33 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

I have Radeon HD 3200 that came with my PC, I want to upgrade it, but it is ok, it runs games, handles Aero fine... If your on a resticted budget you may want to look in to it.

#34 Guest_Jason_*

Guest_Jason_*

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

You guys serious!!!

I have a intel hd myself and it runs Cod 4 Fine!! Wtf are you on about!!

Counter strike 1.6 run Smooth as hell (70 fps highest setting) and its also runs counterstrike source(30+ fps on hightest settings)

You guys prolly dont even had a intel

#35 Guest_mohit_*

Guest_mohit_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Yes, Intel is still garbage when it comes to gaming. Avoid it if you can. If you must go integrated, look for an ATi HD 3200/4200, or an Nvidia 9400M or 340M (I believe).

Yea but I'm not gaming, so would it be ok for very very light gaming once in a while (and games that do not require high specs) and multimedia purposes.

My friend has a fairly new laptop, it has intel HD integrated graphics.

Just for kicks my friend installed steam and TF2, it chugged along at 4fps at the bare minimum settings. In windowed mode even, at the smallest resolution possible. His IGP also stutters on some flash games, like Bloons TD 4. Look into a discrete graphics option if you even think of a game running on it, preferrable on with nVidia's Optimus so you can have battery life of more than 3 hours.

no its not true i am able to play 11gb cod modern warfare 2 at my intel hd graphic.it can also run nfs mw,cs source,tf2

#36 Guest_Arend_*

Guest_Arend_*

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

I have almost the same specs as Chris Bletch and i can run DA:Origins on full specs and it works fine.

#37 Guest_Maddr_*

Guest_Maddr_*

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

I want a Dell inspiron 15r with intel graphics, can the graphics be switched out? If not will it play brink?(probably not but still worth asking.)

#38 Guest_matt_*

Guest_matt_*

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

computer specs

toshiba satelite a665

processor i3

hrddrive 500gb

mem 4gb
graphics is the intel hd graphics

i play big games call of duty unreal tourny 3 black garrys mod css and tf2 all latest versions WOW all of these are played on max specs i have good frame rate... generally 150-200 avrage... peaks at 300... the only game ive had a problem is battle field badcompany2
hope a extra 4gb or ram in this thing will help out the game... if not i need it for some video editing any way

i also run the newest versions of coreldraw and autocad no problems there....

you can't be serious.

I played portal 2 with intel HD and it ran pretty well, not perfectly. i3, 2.1 Ghz processor.

#39 Guest_taylor_*

Guest_taylor_*

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

no its, true. i have a brand new vaio laptop, i3 processor, and intels new hd videocard and i can play modern warfare 2. tf2 on maximum graphic specs fine. the new intel hd is ok, still shittier than any 40-50 dollar graphics card but certainly a big step up from what it used to be. if you consider yourself a gamer id look elsewhere. but i can run these games at a pretty nice framerate, pretty well.

#40 Guest_rr3_*

Guest_rr3_*

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:32 AM

hello guys,

my laptop spec are :

dell latitude E4310, with XP profesional OS, processor intel 5 series M 520 @ 2.4Ghz, memory 3,510MB RAM,directX 9.0c,VGA Intel HD graphic (core i5).

I can't play NFS 2 underground & Diablo 2, is there any advance setting i need to do?

Please help....

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!