IE8: Ad blocking with the InPrivate Filter

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 poolsharkzz

poolsharkzz

XP - 'till the world blows up!

• 403 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

I was over at Paul Thurrott's "SuperSite for Windows" today and while browsing through his Blog Archive, I found this very interesting Article:

IE8: Ad blocking with the InPrivate Filter

The Article describes how to go about using IE 8's InPrivate Filtering as a built-in Ad Blocking and Filtering feature - and how this guy from DSL Reports.com has compiled an XML file of the blocked URL's for InPrivate Filtering from the Adblock Plus List.

IE8 InPrivate Filter from Adblock Plus list

There is also a registry setting you can use so when you fire-up Internet Explorer, the InPrivate Filtering will automatically start without having to be enabled manually every time the browser is started.

Adblock Plus Home Page

I guess this guy from DSL Reports.com is also going to update the list from time to time. I'd like to see someone come up with a program like HostsMan that will update his custom XML File either on demand or via schedule similar to what HostsMan does with the Hosts File - making the whole process a no-brainer.

This is just another level of protection and security for Internet Explorer - proving yet once again that Microsoft does get it right once in a while...

Kudos and acclamation to one of the best ideas for IE since the Host File! Attached File  Flowers.gif   7.44K   0 downloads

poolsharkzz

Attached File  disco.gif   5.13K   0 downloads Attached File  assshake.gif   2.03K   2 downloads Attached File  banana.gif   1.57K   0 downloads Attached File  bandevil.gif   2.76K   0 downloads Attached File  cheer.gif   13.4K   0 downloads Attached File  elephant.gif   1.36K   0 downloads

Edited by poolsharkzz, 27 October 2009 - 09:11 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!