Windows Phone 7 interface leaked pics

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 kAtz93

kAtz93

WinMatrixian

• 107 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

Whatever you guys say (i don't understand much,but 3/4 is not bad ?) i have never been impressed with iPhone interface.Maybe the first time,it looks nice but the second time i look into it ? nah,not much special.The only things new is the cube icons,but now,it's old.
And have you seen this ?
Posted Image
Yeah,that's my brother's toy.But with Winmo7,i see something stylish,something minimalastic,something difference to all others mobile os.It makes me ... want it.Ms have done what we're waiting for very well.I love it.

Edited by kAtz93, 16 February 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#22 AppliArt

AppliArt

The Vienna king

• 270 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

I really like the new UI that MS has presented here. Very clean and sleek.

@Yanike => OK, iPhone OS may look cool, but MS has a much wider public here. The most WM powered phones are much more affordable than Apple's. Nothing personal, but I really like to see that MS and WM7 powered mobiles will beat the iPhone on all fronts.

#23 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

Microsoft is getting better and better since Zune HD come out. You must admit that iPhone's UI is outdated and quite similar to other smartphones in the market(all i can see in the main menu was icons.. icons.. icons.. all you can do is changed the icons and themes.. don't forget that regular handphones got it too not just smartphones).. WinP7 isn't like that at all.. the menu was quite awesome..

#24 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

iPhone has more powerful apps than Windows Mobile. Yes! You can find an app for just about anything. I don't like the fact that people will give an product more respect when it's sh**. You say Apple has dumbed down the system. So why is Microsoft, Palm, HTC, Samsung and others copying them?.... Come on... answer....

I like how you think I'm just so pro Apple. Like I haven't posted things for Windows. Simpleton. Also, I like the personal attack from out of nowhere. Thanks, but NO Thanks. The problem with you and others is that you will back a product, even if it is crap. I'm sorry if you come to WinMatrix to be all pro Windows and float your boat just to say Microsoft is the best at everything. Everyone knows Windows Mobile is junk. That's why everyone (Users and Developers) is all over iPhones and Andriods.

Also, when did Apple go after people that have jailbroken their iPhones and iPods?

To me, it sounds like you don't care about the phone's stability and functionality. All you want is a device, good or bad, you can throw a skin on and have widgets which you won't use after awhile. No matter how great a device is, it will suck to you if you can't customize the look to your own exact specifications. Sounds very idiotic to me.

So, this has nothing to do with the specs and useful apps. This has to do with the theme and home screens. No wonder you are such a GREAT Microsoft defender.

Okay no one liked Windows Mobile 6.X we've seen 7 its a massive improvement.
What it sounds like your saying just because a product was crap before it shouldn't be liked even if its massively improved.

This product is honestly far from crap i'm sorry and developers will be on this like flies on shit just wait.

No one said they don't care about functionality they care when they're being told what they can and can not do this is why people like Microsoft products and why they sell.

This is Windows Mobile built from the ground up this is not your old WinMo all ties have been broken.

I'd like to mention that the specifications to even make a WinMo 7 phone are high quality hardware.
4 point multitouch screen at the minimum
GPS
a 5mp camera at the min.
The list goes on.

Look Yanike you were the one who flew off the handle and got so defensive if there is nothing to worry about then the market will see that won't they..

Idk Yanike not one of us will defend a Windows product as rabidly as you defend Apple products you either had too much kool aid or your on payroll but you need to relax.

The only thing that this WinMo7 phone does is match what the iPhone is doing now. People always want to mention something against the iPhone. Like the look can't change when it can (themes are available), like you can't multi-task when you can (google it) and the list goes on and on. People will jump quick to buy an iPhone Killer when the product sucks a$$. Every since the iPhone came out, all I've seen is every jumping to copycat it. I've tried ALOT of products and all fall short on what the iPhone can pull off. They can come close, but still can't beat it. Well, enough of this.

I can't wait to see the next post of an device that stills from Apple.

Yeah. I giving Apple respect. Not because this is an Apple forum, not because I'm a person that wants to say Apple rules!!!!, because Apple has made yet another product that every company didn't see coming and has tried their best to copy. Hate or Love Apple, but you can't deny that they do refine and make revolutionary products that every has to have a part of.

Apple, I can't wait to see the next iPhone. I know Microsoft and the others can't wait either. They need something to copy and make money with. They will even go as far as to say their product is your products killer. lol. Let's not go that far. What company would obviously use Apple's product's name or style, just to sell their own....

Uhm excuse me? Why do people feel the need to call a product Apple's style when it looks nothing like it?

