• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image

Learnbemobile managed to get photos of the interface for Windows Mobile 7, which will be unveiled in the hours ahead.

More Pics

Via Neowin

#2 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

And Video

http://www.1800pocke...s-mobile-7.html

#3 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

• 370 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

No...NO!! WHAT YOU DID WITH WINDOWS MOBILE?! Bustards!! Windows Mobile died on my eyes! R.I.P. Windows Mobile :cry:

#4 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Posted Image

Yeah. Waiting on the iPhone 4g now.

Edited by yanike, 15 February 2010 - 04:02 PM.

#5 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

Posted Image

I personally think this software combined with a good phone would blow the iPhone away.

Microsoft certainly has the better interface this time around.

#6 Ammarx

Ammarx

GeneralfeldmarschallROMMEL

• 934 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

Microsoft Blends Zune Media, Xbox Live Into New Phone OS

Posted Image

Edited by Ammarx, 15 February 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#7 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image

I personally think this software combined with a good phone would blow the iPhone away.

Uh no. Windows 7 Phone interface sucks. Looks more like an advertisement screen than user interface screen. Also, users are going to be doing a whole lot of thumb work to get to applications.

iPhone interface is beautiful, very simple and displays a lot more than Windows 7 crappy interface.

Windows 7 interface only diplays 7 items at a time from what it looks like with notifications and iPhone displays 20 items at a time with notifications. Also, you can easily see 16 other items with notifications by easily swiping the screen left and right on the iPhone.

iPhone
Posted Image

Like I said, waiting to see what iPhone 4g brings to the table. Because, iPhone now offers more than this Windows 7 Phone.

Edited by yanike, 15 February 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#8 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

Windows 7 Phone Interface = Wonderwall Interface

Not something I would like on a phone.

Edited by yanike, 15 February 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#9 binzoo

binzoo

Active WinMatrixian

• 447 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

Uh no. Windows 7 Phone interface sucks. Looks more like an advertisement screen than user interface screen. Also, users are going to be doing a whole lot of thumb work to get to applications.

iPhone interface is beautiful, very simple and displays a lot more than Windows 7 crappy interface.

Windows 7 interface only diplays 7 items at a time from what it looks like with notifications and iPhone displays 20 items at a time with notifications. Also, you can easily see 16 other items with notifications by easily swiping the screen left and right on the iPhone.

iPhone
Posted Image

Like I said, waiting to see what iPhone 4g brings to the table. Because, iPhone now offers more than this Windows 7 Phone.

The iPhone interface looks like a child's toy compared to WinMo7.

#10 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Windows 7 Phone Interface = Wonderwall Interface

Not something I would like on a phone.

I see winmo7 as trying to match up with their zune hd. That part you saw in the video that looks like wonderwall is just the "recent activity menu" like on the zune hd. If you saw the other menus in the video you'd notice that they match the common look zune/ms is looking for.

I'm assuming that revent activity menu is to serve as a home screnn for winmo based phones

#11 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

I like the UI.

#12 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

iPhone
Posted Image

LOL! No, WinMo7 looks more like a child's toy with those ugly bigger buttons. Looks like a phone made for barely blind. Face it. It will come out and won't even match the sales of iPhone or the functionality of it.

People here will praise it, because they are Windows lovers. The phone is just a cheap rip of the iPhone anyways. Just like all the rest. I also wonder how many times the phone will crash and you have to pull the battery out the back. Then let's wait for HTC to make the device better by creating features that takes from Apple's ideas.

The way I see it:

1. iPhone OS
2. Andriod
3. WebOS and Windows Mobiles

If you have money saved up, wait for the new iPhone. Don't get this device and regret it later. iPhone has wayyyy more useful applications and works great.

Edited by yanike, 15 February 2010 - 10:07 PM.

#13 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

While the Start "Home" screen seems ... Blocky? i guess, i DO like how the rest of the phone is after the initial screen. Seems like the integrated the Zune "os" in to it, and from what I have seen, that is, or can be, a good thing. I would like to remove the IE button, install a FireFox and use that, but that is just personal pref and nit picking.

again, dont care for the Home screen, rest of it seems to flow good. Looks like the Redmond team learned something from iPhone and Android! (it is called "Style" i believe :) )

#14 binzoo

binzoo

Active WinMatrixian

• 447 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

Posted Image

iPhone
Posted Image

LOL! No, WinMo7 looks more like a child's toy with those ugly bigger buttons. Looks like a phone made for barely blind. Face it. It will come out and won't even match the sales of iPhone or the functionality of it.

People here will praise it, because they are Windows lovers. The phone is just a cheap rip of the iPhone anyways. Just like all the rest. I also wonder how many times the phone will crash and you have to pull the battery out the back. Then let's wait for HTC to make the device better by creating features that takes from Apple's ideas.

The way I see it:

1. iPhone OS
2. Andriod

If you have money saved up, wait for the new iPhone. Don't get this device and regret it later. iPhone has wayyyy more useful applications and works great.

