Photo
- - - - -

Windows 7 won't login *kinda of stuck at welcome screen)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Yesterday I put my computer into hibernate mode like I usually do but when I clicked my account to logon, the spinning animation came up, it looked like it would go into Windows, but the screen would go black for around 2-3 seconds, and then go back to the welcome screen. I tried restarting my computer and the same thing happens where everytime, it goes black for 2-3 seconds, then back to the welcome screen.

I tried startup repair, memory diagnostics and I have no system restore points.

This happened to me once when I had the RTM version of Windows 7 but I think startup repair fixed the problem but when I use startup repair it on the actual version of Windows 7 this time, it said to removed any devices like camera, usb etc and then restart the computer. The only thing I ever plug in is my usb and I haven't plugged that in a few days. So basically I can't log in to Windows.

I can boot into Safe Mode so what should I do. Obviously I've googled this but others have problems where the loading animation just stays there forever where mine is a bit different.

#2 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

Can you try system restore from safe mode?

#3 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

Can you try system restore from safe mode?

Basically I put in the installation disk and went to the screen with Startup repair, cmd, system restore and some other option. When I went to system restore, it said I had no system repair points. The thing that is weird is just a few days ago, I used it to restore my windows to an earlier time, so technically, I should still have some.

#4 Sanket

Sanket

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:17 AM

Yesterday I put my computer into hibernate mode like I usually do but when I clicked my account to logon, the spinning animation came up, it looked like it would go into Windows, but the screen would go black for around 2-3 seconds, and then go back to the welcome screen. I tried restarting my computer and the same thing happens where everytime, it goes black for 2-3 seconds, then back to the welcome screen.

This happened to me once when I had the RTM version of Windows 7 but I think startup repair fixed the problem but when I use startup repair it on the actual version of Windows 7 this time, it said to removed any devices like camera, usb etc and then restart the computer. The only thing I ever plug in is my usb and I haven't plugged that in a few days. So basically I can't log in to Windows.

I can boot into Safe Mode so what should I do. Obviously I've googled this but others have problems where the loading animation just stays there forever where mine is a bit different.

hey i had the exact problem on my system a few days back.i suspect u r using some modified theme where u modified the .msstyles file with vista style builder;boot in using safe mode,restore the original file and u should be fine.

#5 Guest_JD_*

Guest_JD_*

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:27 AM

had the same problem found out it was a theme i made using windows 7 style builder (vista style builder) go in through cmd from a repair disk and delete the theme files and then restart, then download the latest version of vsb and rebuild your theme. that is if any of this even applies

#6 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:30 AM

hey i had the exact problem on my system a few days back.i suspect u r using some modified theme where u modified the .msstyles file with vista style builder;boot in using safe mode,restore the original file and u should be fine.

Yea that's exactly it. I have a non-legit version of VSB (prob the problem) and I modded Sonye VS to have Aero effects (the same ones in Clearsceen sharp cuz the aero effects in it look awesome). So I'll try just replace it and see what happens. It's weird cuz it only sometimes happens. Like I did the exact same thing to another VS and when I restarted, nothing went wrong.

#7 awesomeo4000

awesomeo4000

WinMatrixian

• 222 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:38 AM

Same thing happened to me, VSB 1.5 is the only one that doesn't cause problems on windows 7. I modified themes with 1.4 and had this problem

#8 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:44 AM

same problem i had with modified theme. just remove it from safe mode and restart it should work.

#9 Guest_Joost_*

Guest_Joost_*

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

hey, got the same problem, was having some mac theme from deviantart.
but i wanted to go back to normal windows 7, so i have Theme, but it could be the fact that i replaced the original Explorerframe.dll, Shell32.dll and the imageres.dll all in System32
now i don't even have a picture of a user and it still is stuck there.
i have Windows 7 CD but then i've to install a whole bunch of programms what i don't like to do
so does anyone have solution?

Windows 7 Home Premium
4 GB Ram
128 VRam
230 GB Hard-Drive
Asus X71Q

#10 Guest_GlueTube365_*

Guest_GlueTube365_*

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

Something like this is happening on my Laptop. For some reason, I decided that I wanted a password system for my Laptop. I had typed in a password and typed it down again to confirm it. However, the very next day, I tried to log on onto my Laptop, but no matter how many times I type in my password, Windows keeps saying that is incorrect.
Could someone please help me?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!