• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

I read this from http://www.linuxhaxor.net/?p=1441

1) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you actually enjoy paying for an operating system that is so mired with bugs and issues that it shouldn’t be even released as an alpha build. What recession?

2) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… change is always scary. Look at Obama, he scares the shit out of me. I voted for him but he always talks about change and change is always scary even if that change will make things better.

3) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… the only thing you use your computer is to play games. I mean people still use computer for anything other than games?

4) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… You love to dedicate one whole day of your week just for scanning purposes. Anti-virus scan – Spyware Scan – Defragmentation scan – Registry Scan & defrag. What Fun!

5) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… You love to pay for Anti-virus/spywares (with yearly subscription renewal) for protection that the OS should provide you in the first place. Even though Windows Defender does a fabulous job, its just not there yet.

6) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… most people use Windows. If most people use windows it must be good!

7) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you realize that nothing lasts forever. Eventually your windows will succumb to a BSOD, while Linux has its version of kernel panic, you might have to wait couple of years to experience it, if at all.

8) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you LOVE Internet Explorer and you can only use the latest version of Internet explorer on windows. Imagine going online without IE?

9) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you have to be a geek to use Linux and we all know that geeks don’t have girlfriend.

10) Last but not least. You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you don’t want to be a conformist and do what everyone tells you to do. You want to be unique, which is why you want to use windows. Oh wait...

#2 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

9) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you have to be a geek to use Linux and we all know that geeks don’t have girlfriend.

that's actually a good reason... not the Linux for geeks, but the girlfriend...

Edited by coldemone, 09 October 2009 - 01:18 PM.

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

that's actually a good reason... not the Linux for geeks, but the girlfriend...

are you kidding? i am a huge linux geek, and i got married to my girlfriend...

#4 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

I have my own reason: You shouldn't switch to Linux because its not up to par when compared to Windows 7 and Snow Leopard in terms of user friendliness and usability.

#5 navy

navy

WinMatrixian

• 91 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

4) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… You love to dedicate one whole day of your week just for scanning purposes. Anti-virus scan – Spyware Scan – Defragmentation scan – Registry Scan & defrag. What Fun! :o

that aint fun !

#6 gergux

gergux

Pirate = Noob Human

• 363 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

4) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… You love to dedicate one whole day of your week just for scanning purposes. Anti-virus scan – Spyware Scan – Defragmentation scan – Registry Scan & defrag. What Fun! :o

that aint fun !

Is exactly why I am making my children use Linux! Saves me time and aggravation.... #1 offender of getting Viruses and spyware are Unexperienced users (Old Farts and Kids!)

#7 LonghornGT

LonghornGT

Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

• 370 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

1) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you actually enjoy paying for an operating system

In USA, not in other countries. Believe me.

#8 ShadowCoder

ShadowCoder

xIntegrated Technologies

• 315 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

7) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… you realize that nothing lasts forever. Eventually your windows will succumb to a BSOD, while Linux has its version of kernel panic, you might have to wait couple of years to experience it, if at all.

That's kind of funny. The first time I ever tried to install linux on my laptop, It installed and when I restarted to try to use it, I got the kernel panic screen.

#9 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

4) You shouldn't switch to Linux because… You love to dedicate one whole day of your week just for scanning purposes. Anti-virus scan – Spyware Scan – Defragmentation scan – Registry Scan & defrag. What Fun!

but but I <3 running scans :P...not really

10) Last but not least. You shouldn't switch to Linux because… you don't want to be a conformist and do what everyone tells you to do. You want to be unique, which is why you want to use windows. Oh wait...

Haha That made me laugh.

#10 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Haha..

3) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… theonly thing you use your computer is to play games. I mean people stilluse computer for anything other than games?

This is an old story, Linux now can play Windows Games, using Wine or PlayOnLinux. I hope online Linux can support more MMO games.

8) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… youLOVE Internet Explorer and you can only use the latest version ofInternet explorer on windows. Imagine going online without IE?

Who love IE here? :ph34r:

#11 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

3) You shouldn’t switch to Linux because… the only thing you use your computer is to play games. I mean people still use computer for anything other than games?

Agreed :lol: I check my mails, search, surf on my phone. I turn on my PC just to play games.

#12 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

This is an old story, Linux now can play Windows Games, using Wine or PlayOnLinux. I hope online Linux can support more MMO games.

If you're lucky you can get Wine to work properly without any performance decrease and with all the visual features you love and enjoy in Windows...

#13 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

That's kind of funny. The first time I ever tried to install linux on my laptop, It installed and when I restarted to try to use it, I got the kernel panic screen.

ROFL! for some reason, with this coming from you, i believe it.

#14 gergux

gergux

Pirate = Noob Human

• 363 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

ROFL! for some reason, with this coming from you, i believe it.

I had that happen to, but that was Back in 97 with RHL 4.2....... :huh:

#15 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

If you're lucky you can get Wine to work properly without any performance decrease and with all the visual features you love and enjoy in Windows...

I think it depends on the hardware. With powerful rig, i think you wouldn't notice it..

Kernel panic? i've never seen it before in my ubuntu except when trying to install iDeneb on my pc :P

#16 Genius314

Genius314

WinMatrixian

• 192 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:53 AM

I think it depends on the hardware. With powerful rig, i think you wouldn't notice it..

"Depends on the hardware."
Now it's starting to sound like Vista: "It runs well if you have a powerful enough computer." :P

#17 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:06 AM

^All games are like that and that includes XP. All the "recommended requirements" are not enough to play games smoothly or using high settings ;)

But it is better than Mac, i think. Because we don't have to port games and there is a service that allow you to play games on Mac, but you need to pay for it. but for Linux, its free except the original game. ;)

#18 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:36 AM

I don't recon he/she thought of Se7en when this was written, but then I managed to BSOD win 7 RTM twice so its still quite possible that he/she did.

I got that once with Solaris. Had some trouble with my RAM. But I only managed a screwed up Grub in Linux. The first time I tried to edit the menu.lst (On Debian Etch RC version), I unfortunately committed a very n00b mistake (the exact details I shall take to my grave :P), but its just so damn easy to pop a live CD (Knoppix) in and correct things that I never once panicked (Offcourse, I did have help at hand, a college friend of mine who had already been linfreak(debfreak really) for a couple of years).

#19 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:37 AM

This is a funny one, found it inside giz

Linux is an Evil and Uncompassionate OS
Posted Image

Edited by zool, 10 October 2009 - 04:40 AM.

#20 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:08 AM

This is a funny one, found it inside giz

Linux is an Evil and Uncompassionate OS
Posted Image

That's funny. :lol:

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!