• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

This post is cross posted at WM, dA and emailed, so dont get offended, unless you know that your one of the culprits. if so, then f**k off ya bastards.

Ok, so this has nothing to do with any one or person or group of people, but i am now retired from programming.
I have been doing programming for 23+ years, and it is getting harder and harder to come up with new ideas and trying to implement them right, only to hear people complain about how the app does not work as how they think it should.

if your a complainer, then f**k you. I design apps for me in mind, not you.
I will still do, more then likely, an app or two a year at my leasure, at my pace, to my specifications.

Also, As how the WM community is degrading down to what i call "a noob infected community", that is, nothing is like how it was some years back, I am stepping down from my G Mod duties. Posts of video games pulling "l33t awesome skillz" is not news worthy at all. A new VS? Cool, show it off. A great new app? Go for it. A game review? if it is a legitimate review, sure, cool.

I dont really have much to say about dA. The community has stayed more or less the same, and i have no major arguments about it.
I hope every one has a good day.

(goes off to listen to Eddie Izzard, Circle.)

#2 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

Bye Villain :cry:
I hope your not going completely dormant :(

#3 ShadowCoder

ShadowCoder

xIntegrated Technologies

• 315 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

I feel the exact same as Villain about the overall nature of this forum. He and I have been members here for a long time and have watched it go from greatness to noobness over the course of time. There are a lot of great members here who could offer so much to the community, but tghere are the few that seem to go out of there way to ruin it for others.

Villain's decision is a great loss to this community. And frankly if something doesn't change soon I will be leaving the community all together.

#4 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

It's a regret to hear that, but I understand the decision. While I still love Winmatrix, the site has changed even in the short 2 years I've been here.
I hope you stay active even though you've stepped down from your staff position. It's really disappointing to see you go, Villain :( .

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

I will opo in a time or two during the week, just i wont be very active.

#6 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

You will be missed Villain.

#7 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Thanks guys. I have decided to learn Python, so i can still develop apps at my leisure, for more than one OS.

#8 K.L.Devine

K.L.Devine

Active WinMatrixian

• 898 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

You are a good developer mate. Ignore the noobs and keep making new apps. ;)

#9 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

Python is an awesome language. however it's one step towards pure comp sci geekiness. And you can import antigravity!

But yes, you will be missed.

#10 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

Thanks guys. I have decided to learn Python, so i can still develop apps at my leisure, for more than one OS.

Yeah, I'm working on stuff under Python as well. Email me sometime and we can chat about it. :D

So you're not retiring from programming... just from WinMatrix. I know what you guys mean about the "noobness" that appeared all of a sudden. I just don't get it. I used to learn so much on here, and now I haven't learned anything in a while. I know I don't contribute in that area either, but it's what made me become a member of this forum in the first place.

You've done well Villain. You contributed a lot, and managed this forum greatly. Thanks for all that you have done. I'll talk to you soon buddy. Best of luck.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!