Windows 8 will be Completely Different!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 DiTECH

DiTECH

WinMatrix

• 228 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

In one of the posts on the MSDN Blogs, the product manager working along with the Windows Update team discussed about what's coming in the next version of Windows. The post appears to have now been removed by Microsoft.

But here is the extract:

Folks started asking me whats in Windows 8 – and the first thing I have to say is that I resonate Steven Sinofsky's interview on who said we're calling it Windows 8?

Posted Image

Posted Image

So what are our plans for this next version…

The minimum that folks can take for granted is that the next version will be something completely different from what folks usually expect of Windows

Microsoft to come up with a vision for Windows.next is a process that is surreal! The themes that have been floated truly reflect what people have been looking for years and it will change the way people think about PCs and the way they use them. It is the future of PCs…

Source :thewindowsclub.com

Edited by DiTECH, 10 February 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#2 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

If it's something like cloud computing I'm gonna be dissapointed. However, a complete overhaul of the UI would definitely be interesting. It'd be really cool to see something that looks like it's from one of those concept mockups people are always Photoshopping.

Edited by Elijah?, 10 February 2010 - 12:40 AM.

#3 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

Sounds lovely ! I really cant wait to see some mockups from Microsoft how the next OS will look like and how it will be. :woot:

#4 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

the next version will be something completely different

Something tells me this won't turn out too great.

#5 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

Exactly. It sounds like it'll piss off a lot of the normal consumers that are used to the same ol' Windows, but us tech-oriented people will probably love it.
I hope...

#6 hydroman

hydroman

WinMatrixian

• 236 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:51 AM

Exactly. It sounds like it'll piss off a lot of the normal consumers that are used to the same ol' Windows, but us tech-oriented people will probably love it.
I hope...

cough cough longhorn cough cough

#7 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

Oooo.. sounds interesting..

#8 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

Microsoft spokesperson had already said the same words before the launch of Vista.

#9 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Microsoft spokesperson had already said the same words before the launch of Vista.

And the launch turned out to be a complete failure.

#10 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

blah, atleast they didn't say it was revolutionary :D

#11 Aleksandr

Aleksandr

WinMatrixian

• 222 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

I just hope it will run on our PCs. Man, they better not make the next OS delayed like Vista. I think the delay of Vista made everyone so hyped up that by the time it was released on my birthday(Jan. 29), everyone either had one pirated or didn't want it at all. That was similar with my take on Vista, I used it, then got bored of it faster than when I had Windows 98. =P

#12 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

If this windows is Cloud biased, then it will be EPIC FAIL.

#13 theapu

theapu

BigB

• 575 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

If this windows is Cloud biased, then it will be EPIC FAIL.

Microsoft wont be that much stupid. I think they will release a normal version and a cloud version. Certainly they want to compete google chrom os

#14 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

usually when the -"its going to be completely different"- thing comes from microsoft, it means "we are going to mess it up" - like *cough* Vista*cough*

I just hope they dont ... :cry:

#15 Omegatron

Omegatron

WinMatrixian

• 62 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

Microsoft to come up with a vision for Windows.next is a process that is surreal!

:blink:

What does Microsoft and the Star Trek Movie franchise have in common... :whistle:

#16 Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

WinMatrixian

• 116 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

ahhhh it's a load of bullocks if you ask me. I mean what's the guy gonna say it's gonna be exactly the same, just with a couple of minor speed pick ups. Realistically, he has to say it's going to be revolutionary, otherwise who the hell is gonna get the product (except pirates and beta testers)

#17 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

ahhhh it's a load of bullocks if you ask me. I mean what's the guy gonna say it's gonna be exactly the same, just with a couple of minor speed pick ups. Realistically, he has to say it's going to be revolutionary, otherwise who the hell is gonna get the product (except pirates and beta testers)

You never know, Microsoft could surprise us this time. With 7 being a relatively minor update (in comparison to XP or Vista) I wouldn't be surprised if we see something completely different than what we're used to.

#18 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

I hope...

What if we don't like it either?

#19 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

If they are changing the Kernel in Windows 8, there are going to be a lot of non compatibility issues with things to start with, but I am all up for a complete overhaul of Windows, a fresh beginning, and if at the start nothing works with 8, we all still have a great OS called Windows 7 to use until they iron out all the creases

#20 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

I hope...

What if we don't like it either?

Well then Microsoft's really screwed up. Personally, I would love to see an overhauled UI, if that's what the guy was referring to.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!