• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 somedood

somedood

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

Mac less secure than Windows?Damn their commercials saying the exact opposite and bashing Windows.Fuckin' liars.

Edited by somedood, 17 September 2009 - 10:56 PM.

#22 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

Mac less secure than Windows?Damn their commercials saying the exact opposite and bashing Windows.Fuckin' liars.

It's not exactly new news. Macs have been hacked first in the last few Pwn2Own competitions. But it is normally though some hole in Adobe's Flash Player. Either way, there is no safe OS, unless you are smart about what you do and where you browse. It's pathetic though to be less secure than Windows when your OS is based on UNIX, so Apple has to step up their security because they are gaining ground in the market and will soon be the next target for hackers and malware coders.

#23 deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me

WinMatrixian

• 108 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

Mac with less viruses sells less than Windows with more viruses :) .. and still mac reclaims the crown for the most hackable OS every now and then .. go Mac ..

#24 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

Mac with less viruses sells less than Windows with more viruses :) .. and still mac reclaims the crown for the most hackable OS every now and then .. go Mac ..

Since when does Windows sell with viruses? <_<

#25 kr09u7

kr09u7

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:36 AM

LOL.Both systems are good.And anyone saying there's no virus on mac they are false.(there are a 'very few' unlucky mac users that have been affected by virus).Though most viruses come from their mac's sharing files from pc's :P .And apple admitted themselves that they didn't change much in SL so it's no big deal.

As for the windows vs. Mac vs. linux/unix/solaris, I prefer macrokernel os's(sadly there's no macrokernel open-source operating systems, so that means I prefer macs(blushing).I wish they were open-source though).But all os's have their places and are performs some stuffss better than others.So to the fanboys, stop trolling and go get a life(no offense to anyone ;) )

#26 kr09u7

kr09u7

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

Hm. A nice guy commented on that article so i'm quoting him:

"Hi Guys, I think there is a little misunderstanding: Miller it talking about hackers' attacks, which cannot be considered as a single user/final user problem. By this point of view, anyone knows that Apple OS is not affected by any viruses problem (which instead is the major problem with Microsoft OS). Hacker is a server/web server problem, but honestly I see no reasons to use Apple OS (or Microsoft OS) for a server, instead of Unix/Linux." :yes:

Edit:sorry I didn't notice the time :cry: Really sorry.But I didn't find a delete msg button....sorry again...won't happen again :no:

Edited by kr09u7, 22 October 2009 - 12:56 PM.

#27 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Two things.

1. There is an EDIT button, use it.
2. Don't bump a 1 month old thread, the discussion is over.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!