Mac Fanboy turns into Windows 7 Fanboy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Plz don't turn this thread into a flamewar.

#22 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

@FalseAgent,
Duh! It's no secret that you don't like me. I can really careless about you and some others as well.
WOW! You are an idiot! LOL! I always tell about both. You just hate that Windows isn't as good as it should be. I recently gave props to Microsoft on how great Windows 7 is. Where have you been?! Stick your head out of Microsoft's butt.

I thought you were mature?
- you made an stupid assumption that I "just hate that Windows isn't as good as it should be". Seriously, where did that one come from?
- I never told you to stick you head out of Apple's butt, and I still haven't. It's called respect.
- Munkypoo7 agrees with me, and my post has been VOTED UP 6 times. They aren't... "meaningless points" just because voting up a post happens to increase your rep too. L2forumexperience

you are seriously just really hardened up in the head. and no, you NEVER tell about both. In fact, I think you're the most biased member of WM ever, bringing up irrelevant stuff, creating useless threads, and making unjustified points in every single post.

Windows 7 is great, but when newsletters get released like this, there's only one place for them... Trash!

and only god knows why they belong in the trash, right? Yet another unjustified point.

Honestly :)

Windows 7 - The best OS Microsoft has released to date.

Windows Vista - Was pretty much Windows 7 beta release that you had to pay for.

You have to be crazy not to get Windows 7. There's a lot of fixes in it that just shine in so many areas. Windows Live and other apps run like a dream on it. To be honest, if Microsoft keeps improving their apps, Apple will have a big problem. It's almost to a point that Windows 7 is offering an complete system experience like OSX. In a year, if Microsoft puts more of our money in their development than advertising, we will see a great leap in application quality and a variety of Microsoft apps and products. Also, Microsoft offers their Live, MyPhone and other services for free. It's like Microsoft's way of giving back to their customers for buying their expensive OS and other products. Somewhat +1 above Apple, because Apple is giving their new OS to Leopard users for $29 bucks. In the past few months, I have grown more respect for Microsoft for stepping their game up and going lightspeed in the right direction. Hopefully in a year, we will see Microsoft giving the same level of quality and performance that Apple gives and more with their apps and products. Again, not saying that Microsoft doesn't have anything that beats Apple, because some of Microsoft's and their 3rd party's products shine over Apple's as well.

i've been here, and i've seen.

It's almost to a point that Windows 7 is offering an complete system experience like OSX.

if Microsoft puts more of our money in their development than advertising

It's like Microsoft's way of giving back to their customers for buying their expensive OS and other products.

Hopefully in a year, we will see Microsoft giving the same level of quality and performance that Apple gives and more with their apps and products.

you call that giving props?
what the hell dude.

@Gragier_521
don't worry, this won't be a flamewar. I'm a very patient and composed guy. If this turns into a flamewar, i'd be ready to bet it wouldn't have been me adding fuel to the fire. In any case, i'm sorry man. I'm pretty sure many people here in WM knows what yanike is like anyway; and personally, i've had enough. (I wonder if the mods here have had enough yet though, LOL)

Edited by FalseAgent, 08 September 2009 - 11:39 PM.

#23 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:18 PM

"It's almost to a point that Windows 7 is offering an complete system experience like OSX."

LOL...complete system experience.

Its an OS, not an orgasm.

OS X merely offers different levels of polish. I spend time using my apps, not gawking at my OS. OS X offers nothing that Windows does not, aside from some sorely missed Unix apps (ssh anyone?). Even so, that can be remedied for the most part.

#24 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

Its an OS, not an orgasm.

Mac isn't an OS, its a way of life!

#25 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:50 PM

Complete System Experience is more than just the finally working OS (No disrespect, but some know what I mean and I do really like Windows 7). I mean by the extra apps like the new Movie Maker, Writer, Mail and others. Microsoft is starting to finally release an Life suite like OSX. Something that you can really use to do things with. It is what Windows needed. Microsoft already has a killer Office Suite, which Apple is speeding to catch up with.

Also, before someone rates my user rating down again, I'm not the one who started this flame crap. You can blame all that on FalseAgent. So go ahead and give him points idiots like some did before. If it even matters! Y'all people just love to jump all on me for some psychotic reason. I could be a Apple Fanboy for real if you want me to. I'll make WinMatrix look like MacMatrix in this b**** with a lot of Apple posts.

Lately, I've been posting Windows posts. Even my comeback post was targeted towards Windows and PC products.

