• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

Google Chrome os is set to launch an early version of it's OS in a week. I saw it on G4, they credited Techcrunch and then I searched it up and came to this page

http://www.crn.com/s...HOSKH4ATMY32JVN

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 14 November 2009 - 06:59 PM.

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

yay! another form of linux for me to play with!

#3 DiTECH

DiTECH

WinMatrix

• 228 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

I agree with you, but believe me, this time things are different, because Google is too professional to make a simple Linux distribution here is some real screenshots,

http://winfuture.de/...pha-4194-1.html

#4 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

• 4,090 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

thats such a wierd look I dont like it

#5 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

I agree with you, but believe me, this time things are different, because Google is too professional to make a simple Linux distribution here is some real screenshots,

Looks very weird for me.. Why does chrome got a ying yang button? is that a custom or the actual one that they're going to released next week..

but they maintain the original mockup.. thats good.. i think..

#6 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:59 AM

I could have sworn that those screenshots were found to be fake.

Additionally, there was an accidental leak of a browser version of Chrome OS about a month ago.

Here's a link to the screenshot:

http://revolver360.f...hromeoshome.png

There's nothing really earth shattering about it. I think people have their expectations too high. Chrome OS is being targeted at netbooks.

But I guess we'll find out.

#7 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

• 4,090 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:59 AM

Looks very weird for me.. Why does chrome got a ying yang button? is that a custom or the actual one that they're going to released next week..

but they maintain the original mockup.. thats good.. i think..

Add on button, look a little closer in the screenshot

#8 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

My netbook is ready for Chrome OS to be installed in. :D

#9 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

Goodbye Jolicloud.

Hello Chrome OS :)

#10 cmkumar2k

cmkumar2k

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

good.... hopefully should have a good journey.... all the best

#11 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

Goodbye Moblin :D

#12 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

I could have sworn that those screenshots were found to be fake.

Additionally, there was an accidental leak of a browser version of Chrome OS about a month ago.

Here's a link to the screenshot:

http://revolver360.f...hromeoshome.png

There's nothing really earth shattering about it. I think people have their expectations too high. Chrome OS is being targeted at netbooks.

But I guess we'll find out.

No...a leaked version of the Google Chrome OS BROWSER was leaked. It required your own distro to install it.

#13 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

Gross, Linux.

#14 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

Most of the time, its the smaller or unknown Linux Distros that makes great innovations. Anyway, I don't mind another distro as long as it abides on what Linux is and was.

#15 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:05 AM

No...a leaked version of the Google Chrome OS BROWSER was leaked. It required your own distro to install it.

I know. I had it installed. Lets review what I said:

When installed, it had a battery icon and it displayed the time, as well as displayed the network configuration IIRC. Also, the picture I posted clearly shows that it's just a browser running inside a GNOME desktop. ;)

From what it looked like, it appeared to be a hint at what Chrome OS will look like, although probably with a bit more polish to it. I'm thinking it will look something like the browser that was leaked, minus the GNOME desktop seen in the screenshots.

But as I said, I guess we'll find out.

#16 hydroman

hydroman

WinMatrixian

• 236 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:54 AM

Gross, Linux.

ya know, when people read this, they realize how stupid you are for writing that.

#17 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:28 AM

I know. I had it installed. Lets review what I said:

When installed, it had a battery icon and it displayed the time, as well as displayed the network configuration IIRC. Also, the picture I posted clearly shows that it's just a browser running inside a GNOME desktop. ;)

From what it looked like, it appeared to be a hint at what Chrome OS will look like, although probably with a bit more polish to it. I'm thinking it will look something like the browser that was leaked, minus the GNOME desktop seen in the screenshots.

But as I said, I guess we'll find out.

I will leave it up to your implied superior intellect to see whats inherently wrong with a browser from an OS, and a browser version of an OS, which is what you said. Battery icons and network configuration an OS does not make.

Edited by adrynalyne, 16 November 2009 - 05:31 AM.

#18 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

I will leave it up to your implied superior intellect to see whats inherently wrong with a browser from an OS, and a browser version of an OS, which is what you said. Battery icons and network configuration an OS does not make.

*sigh* We're saying the same thing. I never said anything about the leaked browser being an OS. I was trying to say that Google took the front end of their OS, which appears to be mainly an browser with pertinent information shown (time, network info, battery life), and made it available as a web browser, as kind of a sneak peak so to speak. That's why I provided pictures. Why else would the time be shown in the top left hand corner of the screen, as well as battery life, if you have a battery, when this very same info is shown on the desktop of the distro that's being run?

But no, you'd rather get caught up in semantics than try to see what I was saying. If you want me to say that my wording wasn't exactly great, then fine. Your wording was better. Then again, at 6:00 AM, I'm not always all there in the head when typing... Regardless, I don't know why we're trying to argue when we're saying the same thing... :rolleyes:

Edited by The Flashing Fish, 16 November 2009 - 06:04 AM.

#19 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:56 AM

google chrome os is real? Thought it was rumorware.

#20 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

^ Everything you read about Google is real, like Google Browser, Google OS, Gdrive, "Google Taking Over The World"..

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!