• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

@LindaV and PurplePeopleEater
Most of the anime both of you listed i already watch except Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, and Adult Swim. BTW, we called Rurouni Kenshin as Samurai X(This is the best samurai anime i ever watched). I also watch mecha anime like Gundams(Seed, Wings, Destiny and 00) and Macross. Currently, i'm watching Bleach, 7 Ghost, One Piece, Naruto, FullMetal Alchemists, and many more.

@zool and PurplePeopleEater
Well, since we're posting anime pictures, I will show you one that pwns and that I cosplayed for, for a year (without all that boobage of course, anime artists are insane with the boobage level lol)

LOL!! Nice.. Haha, mangaka are always like that. They like big boobs in their anime or manga. That way they can attract more people :P

#22 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

@NealTheGuitarist
I'm using the word gangster loosely, I just want it to be hecka awesome. Just basically name some of your favorite movies :) That aren't pr0nz.
But I will definitely check him and that movie out!

@FalseAgent
LOL, NO.
I don't relate at all, though I have to admit that I had some mini tears while watching the ending.

@zool
Dude, you do not want to see Elfen Lied if you don't like bloody and gory because it's THAT bad with grossness. Black Lagoon is awesome! And Adult Swim is a television network at night from Cartoon Network :P
I tend to like futuristic, well drawn animes. Or the ones with a good amount of action and fighting in it, well like the ones I named already!
and mwahaha, it's too bad those boobs aren't real unless you gets a boob job! or have a boob dysfunction and it won't stop growing....

#23 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:14 AM

[quote name='zool' date='08 September 2009 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1252441523' post='246083']
@LindaV and PurplePeopleEater
Most of the anime both of you listed i already watch except Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, and Adult Swim. BTW, we called Rurouni Kenshin as Samurai X(This is the best samurai anime i ever watched). I also watch mecha anime like Gundams(Seed, Wings, Destiny and 00) and Macross. Currently, i'm watching Bleach, 7 Ghost, One Piece, Naruto, FullMetal Alchemists, and many more.

[quote name='Linda V' date='08 September 2009 - 08:20 AM' timestamp='1252369221' post='245955']

@zool and PurplePeopleEater
Well, since we're posting anime pictures, I will show you one that pwns and that I cosplayed for, for a year (without all that boobage of course, anime artists are insane with the boobage level lol)

[/quote]

Gundam: Wing was my first anime, but I watched all the series. I also watched all of Dragonball Z except the vey latest season

#24 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:27 AM

Gundam: Wing was my first anime, but I watched all the series. I also watched all of Dragonball Z except the vey latest season

Is Pokemon an anime? That would be mine. What about YuGiOh? I loved Gundam! And that other show with the BEYBLADES! :woot:

#25 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

^Yeah, Pokemon, YuGiOh and Beyblades are considered as anime. They come from Japan. In Japan, the cartoon are labeled as anime.

My first anime/manga was Dragonball Z. I watched it when i was 8 years old. Back then, all kids in my school including me bought Dragonball Z manga and read it in the classroom after the teacher is gone :P and made a huge collections. Even the girls like it too. ;)

#26 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:09 AM

My very first anime was Sailor Moon on this thing on Cartoon Network. I think it was Toonami? Oldie but goodie.

I used to collect pokemon cards. I had like 3 binders I brought to school and completely got smug about when I was 7 hahaha
But now, there is no way in hell I could collect over what 600?!?!?

#27 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

the cartoon are labeled as anime.

a cheap way to sell lots of money, make an anime of it.

try consulting thepiratebay's top 100 movies then filter out crap comments and find those that say "good film, good" not those racists. This is best way to watch good movies for free!

For me I like those Pixar movies. call me childish cause I am pretty am.

Edited by coldemone, 10 September 2009 - 01:42 PM.

#28 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

@ Linda:

My favourite movies are actually the classic movies, which you already should've seen. You know, The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, The Notebook, Gone With The Wind, The Pursuit of Happyness, T2: Judgment Day etc. But the best action movies in my opinion is The Bourne Series. It's damn cool. And you'll have to see The Departed, Gangs of New York. If you didn't see Little Manhattan, you should see it. It's damn cute. And you should see the movie The Kite Runner, a classic movie! The Last King of Scotland and Blood Diamond are must see too.

@ CommonSense:

Dude, Pokemon sucks! Beyblade RULZ! B)

@ Zool:

DragonBallZ is the best anime in the world! B)

#29 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

@ CommonSense:

Now it does. When it first came out though it was awesome! Is Beyblade still on TV? I was just naming shows I used to watch when I was 10, 11, 12 or so. Dragonball Z was awesome too! Heh, it still is!