Also, FalseAgent that was giving respect. How about including everything I say instead of some. You are like a bad reporter or magazine trying to make someone look bad to get attention.

Quote from FalseAgent:
"I never told you to stick you head out of Apple's butt, and I still haven't. It's called respect."

LOL! LOL!!!!!! Didn't you start your post targeted at me with "I don't like you. Seriously."

LOL! I clean the dirtiest floor with your respect. Read my sig! It doesn't matter what I do, I will never have your respect. So, don't expect to have mine.

It's like I said before. I can't even post or give my opinion without being targeted. How can I be nice when this always happens.

Edited by yanike, 08 September 2009 - 11:59 PM.

#26 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:21 AM

^ well, screw the part about respect then.

Also, before someone rates my user rating down again, I'm not the one who started this flame crap. You can blame all that on FalseAgent. So go ahead and give him points idiots like some did before. If it even matters! Y'all people just love to jump all on me for some psychotic reason. I could be a Apple Fanboy for real if you want me to. I'll make WinMatrix look like MacMatrix in this b**** with a lot of Apple posts.

you said "THIS IS ALL B*LLSH*T!!1" and then said that Windows 7 newsletters belonged to the trash. Of course people are going to jump on you for all sorts of psychotic reasons. If it's all "B*LLSH*T!!1" to you, then why did you even post? (or god, at least share with us why you think it's all BS) carrying on, you said windows7 in newsletters all belonged to the trash, so blandly. It just isn't making any sense.

Lately, I've been posting Windows posts. Even my comeback post was targeted towards Windows and PC products.

aaaaaand you're expecting that to absolve you from your fanboyish nonsense? That is what you're coming across as of now, and it's a really flimsy excuse.

How about including everything I say instead of some.

Fair enough, but let's take a look at that again, shall we?

by saying this as a conclusion to your "props":

Hopefully in a year, we will see Microsoft giving the same level of quality and performance that Apple gives and more with their apps and products.

what you basically did, was to indirectly grant Apple a higher level of superiority than Microsoft. You're putting Apple on top of Microsoft, and that, my friend, is a biased argument. If you say good things about Microsoft, and then write this as a conclusion, you're basically just voiding everything you just wrote about. It won't matter even if I included everything you said. You're too biased.

...and that leads to defeating your own purpose: you're not giving Microsoft any REAL props.
....and THAT leads to yet another thing: that post, has therefore become useless since.

so, people jumping on you for all sorts of psychotic reasons, expect it more. Because that is how you're carrying yourself half the time you're that you're posting.

Complete System Experience is more than just the finally working OS (No disrespect, but some know what I mean and I do really like Windows 7). I mean by the extra apps like the new Movie Maker, Writer, Mail and others. Microsoft is starting to finally release an Life suite like OSX. Something that you can really use to do things with. It is what Windows needed. Microsoft already has a killer Office Suite, which Apple is speeding to catch up with.

we get what you mean. Thing is, you're explaining this "complete system experience" thing 3 posts too late. You should have mentioned those apps and suites.

Edited by FalseAgent, 09 September 2009 - 12:35 AM.

#27 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:23 AM

I like intel processors and then the AMD GPU but thats just my blend, I like both companies whatever's cheaper, I feel intel is known for their CPUs and ATI is known for GPUs (am I right)

#28 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:21 AM

Sorry for not quoting, but I don't feel like scrolling the hell out of my blackberry trackball to get the quotes I want.

Anyways.. What is your problem?!

I wasn't speaking on all newsletters from Microsoft. I do read MS newsletters and some do end up in the trash as quick as spam mail. Still, not all the newsletters are bad.

The problem with you is that you can't take anything posted against Microsoft. You feel that if I post something bad, it's because I'm an apple fanboy. Just for your information, lol not really because this is a forum, anyways.. I haven't been back on OSX since Windows 7 RC. I've even removed the hackintosh version on my PC to give more space to Windows 7. I've been completely working in Windows and somewhat Linux for certain reasons.

No OS is perfect. They all have flaws and they all come with something better, worse or more fitting. Recently, I find myself using Windows 7 and I'm starting to develop apps I want on it personally, because I feel it will be a great addition. Will I start developing for Linux and OSX again, maybe. Right now, Windows is my main target. I am a Windows supporter and most my time is spent on it.

So, don't be calling me a fanboy.

As far as quality apps go. Apple does have an nice edge over Windows. You can simply look at the products side by side and tell the difference.

Microsoft I have to give you more props on Movie Maker and DVD maker. The transitions and themes are so sweet! Anyways..

