• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

apple finally makes a device in an attempt to catch up with the rest of the world (remember, tablets with Vista / XP and netbooks ?), but somehow people say it is "revolutionary". And the OS is the iPhone OS? WTF? We should have been given atleast a useable version of OSX.

So the big question is this... iPad = next Apple Newton?

#22 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

yes it is a huge fail. Only a money flaunting fool would by that

LOL! What?!

This is great! Can you imagine the products that will be built for it.

It's a start in the right direction. No more mouse, hard keyboard or bulk laptop to carry.

Good job apple, but still needs better specs. They should have released it with one memory size for the low price.

with no multitasking and a crap iPhone OS (compared to competition), students can't even use this thing for note taking

I need to be able to multitask!lol! Why put a mobile phone OS on what is supposed to be a Tablet computer?? I figured when they announced this it would have Mac OS on it! I'd rather get a Tablet pc they run Windows 7 and have multitasking among other things!

#23 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

LOL! What?!

It's a start in the right direction. No more mouse, hard keyboard or bulk laptop to carry.

Good job apple, but still needs better specs. They should have released it with one memory size for the low price.

with no multitasking and a crap iPhone OS (compared to competition), students can't even use this thing for note taking

I need to be able to multitask!lol! Why put a mobile phone OS on what is supposed to be a Tablet computer?? I figured when they announced this it would have Mac OS on it! I'd rather get a Tablet pc they run Windows 7 and have multitasking among other things!

????

It's not an mobile phone OS. It pretty much the combination of OSX and iPhone OS. They rebuilt it to work with it.

Apple did a great job. The screen is only a 10 inch. I tried using an netbook. At first I love it until I had to start using bigger apps that where built for standard resolutions and not what netbooks offer.

Heck you all praise Ubuntu netbook OS. Give Apple a chance. At least there's is actually made for on-the-go use and doesn't require a mouse. You pull the iPad out and start using it. Simple as that. Give credit where credit is due.

Edited by yanike, 28 January 2010 - 12:42 AM.

#24 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

LOL! What?!

????

It's not an mobile phone OS. It pretty much the combination of OSX and iPhone OS. They rebuilt it to work with it.

Apple did a great job. The screen is only a 10 inch. I tried using an netbook. At first I love it until I had to start using bigger apps that where built for standard resolutions and not what netbooks offer.

Heck you all praise Ubuntu netbook OS. Give Apple a chance. At least there's is actually made for on-the-go use and doesn't require a mouse. You pull the iPad out and start using it. Simple as that. Give credit where credit is due.

Not to sound mean here, dont take it personal, but there IS NO Multitasking!!!!! ... So we have this pretty Os that has all of the multitasking abilities of DOS?

If i ever did get one, i woudl do my damnedest to hack it and put linux on it, and just use dosument viewer in, say, SFCE for reading books that have been turned in to PDFs. Or comic book archives.

Seriously, no multitasking is a huge, EPIC FAIL.

And form what i have read and understand, this is the Phone OS with a modded dock added in or something like that. no Real OSX.

#25 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:14 AM

Multitasking is a big HUGE loss. If anyone here says tehy don't do it, they're lying to you. There is no way I could be able to use this in a class like I do my laptop.

Second... Why, why, WHY would you run a cell OS on a tablet? Why not develop a Tablet OS/UI, similar to what Microsoft did for the ZuneHD.

At least the three slate devices shown at CES are running a full featured OS. That one fact alone makes them the smarter choice for people looking for more bang for their buck.

<------------ (Personally cannot wait for the HP Slate :woot: )

Edited by Frylock86, 28 January 2010 - 01:26 AM.

#26 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

See, honectly, If i was to get one, i would use it just for reading books / pdfs and my comic books archives. I dont need the accelemeter. the touchscreen is good for page slipping. i guess they keyboard could be good for typing in book mark names.

but this as ab good alt for a ibook (if that is what they are called) ... no. apple should just strip this down as a reader, leave in wifi, bluetooth and 3g.

#27 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

What are you all talking about. You can multi-task on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

It's called ProSwitcher
Posted Image

Posted Image

Works like palm and it free :)

Click here and I'll Google it for you

Edited by yanike, 28 January 2010 - 02:10 AM.

#28 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

<h3 class="r">ProSwitcher for Jailbreak</h3>
umm, you don't know if this version is JailBreak proof now do you?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!