WinMatrix Profile Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aleksandr

Aleksandr

WinMatrixian

• 222 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Okay, so every time I go to my profile in Chrome/IE, it shows me my post count, but it's wrong. I have clearly 100 posts(101 now), but it says I have only 98. Is this a problem with the site, or the browsers? Also, in addition to this, in IE my profile is practically deformed visually. I can only show you the Chrome visual problem, as the IE problem only happens in my school computers.(I think IE7 is the cause of that, not 8).

Anyway, can anyone tell me how to fix this? Much appreciated. :yes:

Screenshot for reference to Chrome/IE8 visual:

Posted Image

#2 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

I probably updates slower than the post count on the side of your posts does, mines ten behind on my profile...

Theres also the problem with changing my signature, I cant do anything to it because it says it contains an image larger than 580x190 (or whatever the restrition is), even if I make my signature empty I cant save the changes.

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 05 April 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#3 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

I have clearly 100 posts(101 now), but it says I have only 98.

There are more than 35K profiles on WM. They all can't be updated instantly.

Also, in addition to this, in IE my profile is practically deformed visually.

This is the reason?

@PurplePeopleEater
You already has a 600px image in your sig but the maximum sig size is 580px on WM. May be that is the cause of the bug.

#4 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

Internet Explorer sucks. Don't use it; it also can't render some pages properly (which is why it has that compatibility thing). Either use firefox or chrome if you want your pages to look right.

Edited by hab, 05 April 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#5 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

@PurplePeopleEater
You already has a 600px image in your sig but the maximum sig size is 580px on WM. May be that is the cause of the bug.

Oh really? I'm good then, I dont wanna lose my colorbar :whistle:

#6 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

ok it takes time to update all the 35K profiles. but how long it takes. mine is at present 714 including this but it shows 700 active. the balance 14 are not of today or of yesterday. i think atleast 10 days older. but still it says 700 only. Why? how the system works then?

#7 Aleksandr

Aleksandr

WinMatrixian

• 222 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

ok it takes time to update all the 35K profiles. but how long it takes. mine is at present 714 including this but it shows 700 active. the balance 14 are not of today or of yesterday. i think atleast 10 days older. but still it says 700 only. Why? how the system works then?

That is out of my knowledge of how the board updates each user's count, but to me 2-3 posts off is no big deal. I was just curious as to why it happens.

#8 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

Aleksandr your posts are 102 now. it means profiles update daily.

#9 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

That is out of my knowledge of how the board updates each user's count, but to me 2-3 posts off is no big deal. I was just curious as to why it happens.

Ah its updated to 701 now. thats not fair!!!! :(

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!