14 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

1zefvk5.png

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 includes KB971033, a cracks killer update that Microsoft released earlier this year through Windows Update to all customers running the RTM Build 7600 of the OS. In fact, the Beta development milestone of Windows 7 SP1 already contains the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7.

This updated "Activation Technologies Update" will kill more than 70 exploits that have been deployed since RTM to illegally circumvent the activation process for the OS.

Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 appears as "KB971033" in the Windows Update. It helps you confirm that the copy of Windows 7 that is running on your computer is genuine. Additionally, Windows Activation Technologies helps protect against the risks of counterfeit software. Windows Activation Technologies in Windows 7 consists of activation and validation components that contain anti-piracy features.

#2 netbox

netbox

Customizer

• 380 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

i think 7 SP1 is package of windows updates and fixes, so i might try the windows updates and ignore sp1 LOL!

#3 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

POPULAR

Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 appears as "KB971033" in the Windows Update. It helps you confirm that the copy of Windows 7 that is running on your computer is genuine. Additionally, Windows Activation Technologies helps protect against the risks of counterfeit software. Windows Activation Technologies in Windows 7 consists of activation and validation components that contain anti-piracy features.

What risks? If you know where you got it from, and didn't get it off of iwantwindows7withvirses.com or any other stupid no name site, there are no risks with pirated software.

And yes, I do own a technet account and a legit (about 8) copy of Windows 7, and I will install SP1 without a care in the world, but seriously Microsoft has got to stop banging the book on how this stuff is "risky" and "has the potential to steal personal data" I mean really, those who do it know better. :rolleyes:

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

What risks? If you know where you got it from, and didn't get it off of iwantwindows7withvirses.com or any other stupid no name site, there are no risks with pirated software.

And yes, I do own a technet account and a legit (about 8) copy of Windows 7, and I will install SP1 without a care in the world, but seriously Microsoft has got to stop banging the book on how this stuff is "risky" and "has the potential to steal personal data" I mean really, those who do it know better. :rolleyes:

+1

So true. Your opinion is the voice of the people!

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

this is wht happens when people post there cracks over the web, MS gets them too and finds out how to bypass the crack.

#6 theapu

theapu

BigB

• 575 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

this is wht happens when people post there cracks over the web, MS gets them too and finds out how to bypass the crack.

But before MS release a crack killer a killer crack will born. MS said the same thing about their WAT update. But WAT was an absolute fail. The crack for WAT was available even before WAT was released!! These crackers are really smart. MS has to make windows a cloud OS if they really want to get rid of these crackers.

Edited by theapu, 08 July 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#7 ThoriumKnight

ThoriumKnight

New WinMatrixian

• 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

In that case I'll stick with my pain in the arse, unusable but legal copy of Windows Server 2008 R2.

#8 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

They're not saying it for people who hunt down and install pirated copies of Windows on their computer. It's for people who have unscrupulous technicians who install it on their computer without them knowing. And believe it or not, it does happen. There's a lot of assholes in this world and there's a lot of idiots in this world who don't know any better (the most common type of idiots are the ones who don't know they're idiots, but think they know everything on the subject they know nothing about). If you do get the alert and you know you put a pirated copy of Windows on it, then the alert should be no surprise to you. If it is a surprise to you, then you should contact the person who provided you with the key or installed the OS on it for you. Because if you don't know your copy isn't legit, there really is no telling what else may be on your computer without your knowledge. And whether you realize it or not, there is no telling what's on your computer if you install a pirated copy of Windows, regardless of whether you know where it came from.

#9 K.L.Devine

K.L.Devine

Active WinMatrixian

• 898 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

The update KB971033 is already very infamous. Now people will start avoiding SP1 too. :P

#10 Kalphite

Kalphite

ycsoft®

• 184 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

KB971033 didn't do anything to me, i just reactivated with the same years-old crack
sp1 will probably be cracked before it even officially comes out

Edited by Kalphite, 09 July 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#11 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

They're not saying it for people who hunt down and install pirated copies of Windows on their computer. It's for people who have unscrupulous technicians who install it on their computer without them knowing. And believe it or not, it does happen. There's a lot of assholes in this world and there's a lot of idiots in this world who don't know any better (the most common type of idiots are the ones who don't know they're idiots, but think they know everything on the subject they know nothing about). If you do get the alert and you know you put a pirated copy of Windows on it, then the alert should be no surprise to you. If it is a surprise to you, then you should contact the person who provided you with the key or installed the OS on it for you. Because if you don't know your copy isn't legit, there really is no telling what else may be on your computer without your knowledge. And whether you realize it or not, there is no telling what's on your computer if you install a pirated copy of Windows, regardless of whether you know where it came from.

Fair point. That actually didn't cross my mind at the time, but regardless, good point..

Best example is Craigslist @.@

#12 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

Additionally, Windows Activation Technologies helps protect against the risks of counterfeit software.

Bullshit!

I have genuine copy too but I don't want another process running in my task-manager.

#13 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

The Flashing Fish's words really reflect the truth.

#14 Guest_august_*

Guest_august_*

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

i use this:
<links deleted>
10000% no bullshit…

#15 Guest_Dangerous Dan_*

Guest_Dangerous Dan_*

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

I still want to see if this is true.

We have for the sake of testing, taken a fully updated, cracked win7 ultimate, and installed SP1 on it. Its working 100% so far... The crack was some bootloader thingy that was easy to find and use.

Seems like MS hasn't quite figured out how to get past that one :P

Anyway, just saying...

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, piracy