Steve Ballmer Unveils Windows 7 on the Today Show

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

i can afford but dont want mac. happy with win and linux... :)

#22 richluk

richluk

WinMatrixian

• 72 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

most japanese use macs.

#23 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

haha.. same here.. mac is good looking.. but i prefer buy alienware laptop than a mac.. better buy a powerful laptop/pc that could last years after years without upgrading..

#24 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Ballmer said 9 out of 10 people in America, probably true for the rest of the world, use PC, but he didn't mention that they probably use it because they can't afford a MAC. I'd bet 9/10 people here, @ winmatrix, would love to use MACs if they can afford it.

And I bet that more people would rather spend more money on a PC than buy a mac.

#25 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

Ballmer said 9 out of 10 people in America, probably true for the rest of the world, use PC, but he didn't mention that they probably use it because they can't afford a MAC. I'd bet 9/10 people here, @ winmatrix, would love to use MACs if they can afford it.

And yet, most of them would end up using Windows on Mac too, through Boot Camp.

#26 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

most japanese use macs.

Can you back that up with any solid data?

#27 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

Gotta love how off track topics get here on WM, its wonderful.

#28 poolsharkzz

poolsharkzz

XP - 'till the world blows up!

• 403 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

No, I just think you are an idiot for making such a lame ass comment.

Fanboys sure, but don't bring your homosexual tendencies into the conversation.

No, I do not feel that I am lumped into that group, considering I use Windows 7, Vista, OS X, Ubuntu, and Arch.

"No, I just think you are an idiot for making such a lame ass comment."

"Fanboys sure, but don't bring your homosexual tendencies into the conversation"

Agree - 1000%

As for "The Fish" and his...

brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb, dummy, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, laughable, loser, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, and witless comments...

Well, all I can say is that you have to look at the source.

poolsharkzz

Windows - 'till the world blows up!

Attached File  Confused.gif   4.74K   0 downloads Attached File  Idiot.gif   10.45K   0 downloads Attached File  Weird.gif   18.04K   0 downloads

Edited by poolsharkzz, 24 October 2009 - 01:50 AM.

#29 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Vote for close? This flaming really isnt doing anyone any good... its just some members doing the usual stuff, not cool.

#30 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

Better yet. Delete all comments from Flacid Fish's comment all the way down, and let the thread go how it is supposed to.

#31 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

adrynalyne and Fish and have been warned. let this be a lesson to all. using sexually suggestive foul language will get your privalages revoked for 24 hours, or worse, banned.

#32 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

I would much rather use my current PC than the top of the line Mac. The reason is simply compatibility, most things I run don't work with Macs, thus I have absolutely no need for one.

#33 poolsharkzz

poolsharkzz

• 403 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

Better yet. Delete all comments from Flacid Fish's comment all the way down, and let the thread go how it is supposed to.

Agree - That guy pulls this garbage all the time!

It's like he is purposefully looking for a racid argument versus having a decent debate - it's either to pick a fight or engage the topic in a negative way.

Why? I don't know, but I have a great idea...

Let's go fishin!

Attached File  fishing.gif   15.75K   0 downloads

My vote is to delete all rude comments made from our ocean-dwelling friend and continue with the thread.

poolsharkzz

Attached File  ice.gif   31.86K   0 downloads

Edited by poolsharkzz, 24 October 2009 - 02:04 AM.

#34 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

Wow what did this thread turn into! i had a mac. hardware sucks, OS is nice. I prefer having something where i can upgrade the hardware when I want to. can't do it on a Mac. I have 2 desktop PCs. one of them is homemade and the other is an HP, but it doesn't have any of the original parts in it. I've done a lot of upgrades on it!

#35 poolsharkzz

poolsharkzz

• 403 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

I used to have an Mac years ago - while using it felt like I was doing everything backwards - like Metric Tools versus "Regular Tools" or Chevy - Ford versus Mopar...

Typically in the corporate world, I have seen mostly PC workstations - execpt if you work for an Advertising or Marketing Agency, then you will see a bunch of hard-core Macs used by the designers and programmers.

Administration and Account Execs sometimes used Macs but mostly they use PCs with their spiffy, sexy Laptops or Notebooks for presentations.

and all were fully updated, secure, tweaked, tuned, and customized thanks to me!

poolsharkzz

Attached File  penguin.gif   52.37K   0 downloads

Edited by poolsharkzz, 24 October 2009 - 02:09 AM.

#36 thorden

thorden

Active WinMatrixian

• 291 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:28 AM

Every time I see Apple vs. Microsoft comments I ask myself are they getting paid by those companies?
I use windows. Why? Cuz I like it and cuz I'm used to it.
Can I afford a Mac? Yes.

It's like why are you wearing that t-shirt and not that other one. Why? Cuz I like it.
Can someone else like that other t-shirt? Sure why not.

Don't argue about others interests. You like what you like? Cool, but keep it for yourself and respect others. ;)

#37 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:14 AM

^At last.. A reasonable comment.. This is what i've waiting for.. Everyone got their own interests, its like your style and you shouldn't change other people style just because you don't like it .. Next time just tell others what you like and don't give bad comments about other people interests.. This is why the flame war started..

#38 Guest_Ian_*

Guest_Ian_*

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

I switched to Mac a couple of years ago, never looked back, and now I can run any software for any operating system. Of course I choose the system that gives me least hassle and lets me get on with what I'm doing. As a rule, that is OSX, but I do plan to get a copy of W7 one day to run on my Macbook Pro. I have do Vista now but I rarely use it.

One thing I have noticed is numerous articles about the process, yes an actual process, to check if you can run Windows 7! Plus there is the fact that the version of Windows that equals Mac OSX is $200. How much is Snow Leopard? $30? Macs are so expensive aren't they?!

Have you seen the Today Show video where Steve Ballmer was interviewed about the launch of Windows 7? That is the Today Show on MSNBC, co-owned by Microsoft, and in that interview in the background the biggest picture is of a Macbook Pro!!

#39 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

The Greatest Form of Complexity is Simplicity

• 484 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Am I that 1/10 person? :lol:

probably.

------------------------------

lmao. 1 comment about M$ and fanboys jumped in like it's free cake day.

bottom line is 9/10, or 90%, don't use MAC is because of the price.

Edited by MaximusAxis, 24 October 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#40 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

Uh hmm. No.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!