FalseAgent, if you want me to say something bad about Apple, I will say that their iMac's batteries suck and I've seen my friend back to the Apple store plenty of times to fix it. As well as the screen. Also, OSX likes to trap disc inside the drive and you can't eject disc sometimes without having to log out or restart the computer. I also can't believe that OSX now has a restore feature for the trash can. Also, at least Windows Mobile phones don't explode on people like iPloding Touch. I can't believe MobileMe cost money and MyMobile, Skydrive and others are free from Microsoft. Which I really love Skydrive, but scared to save my source code files on it, because Microsoft reads into all your information on there.

Edited by yanike, 09 September 2009 - 01:32 AM.

#29 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:32 AM

I am getting my macbook pro 13" tomorrow ;)

(long live the competition between MS and Apple: better products lower prices!)

Great choice man, your really going to like yet (Y).

#30 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:30 AM

I like intel processors and then the AMD GPU but thats just my blend, I like both companies whatever's cheaper, I feel intel is known for their CPUs and ATI is known for GPUs (am I right)

Yeah. Intel is better but i prefer AMD coz its cheaper in my place :P and for GPU, i prefer ATI ;) for better gaming performance(IMO)

offtopic: Break it up you two(Yanike and FalseAgent). You two shouldn't start a war inside here. Its not good for the community. :(

Edited by zool, 09 September 2009 - 04:40 AM.

#31 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:51 AM

Spoiler

:whistle:

#32 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:03 AM

Spoiler

:whistle:

LOL! Had to give you a "+" on that one :)

I remember that picture. I think we need one that fits Windows 7, because Windows is better now.

#33 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

This is all b*llsh*t. Microsoft is making advertisements, but making it seem like a person is promoting it and not them.

Also, I don't really like Apple's Ads much. I think Microsoft's are better. Apple is just repeating the same thing.

contradiction

I hope you one hell of a hypocrite gets smacked in the head. you deny that you love Apple and Windows while in fact you implied that you hate them both.

POOH: the rabbit is smart isn't he?
PIGLETT: Yes, why?
POOH: that is probably the reason why he doesn't understand anything.

Edited by coldemone, 09 September 2009 - 07:55 AM.

#34 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

I am getting my macbook pro 13" tomorrow ;)

(long live the competition between MS and Apple: better products lower prices!)

apple?! lower prices?!
thats one of the problems that apple has...
they sell you a "beauty PC" for 4 times the price of a PC with the same configuration...
even if you buy their OS, you can only install in it apple system...
so where is the competition?? if i were you, i will buy a PC for the half of price....
and if you like the apple OS, use hackingtosh or something like that...

I have a hackintosh
I think macs (hardware) are very expensive (that why i waited so long to buy one)
OSX (software) is very cheap compared to Windows
I hate Apples binding software to hardware
Without competition MS would not have given us such a good OS like Windows 7

In my original post I was going to write: "make love, not war", because I like both Windows and OSX and was hoping my comment woould not lead to a flame war :(

#35 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:35 AM

ups double post

Edited by Borix, 09 September 2009 - 08:36 AM.

#36 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:35 AM

I think Linux is more like Kawasaki Ninja.

#37 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

This is Linux.

Spoiler

#38 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

^ Haha, right.

#39 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Oh wow, another contest between Windows fans and Mac fans. Where is the Ubuntu fans? Show them your steel :P

Here.

But even I would buy a Macbook rather than a crappy low cost laptop because the hardware is better. I could get a better laptop though but the price would be equal to the Macbook and I prefer the design of a Macbook to any other I have seen yet.

#40 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

This is all b*llsh*t. Microsoft is making advertisements, but making it seem like a person is promoting it and not them.

Also, I don't really like Apple's Ads much. I think Microsoft's are better. Apple is just repeating the same thing.

contradiction

I hope you one hell of a hypocrite gets smacked in the head. you deny that you love Apple and Windows while in fact you implied that you hate them both.

Ok. So, you grab two different sentences from two completely different conversations and put them together to make me look like I'm contradicting myself?

Ok. This is the sh** I'm talking about. Dealing with idiots on this forum.

1. The first post was about the newsletter ad and the second one was about the Apple vs Microsoft TV Video ads. So, coldemone smack yourself real HARD for that one. I was talking about two completely different things.

2. When did I EVER say that I hated the OSes? I mentioned flaws and downsides, but I didn't ever say that I hated them. Smack yourself twice for that one.

Ok. Who's the next idiot to flame against me? This is just getting too ridicules.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!