Those 'ugly' buttons(lol learn about minimalist design aesthetics) are live preview tiles, they serve more in functionality than lists of mostly useless apps. Face it, Apples app catalogue is run to screw people who want to customise their device to their liking. The only alternative is jail breaking and Apple has started to ban users who get caught doing it. Apple never reinvented the smart phone instead they just dumbed it down to appeal to the mass market. I have no problem with people buying something that suits them even if it's closed off by an insane approval system but when you compare it with other devices that actually try to encourage people to change their phone to suit them. Then your point is just lowly and sad.
Yeah people on the site praise the OS but this forum is called Winmatrix and most of the topics revolve around the Windows operating system. It's a silly argument to bring up; you might as well call out people in Apple favoured forums for praising Apple products but you don't because you can't seem to see anything beyond your own bias.
The WinMo7 OS looks nothing like the iPhone OS and it works in a different way, WinMo7 integrates nearly everything in the phone as a default while Apple likes to say, "There's an app for that... I hope." If they they ever open up the iPhone to proper customisation then I'll look into it but until then I'll be looking elsewhere.

Edited by binzoo, 15 February 2010 - 11:15 PM.

#15 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image

iPhone
Posted Image

Yes but the iPhone OS interface is boring old and dated. People generally get bored with the way their phone looks which is the main reason why people upgrade phones. More features different functionality different look. If Apple thinks they are going to be able to pull the same interface for the next 10 years and keep the majority interested they are sadly mistaken.

This phone will do more then iPhone OS.

Better social integration, A better media player, and Xbox integration.

#16 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:09 AM

Yup.. I think this is the best WinMo Microsoft ever made!! Zune's UI is one of the best interface i ever seen..

How about this one? I like it a lot but its for Andriod ;)

#17 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image

iPhone
Posted Image

The way I see it:

1. iPhone OS
2. Andriod

Those 'ugly' buttons(lol learn about minimalist design aesthetics) are live preview tiles, they serve more in functionality than lists of mostly useless apps. Face it, Apples app catalogue is run to screw people who want to customise their device to their liking. The only alternative is jail breaking and Apple has started to ban users who get caught doing it. Apple never reinvented the smart phone instead they just dumbed it down to appeal to the mass market. I have no problem with people buying something that suits them even if it's closed off by an insane approval system but when you compare it with other devices that actually try to encourage people to change their phone to suit them. Then your point is just lowly and sad.
Yeah people on the site praise the OS but this forum is called Winmatrix and most of the topics revolve around the Windows operating system. It's a silly argument to bring up; you might as well call out people in Apple favoured forums for praising Apple products but you don't because you can't seem to see anything beyond your own bias.
The WinMo7 OS looks nothing like the iPhone OS and it works in a different way, WinMo7 integrates nearly everything in the phone as a default while Apple likes to say, "There's an app for that... I hope." If they they ever open up the iPhone to proper customisation then I'll look into it but until then I'll be looking elsewhere.

iPhone has more powerful apps than Windows Mobile. Yes! You can find an app for just about anything. I don't like the fact that people will give an product more respect when it's sh**. You say Apple has dumbed down the system. So why is Microsoft, Palm, HTC, Samsung and others copying them?.... Come on... answer....

I like how you think I'm just so pro Apple. Like I haven't posted things for Windows. Simpleton. Also, I like the personal attack from out of nowhere. Thanks, but NO Thanks. The problem with you and others is that you will back a product, even if it is crap. I'm sorry if you come to WinMatrix to be all pro Windows and float your boat just to say Microsoft is the best at everything. Everyone knows Windows Mobile is junk. That's why everyone (Users and Developers) is all over iPhones and Andriods.

Also, when did Apple go after people that have jailbroken their iPhones and iPods?

To me, it sounds like you don't care about the phone's stability and functionality. All you want is a device, good or bad, you can throw a skin on and have widgets which you won't use after awhile. No matter how great a device is, it will suck to you if you can't customize the look to your own exact specifications. Sounds very idiotic to me.

So, this has nothing to do with the specs and useful apps. This has to do with the theme and home screens. No wonder you are such a GREAT Microsoft defender.

Edited by yanike, 16 February 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#18 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:51 AM

Completely difference to WM6.1 I'm using.

Microsoft is about to start the mobile platform war VS Google and Apple.

Let's who will win in the next year.

#19 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:52 AM

Posted Image

iPhone
Posted Image

Yes but the iPhone OS interface is boring old and dated. People generally get bored with the way their phone looks which is the main reason why people upgrade phones. More features different functionality different look. If Apple thinks they are going to be able to pull the same interface for the next 10 years and keep the majority interested they are sadly mistaken.

This phone will do more then iPhone OS.

Better social integration, A better media player, and Xbox integration.

The only thing that this WinMo7 phone does is match what the iPhone is doing now. People always want to mention something against the iPhone. Like the look can't change when it can (themes are available), like you can't multi-task when you can (google it) and the list goes on and on. People will jump quick to buy an iPhone Killer when the product sucks a$$. Ever since the iPhone came out, all I've seen is everyone jumping to copycat it. I've tried ALOT of products and all fall short on what the iPhone can pull off. They can come close, but still can't beat it. Well, enough of this.

I can't wait to see the next post of an device that steals from Apple.

Yeah. I'm giving Apple respect. Not because this is an Apple forum, not because I'm a person that wants to say Apple rules!!!!, because Apple has made yet another product that every company didn't see coming and has tried their best to copy. Hate or Love Apple, but you can't deny that they do refine and make revolutionary products that every has to have a part of.

Apple, I can't wait to see the next iPhone. I know Microsoft and the others can't wait either. They need something to copy and make money with. They will even go as far as to say their product is your products killer. lol. Let's not go that far. What company would obviously use Apple's product's name or style, just to sell their own....

Edited by yanike, 16 February 2010 - 03:05 PM.

#20 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:45 AM

Despite Yanike's comments - I still find the Win7 Mobile interface to be better (Graphically, of course).

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!