26 replies to this topic

#21 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

@xsever
Oh believe me, you're clear haha.

And again, I understand. I just doubt my perspective will change seeing as to how I take this, everything I do to my body, in all seriousness. I only get angry when people get utterly retarded things in a non-sober state of mind. Can you tell me your age also? It might better explain the shift of opinions we have. And better add to this report I'm doing ;)

Everything we do doesn't have to better our being. It's like I said before, it's more of a comfort to your physical outlook. Although many people don't like it, I know others that keep it for themselves. And what do you think of me, as a person, knowing that I have piercings in another place that isn't my ears? Not only that, we do many things that don't benefit ourselves in any way. Like waste money on unneeded things, judge people incessantly, and a few more things I can't think of because I just woke upppp.

@fediaFedia
The attraction thing is a perception and part of the state of mind in a person. What you think of one thing, will completely be different to another. In regards to that picture, yes it is much, but as I said before body modifications are a way of life. It's permanent, the art stays with you.

@Ace Starr
You're not so late! Good job dropping in! :D
Thank you, I respect everyone's view on this that's replied so far.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the perception of strangers. But you're right about me not caring too much. Why should I care about the thoughts of others and their stance on me? You can think whatever it is you like, but I'll always leave my buddy options open to you, despite your looks. It's the mentality of a person that gets me. After actually talking to me, what do you think of me now? Besides still being sort of a kook and all :P

I'm also quite the naturalist. People tend to automatically link piercings to industrialism and that isn't the case for me, although I will admit to adoring the fashion of steampunk. Everything about me is pretty much "normal", except for the added in monroes and my stretched ears. If an elephant painted itself blue I would think "WOOOOAHHHH." Hahaha.
You don't have to date them, I just wonder if most of you guys would befriend them ;P I don't think you're a hypocrite, unless you do have tattoos and a piercing?

&OFFTOPICREPLY: That sounds like an amazing story.

@Abhi
Haha, piercings and tattoos aren't supposed to have a ctrl+z in the first place ;)
Like I said, it's meant to become a way of life and those who try to get laser surgery for aesthetic purposes over time and worrying about the tattoo getting wrinkly, obviously was not meant to have them in the first place. Your input is good though and it is true about the job offers to good deals.

Don't you think society places too much values in looks?

#22 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

@ Linda

Check your inbox.

#23 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

^Checked, replied :P

Edited by Linda V, 20 September 2009 - 04:51 PM.

#24 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

New Avatar. Your appearance now is a bit gothic. :P

#25 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

^Hahahahah, believe me, I'm not ;P

#26 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

Why should I care about the thoughts of others and their stance on me?

Exactly.

You can think whatever it is you like, but I'll always leave my buddy options open to you, despite your looks.

So will I. Only, looks are paramount when it comes to dating. Any man who says he doesn't think looks are important is either lying or blind. So while I may not date a gal with pierced tongue, I have no reservations befriending one.

After actually talking to me, what do you think of me now? Besides still being sort of a kook and all :P

Ultra mega dangerously cool kook. (watch out for dynamites ) :rolleyes: But also bold, honest and anti-establishment (like me :P).
I agree, that the society's image of cigarette obsessed, alcoholic, drug addicted teenager when they come across these body mods is totally wrong needs to change.

People tend to automatically link piercings to industrialism

I don't. I only brought up the issue of being a naturalist because well, I hate changes to things natural (skin being one of them).

although I will admit to adoring the fashion of steampunk

who doesn't. :P

If an elephant painted itself blue I would think "WOOOOAHHHH."

What I was trying to point out was that people have these notions of how things should be, and drastic changes really upsets them. (Off course, I would love to see a blue elephant myself :D)

You don't have to date them, I just wonder if most of you guys would befriend them ;P I don't think you're a hypocrite, unless you do have tattoos and a piercing?

Nope! All 'clean'. That is, if you are willing to ignore some scars from 12, 13 years of cricket and 3 years of hockey. I said that, because I was okay with nose and ear piercing but not so much with tongue or any other part. But then, that might make most my countrymen hypocrites, because a majority share my view. (Abhi for example).

@ Fedia:
I wouldn't wanna be in the same country as this guy. He makes me sick. (That warning kinda works against its purpose - human curiosity)

Edited by Ace Starr, 21 September 2009 - 06:55 AM.

#27 Guest_Tattoos For Girls_*

Guest_Tattoos For Girls_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hi : )
Why is it that women and men (society in general) still pre-judge people who have tats. girls commonly?
I am a 26 year old F, have 11 tattoos, most of which can not be seen on my daily travels. Five To Six during the summer are pretty much constantly on display. I do not strive for notice and I have a loving boyfriend Without Any TATTOOS .I get the impression that numerous people believe that tattooed persons are blind, once we get stared at, even when we return a glance people carry on looking. When will society improve?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!