• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stylermike

Stylermike

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

In regard to Windows 7, I came across this interesting piece of information: When hovering over the icons in the taskbar, the color highlight of the “glass” button is actually different from application to application. How it works is dynamically abstracting the color values of the application icon to find the most dominant RGB value. Besides the obvious eye-candy, this feature delivers some sentimental value by making it easy to identify applications by color.

This is exciting, not because of the feature, but because the fact that something like this is there. If something like has been thought of and implemented at this point in time, then imagine what’s coming in 12 months. As a sign of even greater attention to detail, the “highlight” glow even moves around with your cursor.

It would be so awesome and ultra cool if someone could find a way to port this over to Vista, either as part of a Visual Style theme, or a separate program or application. Maybe it is not possible at this point, maybe later? Also, if I am not mistaken, if you want to use jump lists in Vista, you can use a program called, "Sbar" which simulates the Windows 7
Superbar, and some other features.
Anyway, this is a supercool website and I am enjoying checking things out. Take care, everyone.

#2 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

Yea the icon colorization really nice and woul make vista look awesome since the taskbar is dark though I would rather it pick the closest color and have it neon it would look better, like for an application icon like the my computer instead of that bland blue it jsut uses neon blue.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!