Noob looking for Rainmeter help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

So I installed Rainmeter, but I can't seem to figure out how to get different widgets for it and stuff. For example, I see I can add my weather code, but I don't know where the weather widget is exactly, and how to open it. Second, can I have more than five applications assigned to the dock/quick launch menu at the bottom? Also, what skins do you guys recommend? Do skins affect what widgets I can and can't use? Anymore questions and I will post back :P

EDIT: Seems like I can't change the programs set on the launcher to ones that I want. For example I want to change Trillian to WLM, but it won't seem to work, unless I'm doing it incorrectly.

Edited by Merforga, 11 May 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#2 NinjaFace

NinjaFace

SecritNinja

• 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/?q=Manual
this should be the full manual for rainmeter, but I know that sucks.
You can indeed change the launcher stuff...in fact i don't think theres anything you cant change. Have you tried opening congfigs menu? you can make alot of changes in there, or you can slect "edit skin" from the right click menu on any skin and change the coding for the skin itself. I'm @ work now but i'll check it out and help ya out with some walk through when i get off if ya want.

Rainmeter is REALLY easy to use once you get the hang of it....check out the forums on there webpage for some help too

#3 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

I tried the manual and forums, but I can't seem to figure anything out from what's there. Maybe I'll just make an account there and post my questions on their forums. Thanks for the advice though :)

#4 Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

WinMatrixian

• 116 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

download and copy your skins to the skins folder (put it in the program files/rainmeter/skins folder if there isnt one in your my documents.
start rainmeter
right click on the rainmeter button on your task bar. above the word exit are all the skins that are currently open. mouse over them and close them all. then right click on rainmeter again and go up to configs. navigate to the skin you want to use and click on it. it should appear in the top left of your desktop. drag to wherever necessary (some of them are very fiddly with their hit boxes for dragging, so keep trying for ages if you cant)

#5 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:47 AM

download and copy your skins to the skins folder (put it in the program files/rainmeter/skins folder if there isnt one in your my documents.
start rainmeter
right click on the rainmeter button on your task bar. above the word exit are all the skins that are currently open. mouse over them and close them all. then right click on rainmeter again and go up to configs. navigate to the skin you want to use and click on it. it should appear in the top left of your desktop. drag to wherever necessary (some of them are very fiddly with their hit boxes for dragging, so keep trying for ages if you cant)

Perfect! That helped A LOT! +1 :woot: Thank j00!

#6 dragonmage

dragonmage

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

Try these pages for more information.

Rainmeter 101
Tips and Tricks

And of course there are the forums. Use the Search and Google links at the top of the page. I know your questions have been answered there.

#7 Renier Fourie

Renier Fourie

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hi man sorry for using your question to post mine but i really need help and I've never used forums. Never needed them.

I want to make a mirror image of my rainmeter skins on my secondary screen. Sometimes when I have something fullscreen I can't see the important info displayed by rainmeter.

My problem is as follows: The skin named "STATS" is a start menu button. Used in alliance with stardock's object dock. I can remove my taskbar and in so doing have my start menu popup on the stats button.

I need two things: I need to turn my second stats button around so it will face the other way so it can be placed on the right edge of the screen insteat of the left. I will also need to have the start menu popup at the start button pressed as it always popup at the first left corner.

Can anybody help me please

Sorry again Merforga and thanks for helping

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!