#30 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

@ CommonSense:

Now it does. When it first came out though it was awesome! Is Beyblade still on TV? I was just naming shows I used to watch when I was 10, 11, 12 or so. Dragonball Z was awesome too! Heh, it still is!

I don't think Beyblade is still on TV. But fortunately I have all the episodes of Season 1. :D

#31 Ammarx

Ammarx

GeneralfeldmarschallROMMEL

• 934 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

@ Linda V

Which movies you found psychologically or philosophically challenging?

#32 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

@coldemone
Pixar > Dreamworks, fersure.
I love pixar movies. You can be any age and like them! And the only time I download torrents is when I can't get a really rare documentary. For the most part, I'm trying to do it the legal way haha.

@NealTheGuitarist
Ah! Thanks for giving me a great list! I actually liked most of what you put except The Pursuit of Happyness. That movie SUCKED to me. Well, I was watching it in one of my classes, but still. I was so bored. I love the Bourne Supremacy and the Bourne Identity. I'll definitely check out the third movie. In fact, I'm going to check a few of what you named. Thanks so much! :D

@Ammarx
What do you mean by your question?
Are you asking if I prefer philosophical or psychological movies? Or asking me what I thought of each movies that's been named that I've seen? :)

Edited by Linda V, 10 September 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#33 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

@ Linda:

You still didn't watch The Bourne Ultimatum!? OMG! You should die!!

But I thought The Pursuit of Happyness is a really good movie. Will Smith's best till date actually. (Except I, Robot)

#34 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:37 AM

@NealTheGuitarist
I know, I should shoot myself D;. I'm going to rent it soon!

REALLY? Well, I might think the way I do because I don't really like Will Smith as an actor. I did love I Am Legend though.
I cried a bit when he had to kill the dog, it was so sad and I love my dogs hahahah.

#35 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

@ Linda:

If he didn't kill the dog he probably would've turned into a Dark Seeker too.

I was hoping to see some awesome action but I am Legend turned out to be boring. You know, the last man thing and all. That kinda got boring.

#36 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

@Neal

I know that! Which is why it was so sad in the first place. I could never kill my dog even at the risk of becoming a zombie like creature haha

Whenever you have a movie with the last man on earth thing going on, it's sort of expected that the plot and the ending is going to be cliche. It was expected, but still a satisfying watch in my opinion :). Especially how he died at the end and gave the cure to that woman.

Do you know any good superhero related movies? I absolutely love comics and the movies that branched from it. I've already seen Batman1&2, Superman1&2, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Ironman (I got kicked out of the the theater halfway through D:), Watchmen, The Hulk, X-Men12&3. Is there anything else?

#37 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

and the ending is going to be cliche.

"When worded correctly the truth is never a cliche"

I like the ending because he passed on the cure but the last man thing does get boring.

Will Smith probably could have threw the grenade and jumped into the chamber aswell.

#38 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:08 AM

^PPE
Ah, but life, all of it, is nothing but a cycling cliche. :)
And the way he died, the ending, served dramatics on a silver platter. He died, blown up, as a "true hero" for saving the woman and kid.

@everyone
I've gotten so desperate for movies that I'm looking up foreign films now.
Battle Royale and Jeux D'Enfants are hecka tight. HECKA. Paris 36 is an okay movie. :D

#39 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

@ Linda:

Well, I think you have already seen every superhero movies there are. But you didn't see Ghost Rider, did you?

#40 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

I (have to) see about 4-5 movies daily including all the recent (sucking) big budget fiascos, coz it involves part of my income :D. Some awesome movies u haven't probably seen yet (not big budget ones)...

The Kingdom
The Hurt Locker
Breach
Run Lola Run

Among recent ones, District 9 was extremely good only if u can look at prawns for >2hours, and Hangover is a classic already. But nothing good apart from them - Alliens in the Attic & Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, G Force, Final Destination - were timepass materials... "Surrogates", "Race to Witch Mountain" lack any brain but are watchable - Dont go near "Drag me to hell" - Watch "Taking of Pelham" if u like Denzel/Travolta - FAndF 4 was so-so - I liked "Year One" :P and "Bruno" :P :P - Ice Age 3 was a bit dissapointing but better than most other current movies - I got nausea when watching "transformers 2" but definitely the 200 million dollars has something to offer - and finally "Inglorious Basterds" ... one word ... awesome !!altho tarantino kinda overdid it in this one ..

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!