• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DiTECH

DiTECH

WinMatrix

• 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

»What is an upgrade pack?

The WinFuture Update Pack is a collection of the most important patches, Microsoft has made available for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 for download.

Posted Image

These updates close loopholes in the operating system that may be exploited or could adversely affect system stability.

With our Update Pack, you have the ability to download all the patches at once and can then install automatically in turn.

»What versions are there and how do these differ?

Our update packs are available in two versions. These differ only by the number of patches and set the system requirements.

Full version - it includes all relevant patches that Microsoft has been available for download. Ideal if you want to bring one or more newly installed Windows operating systems on the most recent state without downloading the updates separately.

Upgrade - There are only released by Microsoft on the last patch-day updates included. This variant is ideal for systems that are installed, the latest edition of our Update Pack and you can get them from here.

Even if the patches were recorded in the previous month appeared on another path, you should choose this version. So Windows can be made without downloading the much larger full version to date.

»What conditions must be met?

To install our Update Pack, you must be in possession of a 32-bit Windows XP or Windows Vista operating system. For Windows 7, we offer jeweilse a 32-bit and 64-bit edition of. Please note that Windows XP must be installed at least Service Pack 2. Should this not be the case, denied the fix pack to start. However, we recommend that you install Service Pack 3 and then install from our Update Pack for Windows XP SP3.

Download for :

Windows XP SP3

Windows XP SP2

Windows Vista SP2

Windows Vista SP1

Windows 7 x86, x64

Source : winfuture.de

Edited by DiTECH, 18 January 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#2 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:44 AM

Don't get me wrong... but what's wrong with using the regular Windows Update? Why would somebody want to install another one :blink:

#3 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

Don't get me wrong... but what's wrong with using the regular Windows Update? Why would somebody want to install another one :blink:

Windows update takes forever, and on a clean install on XP and Vista thats like 80+ updates that you have to install and download one at a time and restart several times. This installs all of them in one shot.

#4 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

Windows update takes forever, and on a clean install on XP and Vista thats like 80+ updates that you have to install and download one at a time and restart several times. This installs all of them in one shot.

Um. Hasn't anyone heard of service packs? That's what they're meant for.

Download the installation file and burn it to a disk, that way you won't have to download them from WU.

#5 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

Not sure they won't harm my PC. :huh:

#6 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• 267 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:36 AM

Winfuture is well known in Germany with about 60,000 members.

#7 MeToo

MeToo

New WinMatrixian

• 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Get them fast. I doubt that Microsoft will allow this. Nobody is allowed to redistribute updates. Several authors have received a "Cease and desist" for doing the same. That is why programs like Autopatcher just distribute a script for you to download the updates yourself...

#8 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

No WGA validation? :lol:

#9 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

I also have to say, security wise, you'd be an idiot to install updates from any other source than WU. I don't see this lasting long...

#10 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 897 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

Pirates can now update Windows. :lol:

#11 Guest_doubletrance_*

Guest_doubletrance_*

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

isn't this the same as what "autopatcher" was?

#12 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 897 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

Yes

#13 theapu

theapu

BigB

• 575 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

It will be useful :whistle: ;)

#14 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

Nah, what the hell.. im having it too boring anyway.. so Windows Update will do fine.

#15 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• 267 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

This download packages are existing for years now. In Germany there are many webpages that provide such packs. :rolleyes:
I doubt there is anything illegal about it.

About security: as I said before this website is very popular, not international but in Germany it is. I made same practical work for an IT-company and I was even told to download the service packs from this site so that they can use them without a network connection. I'm sure they knew what they were doing.

Edited by maac, 19 January 2010 - 10:05 AM.

#16 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

lol, this download packages are existing for years now. In Germany there are many webpages that provide such packs. :rolleyes:

Do those update packs reduce the OS stability? I think reviews are needed to convince

more users (not only in Germany).

#17 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• 267 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

lol, this download packages are existing for years now. In Germany there are many webpages that provide such packs. :rolleyes:

Do those update packs reduce the OS stability? I think reviews are needed to convince

more users (not only in Germany).

I think this is what you mean, right?
Translated from FAQ

#3: What happens if I've already got a patch?
Basically each update included in the update pack will be installed. But if the installer notices that an update is already installed he will just skip it and go on with the next update.

source: http://www.winfuture...owtopic=42254#3

Edited by maac, 19 January 2010 - 10:29 AM.

#18 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

Do those update packs reduce the OS stability?

These are official updates. If you are downloading them from a trusted websites then you are good to go.

#19 PJAmerica

PJAmerica

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if this will work with English windows 7 use. Any advice?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!