• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

This looks pretty neat.

Today marks the 10 year anniversary of Trillian’s first release. 10 years ago, at 5 in the morning, Kevin and Scott were putting the finishing touches on the very first version of Trillian, 0.50. Our earliest effort was nothing more than a simple chat client built for IRC only, but we quickly realized that IRC wouldn’t be enough. As a result, basic IM support was added into the next release and we haven’t stopped moving since! In the last ten years, we’ve launched over 8 major releases of Trillian for Windows and ported Trillian to a host of other platforms, including Mac, iPhone, BlackBerry, and the web!

If you’ve been using Trillian for many years, now is a great time to support our small and independent company by purchasing Trillian Pro, currently on sale for only $15. If you’re already a Pro customer, feel free to send us some beer and pizza money in the form of a gift card and send it to a friend. :) In honor of our 10th birthday, we’re also unveiling our latest creation: Trillian 5 for Windows! A sneak peek website is online right now as we put the finishing touches on the first beta build, which will be available to all customers in the coming weeks.

Here’s to ten more years of organizing your online social world!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: http://blog.cerulean...ios.com/?p=1442
Preview: http://www.trillian....-trillian5.html

It seems as if Windows 7 has really pushed a lot of folks to update their software in more ways than one. I'm glad the whole "glass" look is really catching on. I've never used Trillian before, but I know I am going to try it out now.

Edited by Frylock86, 03 July 2010 - 07:24 PM.

#2 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

Wow O.o
I think I'm going to begin using Trillian over Pidgin on windows :woot:

#3 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Neat! Wow, yeah, this is overkill..  :woot:

#4 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

Nice, that Firefox menu thing is looking nice everywhere :D

#5 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:22 AM

Kinda OSist. They haven't even made Astra for Linux yet =/

#6 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:36 AM

This looks amazing! Only reason I use WLM is because of the look (yes it looks good with ads disabled [A-Patch]) and it's easy going on the eyes and is just good overall. I've gotta have a try at Trillian though.

And from some screenshots, it looks like they support the pen tool!

So, I'm guessing Trillian 5 isn't released yet, because there's no download link, just a thing that says Get notified when available...

Edited by hab, 04 July 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#7 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

Kinda OSist. They haven't even made Astra for Linux yet =/

No dis-respect, but they probably just don't see the worth. Not when Linux has Pidgin, and 13,000 other IM clients.

This looks amazing! Only reason I use WLM is because of the look (yes it looks good with ads disabled [A-Patch]) and it's easy going on the eyes and is just good overall. I've gotta have a try at Trillian though.

And from some screenshots, it looks like they support the pen tool!

So, I'm guessing Trillian 5 isn't released yet, because there's no download link, just a thing that says Get notified when available...

Right, the beta is coming soon. The final release should follow after that I would guess either by year's end or early 2011.

Edited by Frylock86, 04 July 2010 - 03:57 AM.

#8 ShadowCoder

ShadowCoder

xIntegrated Technologies

• 315 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

I can't wait for this, I'm using 4.2 right now and love it, but I'm especially looking forward to the new GUI.

#9 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

hahaha yeah! :lol:

This....looks better than the new version of Windows Live Messenger. I have been looking for an alternative for some time now, and I think this is it!

#10 awesomeo4000

awesomeo4000

WinMatrixian

• 222 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

This....looks better than the new version of Windows Live Messenger. I have been looking for an alternative for some time now, and I think this is it!

I couldn't agree more :yes:
Gonna give this a shot when it's released, Microsoft needs to utilise Aero, jumplist, ribbon, etc more effectively with Messenger. I don't understand why they're not doing it with wave 4. Ugly, bloated and just about unusable in my humble opinion :(

#11 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

Gonna give this a shot when it's released, Microsoft needs to utilise Aero, jumplist, ribbon, etc more effectively with Messenger. I don't understand why they're not doing it with wave 4. Ugly, bloated and just about unusable in my humble opinion :(

At least it doesn't have any annoying features.

#12 awesomeo4000

awesomeo4000

WinMatrixian

• 222 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

What? The whole social connectivity in WLM wave 4 is hard to use

#13 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

What? The whole social connectivity in WLM wave 4 is hard to use

i don't think it is. I actually like what they have going on right now.

#14 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Damnit why is it when I went over to OS X all the software I used gets updated or cool new ones come out

#15 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

Sadly, whenever I switch to any other thing than WLM...I feel incomplete. Messenger Plus is just too good :(

#16 Laguna

Laguna

Active WinMatrixian

• 830 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:00 AM

I used Trillian for some time, back to my Windows' days. Really nice. Although, I still prefer my Adium.

#17 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

hahaha yeah!  :lol:

Sadly, whenever I switch to any other thing than WLM...I feel incomplete. :(

Yeah, thats true.. i feel like that too. =/ After ive been using an another IM application for a while.. i always switch back.. :(

Edited by Preath, 05 July 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#18 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

I used Trillian for some time, back to my Windows' days. Really nice. Although, I still prefer my Adium.

Same Same I was using the 4.2 release of astra until I switched to os x fulltime

#19 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

Sadly, whenever I switch to any other thing than WLM...I feel incomplete. :(

Yeah, thats true.. i feel like that too. =/ After ive been using an another IM application for a while.. i always switch back.. :(

-_- Why did you cut the Messenger Plus part? That was the important one :P

#20 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:55 AM

hahaha yeah!  :lol:

Sadly, whenever I switch to any other thing than WLM...I feel incomplete. :(

-_- Why did you cut the Messenger Plus part? That was the important one :P

haha, because i dont use it :P Im happy with just messpatch or A-patch :P

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!