Apple iPad Official TV Ad

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

Apple iPad TV Ad showcased at the Oscar Awards.

#2 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

Yea I saw it... more proof that it is an oversized iPod Touch though :blink:

#3 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

Nothing wrong with an oversized ipod touch, is there? :lol:

#4 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

lol, this ad serves no purpose. They don't show anything that we don't already know and that we would be amazed at

Edited by Afzal, 08 March 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Guest_imkleber_*

Guest_imkleber_*

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

lol, this ad serves no purpose. They don't show anything that we don't already know and that we would be amazed at

here are the slo-mo secrets of the newest ipad commercial!

#6 Rhadoozooz

Rhadoozooz

New WinMatrixian

• 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

As always Apple makes nice ads.

#7 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:01 PM

This is going to be a great product :)

#8 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

how do I do the -1 rep thing?

#9 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

WOW! You want to -1 me because I like I product? How would you feel if I -1 you because you hated a product?

That's why the -1 crap is stupid.

This is a great product and it's the first one actually made for on the go and easy to use with out having to carry a usb mouse or keyboard. Still, I think the product should have came with USB ports.

Edited by yanike, 08 March 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#10 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:36 PM

This thing jailbroken would be really really cool.

#11 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

WOW! You want to -1 me because I like I product? How would you feel if I -1 you because you hated a product?

This is a great product and it's the first one actually made for on the go and easy to use with out having to carry a usb mouse or keyboard. Still, I think the product should have came with USB ports.

isn't the point of +1 -1 that

+1 tells that I agree with the post
-1 tells that I disagree?

btw, nobody has still told me how to -1 <_<

#12 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

isn't the point of +1 -1 that

+1 tells that I agree with the post
-1 tells that I disagree?

Very good point afzal: its all bout the post, not the poster. On the other hand your "reputation" goes down :huh: . Some one must be hacking!

and a +1 for "where the hell does the -1 comes from???" :lol:

Edited by Borix, 08 March 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#13 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

^^ damn i tried twice and failed :( must find out, must find out ......

sad thing is, i repped +1 by mistake on yanike's "-1 is stupid" post :( :P lol

Edited by Afzal, 08 March 2010 - 08:46 PM.

#14 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

I'm glad you support Apple's, seemingly insignificant upgrade but that doesn't mean you should question why other dont like this product.

The majority (including me) dont like this product because it is more expensive than an iphone/ipod touch and doesn't add anything that makes it a worthy buy. All Apple did was make it larger (which goes against the purpose of portibility) and take away the ability to text/pic/vid message.

The only people I see buying this is somebody who is tech ignorant, and apple fanboy, somebody who insists on having a larger screen or somebody who insists on paying $300+ (depending on the model) for an ebook reader when the ipod touch can do that with a JB

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 08 March 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#15 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

Well....

Only the tech enthusiasts really know the iPad exists besides from people who visit the Apple site. The average person still doesn't know of the device and the average people watch the Oscars.

#16 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

WOW! You want to -1 me because I like I product? How would you feel if I -1 you because you hated a product? That's why the -1 crap is stupid. This is a great product and it's the first one actually made for on the go and easy to use with out having to carry a usb mouse or keyboard. Still, I think the product should have came with USB ports.

I'm glad you support Apple's, seemingly insignificant upgrade but that doesn't mean you should question why other dont like this product.

I never questioned anyone's opinion. I just said that I liked the product and that was it. They pretty much are questioning me and wanting to down rate me because I like it. Typical.

Also, how is the product insignificant?

This product is going to kill netbooks and others. Once developers start releasing software, people are going to be moving quick to get one. People will always be quick to shoot down Apple's creations. People call this a large iPod, because it's the first thing they can relate it to. Even I did, but I had to stop thinking stupid and start to see what the product is for itself and see the potential and the advantages it has over the iPod and iPhone.

With a larger screen, developers can create anything that the desktop OSX has and more for the iPad. You could actually create apps for web designing, full out music editing, vector and photoshopping and more. All on a device that needs no physical mouse or keyboard. This device is just coming out, so yeah nothing completely mind blowing yet. Just wait until developers start developing and finishing their products.

Apple hasn't released the product yet. So, we could get more than what was shown in the keynote.

Adobe Flash Issues:

I have to agree that Flash does break things. I'm starting to notice it more and more while developing under Flex. I have to use lots of work arounds to get the app working right. I don't hate Flash by any means, it's great, but still unstable.

Edited by yanike, 08 March 2010 - 11:19 PM.

#17 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

That's why Admins removed the -1 rep button.

#18 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:50 AM

WOW! You want to -1 me because I like I product? How would you feel if I -1 you because you hated a product? That's why the -1 crap is stupid. This is a great product and it's the first one actually made for on the go and easy to use with out having to carry a usb mouse or keyboard. Still, I think the product should have came with USB ports.

I never questioned anyone's opinion. I just said that I liked the product and that was it. They pretty much are questioning me and wanting to down rate me because I like it. Typical.

Also, how is the product insignificant?

This product is going to kill netbooks and others. Once developers start releasing software, people are going to be moving quick to get one. People will always be quick to shoot down Apple's creations. People call this a large iPod, because it's the first thing they can relate it to. Even I did, but I had to stop thinking stupid and start to see what the product is for itself and see the potential and the advantages it has over the iPod and iPhone.

With a larger screen, developers can create anything that the desktop OSX has and more for the iPad. You could actually create apps for web designing, full out music editing, vector and photoshopping and more. All on a device that needs no physical mouse or keyboard. This device is just coming out, so yeah nothing completely mind blowing yet. Just wait until developers start developing and finishing their products.

Apple hasn't released the product yet. So, we could get more than what was shown in the keynote.

snip

I have to agree that Flash does break things. I'm starting to notice it more and more while developing under Flex. I have to use lots of work arounds to get the app working right. I don't hate Flash by any means, it's great, but still unstable.

You've missunderstood me, I never said the ipad is insignificant. I said it's a seemingly insignificant upgrade. Compared to the iphone/touch your not really getting enough to push you to invest in the product.

I agree, the larger screen gives more opportunities over the iphone/touch however, macbooks also have excellent battery life and can beat that for almost the same price (if your going the 3g route with 64gb of memory, and comparing to the plastic macbooks which are still on sale).

True, but it's kinda locked down to be comparable to a netbook. Because it runs iphone OS and not a slimmed down OSX (what I was hoping for) you'r not given the freedom of a tablet, it's more it's own niche.

true developers can make whatever the desktop OSX can, however because you can only install from the app store (until it get hacked) the device is at apples' will.
and about flash, adobe is just being a crybaby lol

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 09 March 2010 - 02:54 AM.

#19 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

its a toy, nuff said

#20 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

wow I thought yanike was sarcastic or is he disguised as a troll?

But imagine, 4 duct taped ipod touchs cost $1199.99 + $1.00 for duct tape
while ipad cost $499.99! you save 700$!
Posted Image

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!