Apple 3 new spots : "Get a MAC" against Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 DiTECH

DiTECH

WinMatrix

• 228 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

Last week we learned that Apple was preparing a campaign to counter the release of Windows 7. Philip W. Schiller, vice president of marketing at Apple, and had said that this was "an excellent opportunity." He also recalled that the upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 would be laborious because it would require to safeguard their files, format your hard drive before installing the system and its programs without ensuring compatibility of the latter. "If you do that, then why not just buy a Mac? "He added.

The firm has Steve Jobs as well as publishing three new spots in the series Get a Mac. The first clip mocks Microsoft assurance on the quality of its new operating system to a hackneyed speech each new version of Windows. The two spots below present users of Windows XP about to update their system, not to Windows 7 but not on Mac OS X that would be in pole position for customer satisfaction.

This new campaign will certainly continue to fuel the eternal debate between the two sides embodied by the two iconic characters chosen by Apple.

Source : clubic.com

Edited by DiTECH, 23 October 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#2 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

Apple: Quick scare people from doing a simple upgrade! We need more people to get Leopard!

Face it: Windows 7 is a crazy simple yet efficient OS that people ACTUALLY like, and that scares the crap out of Apple.

#3 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Interesting how they are hinging their entire campaign, not on features, just on a vote of customer satisfaction.

Wait till the switchers get ahold of a genius bar bill when Apple fails to honor a warranty ;) I bet those don't make part of the csat survey.

Edited by adrynalyne, 23 October 2009 - 02:22 PM.

#4 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hmm.. a little bit hilarous but getting bored now.. does Apple make ads about the new Snow Leopard feature? i didn't see any.. they should take MS as an example, their campaign for Windows 7 is almost successful compared to Vista..

#5 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

How about the delete all your data feature of Snow Leopard ;)

#6 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

I think Microsoft should make an ad targeting a mac. Asking users who wanna upgrade to Snow Leopard what new features they're gonna get. Can they control their home TVs with a mac, can they plug in any device and does it get detected etc

#7 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

How about the delete all your data feature of Snow Leopard ;)

I love that feature!!
I'm sure the genious bar helpers will too :D

I love how all three commercials said the same thing :/

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 23 October 2009 - 07:22 PM.

#8 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• Validating
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

lol, it's getting kind of annoying.

#9 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

As "innovative" as Apple is, they still can only fight one battle at a time. The feedback MS got from testers was incredible and Apple knows that, so they just have to hope the general public doesn't know it.

Edited by CommonSense, 23 October 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#10 DiTECH

DiTECH

WinMatrix

• 228 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

I loved the first commercial, Trust me hahaha

#11 Genius314

Genius314

WinMatrixian

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

Let's see here...

Video 1:
Great, so basically what they're saying is that Windows gets better with each version. As opposed to OS X, which is so superior to bugs that each new version is just a $30 blank CD.
Also, what happened to Windows 3 in the commercial? I guess it never existed. :P

Video 2:
"What I know is pain and frustration... well, at least that's what those Apple commercials said."

Video 3:
"We're all moving our stuff, anyway, so instead of spending $100 or so on Windows 7, why not spend $2000 on a Mac?"

Makes perfect sense. I guess Apple doesn't have any more useful features to brag about, so now all they can do is make fun of PC.
It's like a political campaign, except there's no hope of an election day, when you finally stop seeing such slanderous commercials. :no:

#12 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

It's really starting to piss me off how MS has NEVER went after Macs but just advertise based on their system while almost or all Mac commercials are targeting Windows specifically and as mentioned above, are basing it on "customer satisfaction".

#13 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

It's really starting to piss me off how MS has NEVER went after Macs but just advertise based on their system while almost or all Mac commercials are targeting Windows specifically and as mentioned above, are basing it on "customer satisfaction".

Because at the end of the day Mac owns 10% of the market, so let them keep their sliver of nothing Microsoft still remains the leader, why waste money on attacking and lowering yourself to Apple's standard when you dont have to? <_<

#14 xaznx2345

xaznx2345

WinMatrixian

• 136 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

^couldn't say it any better. but I am really getting annoyed of their ads not advertising their own features of their product..

#15 WizardCM

WizardCM

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

Being the same rude selves as usual. But they have one major flaw. :lol:

Ok, it might be a bit hard to upgrade from XP to 7, but it's even harder to move to a Mac. You can't just use Windows Easy Transfer on Mac, because it doesn't exist. :P

HAHAHAHA! I outsmarted Apple because:

I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea! :D

#16 Genius314

Genius314

WinMatrixian

• 192 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

HAHAHAHA! I outsmarted Apple because:

I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea! :D

Hm...
"I'm a Mac, and OS X is copyright 1999-2009 by Apple Inc, All Rights Reserved."

#17 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:54 AM

Customer Satisfaction?

What the heck.

#18 binzoo

binzoo

Active WinMatrixian

• 447 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

*Sigh same shit different day, thanks for the bore apple.

#19 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

The Greatest Form of Complexity is Simplicity

• 484 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

M$ knows people with MACs can still install Windows, so what's the point of attacking Apple. Why not use the resources to tell the world how great your product is, instead. M$ is, afterall, a software company, while Apple is a hardware company. Why do you think Apple wouldn't release their OS? Apple wants people to buy their hardware, so they have to convince people that OSX is better. M$, on the other hand, don't really care because Windows can be installed on any machine. Very smart marketing, if you ask me.

#20 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:09 PM

I don't think this ad helps Mac's marketing share. It's like when you are a kid, you asked your parents to buy a firetruck, but they gave you a barbie doll.

Edited by coldemone, 24 October 2009 - 03:10 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!