This product looks nothing like Apple's iPhone.
The GUI is looks funner to use.
The media player is more refined and let me say it again funner to use.
Social integration kills the iPhone.
Xbox integration
iPhone is doing nothing like this.

iPhones GUI is dated.
The phones no longer have the wow effect.
They are ceding marketshare to competitors.

Oh they're just copying. Let me remind you that's called competition and a smart business strategy look at what your competitor releases and release a product that does what the other one doesn't exactly what has been done here and resulted in a better OS.

Its not any worse then Apple simply buying up the technology instead of making it themselves. Hell most of their software is made up other companies software that they bought.

Cover-flow
Multi-touch
etc

Look all i'm saying is that people will say any other company is just copying Apple. No matter what the product is. "OMG THE DEVICE IS A RECTANGLE" they are just copying Apple. "OMG IT HAS A WEB BROWSER" see this kind of view set does nothing more then get irritating and if no company was aloud to implement the same kind of ideas of another one we would have very little competition. People need to look at it this way. Apple will just have to try harder or Microsoft will just have to try harder. Not get upset that Apple may not sell as many units this year I know it gets people teary eyed and makes them cry themselves to sleep. OMG APPLE ONLY MADE 15 BILLION THIS QUARTER *cut cut cut*

Idk what Apple is shipping on their devices but I have never seen fanboys so rabid from any other camp.

Edited by InlineSkate, 16 February 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#25 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Microsoft is getting better and better since Zune HD come out. You must admit that iPhone's UI is outdated and quite similar to other smartphones in the market(all i can see in the main menu was icons.. icons.. icons.. all you can do is changed the icons and themes.. don't forget that regular handphones got it too not just smartphones).. WinP7 isn't like that at all.. the menu was quite awesome..

The thing with me is that I could careless on how a product looks. I'm sorry, but that's how companies fool you into buying their crap. I care more on how well the product runs and what I can do with it. I could careless if Apple changed the look or not. All I want to see is better specs and more features. I use different tech products every day and laugh. I get sick of people always downing a company that actually does something different & works and then go praises a company that didn't do anything until they see the other companies creation. Microsoft has had plenty of time before the iPhone to come out with their own phone. It's very shocking and disappointing to me to see that Apple managed to come late in the game and invent something that killed and changed how the industry made phones and people waited for other devices to come out (mainly ones they could get for dirt cheap) to just bash on Apple's products and praise the others knowing the iPhone, iPod and even now iPad Killers do nothing but kill themselves.

@Mods,
If you are going to continue to downrate my rep, just take the **** off. Seriously. I could careless if my rep was 0 or existed at all.

Edited by yanike, 16 February 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#26 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

The thing with me is that I could careless on how a product looks. I'm sorry, but that's how companies fool you into buying their crap. I care more on how well the product runs and what I can do with it. I could careless if Apple changed the look or not. All I want to see is better specs and more features. I use different tech products every day and laugh. I get sick of people always downing a company that actually does something different & works and then go praises a company that didn't do anything until they see the other companies creation. Microsoft has had plenty of time before the iPhone to come out with their own phone. It's very shocking and disappointing to me to see that Apple managed to come late in the game and invent something that killed and changed how the industry made phones and people waited for other devices to come out (mainly ones they could get for dirt cheap) to just bash on Apple's products and praise the others knowing the iPhone, iPod and even now iPad Killers do nothing but kill themselves.

@Mods,
If you are going to continue to downrate my rep, just take the **** off. Seriously. I could careless if my rep was 0 or existed at all.

So?

Let other companies test the water for you wait until their products come out and improve on them the consumer gets what they want.

#27 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

Let other companies test the water for you wait until their products come out and improve on them the consumer gets what they want.

A strategy every company follows. Still, not what I'm talking about here. I'm speaking on companies completely going off what another company did. When Apple released the iPhone, there was nothing like it. Almost everything about it was completely done in a new and different way from Windows Mobile, Palm and all the other devices. All I see from the WinMo7 phone is just a phone made by Microsoft done the Apple way. Nothing jaw dropping or anything that really excites me.

Edited by yanike, 16 February 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#28 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

A strategy every company follows. Still, not what I'm talking about here. I'm speaking on companies completely going off what another company did. When Apple released the iPhone, there was nothing like it. Almost everything about it was completely done in a new and different way from Windows Mobile, Palm and all the other devices. All I see from the WinMo7 phone is just a phone made by Microsoft done the Apple way. Nothing jaw dropping or anything that really excites me.

What here is done the Apple way? Its square and has a touchscreen the whole GUI is a whole new experience from that of Apple.

Edited by InlineSkate, 16 February 2010 - 04:30 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!